1.    #1  
    How do you guys feel about this new announcement from Google today? For me, I really don't get it. Especially these two laptops that they showed so far, they are like $350 to $500. You can get full windows 7 laptop with that price. If you don't want to pay for the os, you can easily put Linux as well. I really doubt about this new web base computer.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd buy one if they were sub-$200.
    If it's under $200, it's different story. I would try it out myself. Or if they let me install it on my current laptop, I would try that out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd buy one if they were sub-$200.
    ya agreed
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    They need to be cheaper then tablets to sell well.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I think it's ********. At least have it come dual booted with linux or windows. Come on.
    I can't buy a laptop that is entirely dependent on Google. Google tries for 100% uptime, but if it's your lucky day and some Google service decides to break and take all your documents down with it, then it won't be pretty...

Plus, there's the whole issue of using you to sell advertisements.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's not reliant on google. Just reliant on the web.

It's the future.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's not reliant on google. Just reliant on the web.

It's the future.
    The web powered by Google. You log in to use the machine so google know's what you are up to regardless of the sites you visit or apps you use. No big deal if you are ok with this.
    If that's true, I see why Google is starting to scare people. If they haven't already. But how does that fly with privacy advocates? Plus I thought the government was looking into "do not track" bills. Although I'm betting they'll get lobbied to stop.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So when people start buying the cloud-based OS, other people will undoubtedly begin to write apps for it, just like Android. So, wait, isn't the point of a cloud-based OS to have an OS that works better with netbooks, tablets and lower-end processors? Why have applications? But it will happen and eventually Chrome OS will simply be another option on the market. Even Brin agrees with this. That's fine, if they want to get into the OS market but I won't be rushing out to get anything with Google so embedded into it. It's hard enough to get rid of all the Google phone-home code that gets installed with their apps. I don't need an OS that's riddled with it.