1.    #1  
    I ordered a pre+ for att from ebay. Shipping date came and went and still no package. So ichecked tracking number and it says it has been shipped, Postal carrier agrees it has not but she remembers delivering one somewhere. So far I am out money spent and they are not responsible.
    I know there are a lot of phones purchased through ebay on here, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone. If so what steps did you take to get your phone?
    I would badger your postal company. It's time to dig down and dirty. Request to speak with the local manager. Write an email to the district manager. Find the phone number of the store where the shipper sent it from. Write an email to corporate headquarters. Call the customer service line. Fill out surveys and complain.

You should make progress that way.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Is this your responsibility?
    Who is the client here? The sender right?
  4.    #4  
    I have already contacted first manger on the list, he was more helpful, but still no phone or other package supposedly delivered at the same time on the same day. I do like your course of action tho, I have alarm set now to wakeup everyday and bug someone until I get my stuff. Tomorrow District Manager, .....
    You can file a claim with ebay, look it up on ebay. They have a "guarantee" on their site.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Is this your responsibility?
    Who is the client here? The sender right?
    Apparently, yes it is my responsibility, I can complain through ebay, but only at the seller, the problem is with my local postal carrier, who can deliver packages to the wrong address and not be liable...
    I despise usps.
    I try to pay the extra for FedEx or UPS.
    The seller should have required a signature at delivery. It's his responsibility to ensure you get your package.
    Hold your ground on this one.
    The seller shouldn't lose money if he insured it.
  8.    #8  
    the thing is, I think because the tracking number says it was delivered, it is at the sellers disgretion to help or not.
    everytime I try to tell ebay, they direct me torwards the seller because of this tracking number status saying delivered.
    is there a way to track the phone if it is being used somewhere?
    by the way, thanks everyone for a great forum and to all the developers for making webos come alive.
    Wait - how can it say "Delivered" was there confirmation? If so then they should know where it was delivered right?
  10.    #10  
    nope, just put it in some random mailbox and scanned it with her little scanner, done. After that it's Oops...
    i would print out the tracking info on usps.com and go to a post office. Complain to the postmaster that the item is saying it was delivered but, you never received it. State that it appears to have been delivered to a wrong box. Let them question the individual on that route. You may want to mention the conversation you had where she implies she delivered it to a wrong address. You may get it back if the person who received it realizes it is not their mail and is nice enough to return it to P.O. Otherwise say goodbye. I have had it happen to me a few times but I was lucky enough that it was delivered in a PO and there was no slip in my box those times. The wrong box number was marked on the box in marker by the person that sorted the packages when they located them. Each time the same mistake.
    If you paid through paypal, hopefully you did, then you can file dispute for return of funds. Takes forever to get done but it you will eventually get the refund. Other idea is that package should have had insurance for the seller to make claim and you get the refund from the seller. If the seller put insurance on it then that seller SHOULD refund you regardless of excuse or you can report the seller to ebay for I will bet the seller already made claim and pocketed the money.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    My dad had something similar happen with best buy when they were sending in my laptop to be fixed. He threatened to bring a gun... It worked.. Although. I don't recommend it. :P
    Seller is responsible for getting the item to you. Doesn't matter if it got stolen, lost in shipping, or if the shipper delivered it to the wrong address. If you didn't get the item, it's on the seller. You as the recipient cannot file a claim against the shipper, only the seller can. You can file a claim with eBay, then with PayPal, then with your CC company, assuming you used it as your source of funds to PayPal. I know PayPal defaults to taking money from your checking account, but I always make sure that it takes it from my credit card, so if crap like this does happen, I can always dispute the charge with my credit card company if eBay or PayPal refuses to play ball.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    My dad had something similar happen with best buy when they were sending in my laptop to be fixed. He threatened to bring a gun... It worked.. Although. I don't recommend it. :P
    Yeeeeeaaaaaaah and now the internet and phone calls are being monitored.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    He did it in person. Bahahaha
  17.    #17  
    still no package, no one cares , ebay directs me to seller, seller directs me to shipper and shipper says I don't know where it is.... I will never use post office for anything again. You can't dispute anything on paypal for ebay purchases it has to be done through ebay buyer protection plan... What a joke. I think I will become a mailman and just keep everyones mail, nothing will happen and just think of all the cool stuff I can get.