1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I couldn't resist posting this one. I grew up on Trek, after all I am a child of the '60's. Make sure you go to the link for the entire article.

Take care, (or should I say Live Long & Prosper), LOL)

Jay

'Trek' tricorder could win $10 million

The development of a "Star Trek" tricorder-style medical device, similar to this NASA mockup, may be worth a $10 million prize.

By Alan Boyle

Cosmic Log - 'Trek' tricorder could win $10 million

A real-life diagnostic device that does something akin to what the tricorder did on "Star Trek" just might earn its developers $10 million prize. And yes, the proposed competition is actually being called the Tricorder X Prize. It's just one more example of life imitating "Trek." In the words of Mr. Spock: Fascinating!

The objective of the project, currently being explored by the X Prize Foundation and Qualcomm, is not just to create one more cool gadget for "Trek" fans ... although the idea of a hand-held, automated medical diagnostic device is pretty cool. The objective is to extend the reach of health information and services to billions more people in the world.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    <<thread moved>>
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    This idea sounds "illogical"

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

Imagine how much faster it could be to scan people in an emergency!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group