1.    #1  
    Wow, now I am starting to see what all of the complaining has been recently regarding Sprint. They have gone back to being the worst customer service. You use to be able to call up and have a discussion on charges that seemed frivolous. Now, they tell you what you get and you should be happy.

-Tried to order an EVO 4G (black) for my girlfriend. Was ordering it online to skip the activation fee (which, lets face it, is a complete joke). They dont do anything that requires a $30 fee.
    -EVO 4G in balck is sold out.
    -Call around and find one in a store nearby. I ask if they will waive the activation fee since I am forced to purchase the phone in store. They tell me I need to call customer service to see if they will waive the acivation fee.
    -Call customer service. They tell me they wont waive the activation fee (takes them 25 min to figure out). I ask for supervisor. After waiting for 10 min, supervisor tells me I can order over the phone. I tell him they are out of stock, he says no they arent. I say yes you arte. He "double checks" and says they indeed have them, black, in stock.
    -transfer to sales rep. Tells me they are out of stock in black.

This is like a fking joke at this point. One out of four speaks coherent english. 45 minutes later and I'm back at square one.

Well Dan Hesse, where if your sweet, reassuring voice now?

We should have never given Sprint good marks on customer survey reports. They get one good rating and they throw the customers back under the bus.
    I think probably what was going on is that they were looking at the white EVO. I just went through the whole thing on Sprint.com, and I did add an EVO to my cart, but only when I got to checkout did I realize it was white. I didn't even know they made the EVO in white. So yeah, they still screwed up, but I don't think it's worth crucifying them over. YMMV
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Try going into the store that has it in stock. Pull out your wallet, tell them you're going to buy an EVO right now, but since online is no activation fee, you're not paying it in store. If they object, then tell them they lost the sale. Simple negotiation. They will waive the fee if they really want the sale.
    I see pandas.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I think probably what was going on is that they were looking at the white EVO. I just went through the whole thing on Sprint.com, and I did add an EVO to my cart, but only when I got to checkout did I realize it was white. I didn't even know they made the EVO in white. So yeah, they still screwed up, but I don't think it's worth crucifying them over. YMMV
    Yes, but i kept telling him that black EVO's were sold out, he assured me 3 times that black EVOs were in stock. The guy was either an ***** or just a jerk trying to get rid of me. Either way, Sprint deserves to be given a poor rating for this.

In the end it was my own fault for forgetting my own rule....Only deal with the retentions dept. Call them, took them under 10 min to get it set up. I dont understand why they refuse to help me at all until I am ready to cancel my service.

Sprint is such a joke.
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying, and I've heard others say the same thing about retentions.

over 11 years with Sprint and I've never had to threaten retentions department.

DirecTV, on the other hand... /sigh
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Sprint retentions, in my experience, is nothing more than a second support guy telling the same thing as the first, "that's our policy, sorry. On your way out, would you mind giving me a good rating on the survey Sprint is going to send you?"

I think "joke" is an adequate description.