Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Typical....the headline looks good....but did you read the story? LOL These folks, if in fact they could deliver, wanted to negotiate and turn him over to a third country: Mr Kabir said: "If America were to step back from the current policy, then we could negotiate." Mr bin Laden could be handed over to a third country for trial, he said. "We could discuss which third country." Why would we negotiate with folks who we don't know if they could even deliver? Maybe this "negotiation" time allows for Bin Laden to escape because maybe we were getting close? As Bush said, we don't need to negotiate, the guy was guilty, turn him over.
    Yes, they wanted to negotiate to not have us carpet bomb their intire country. That's understandable. They also wanted to give him up in a neutral country. Also understandable. I don't see a problem with any of those demands to get our #1 enemy...

And secondly, this was AFTER 9/11. Bill Clinton had his chance to get OBL well before 9/11.
    All the more reason to want him handed over if you ask me...

Nice try though....I must admit the title to the article looked good.
    It was/is good.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    I personally have no problems with what obama did....glad he had the balls to do it.....I must confess I am surprised he did.
    Why are you surprised? Obama said he would go into Pakistan during the election.

What is funny, is you accuse conservatives of making this political while I see liberals making it political.
    Being happy for the current president for catching our nations #1 enemy is now considered "partisan" to you? I personally would not have brought up all of the Bush articles if the Obama bashing had not been posted first. To me this is not a partisan issue.

As I stated, I think if a Republican Prez had authorized this raid into a country without their (the country) permission, with info that might have been attained from questionable means, then killed someone point blank....I think they (liberals) would be going nuts over this.
    So Bush got an invitation into Afghanistan and Iraq? What about your "balls" comment? Are you implying that Bush lacked them?

Personally, the dude needed to be killed....high five to obama for killing someone with no trial....did he need one? Does anyone question his guilt?
    I agree with you on all of this...

Just as Prez Bush said in your article above, why do we need to negotiate for him? He's guilty, turn him over.
    Go back and read what was said. They said "Don't invade us, we'll just hand him over" and Bush said no to that. Why do you not question spending what has ended up being trillions of dollars on a war that could have been completely avoided?

I think this shows that no matter what happens....good or bad....each party will be seen by the "other" side as using or taking advantage of these situations. Seems like that has been going on since politics started, don't you think?
    Again, conservatives started it. When Bush got Sadam, we all stood behind him. Sure, we may not have agreed on the reasoning for the war in Iraq but we all agree that Sadam needed to be taken out of power. At the time, liberals did not second guess Bush. I was actually watching FOX News 10mins after Obama'a announcement on Sunday night and they had already begun praising Bush and downplaying Obama's role for the killing of Bin Laden. What happened to patriotism?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Yes, they wanted to negotiate to not have us carpet bomb their intire country. That's understandable. They also wanted to give him up in a neutral country. Also understandable. I don't see a problem with any of those demands to get our #1 enemy....
    We will just have to disagree....surprised? I stick to my comment regarding negotiating with these people. We didn't want OBL sitting in another country where he might end up like Abdelbaset Mohmed Ali al-Megrahi, held in prison and then released. We wanted him right back here where he could hopefully be strung up, or, as obama authorized, just shoot him in the eye.

All the more reason to want him handed over if you ask me...
    And yet you fail to acknowledge my point, had clinton not been busy in the oval office with Lewensky, he might have taken OBL and 9/11 never would have happened. You can't quite get past that little blunder, huh?

Clinton Let Bin Laden Slip Away and Metastasize

It was/is good.
    So says YOU. LOL
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    It is funny. During the Bush administration it was called patriotism to applaud the president when he had done well, but for Obama it is considered suspicious. The fact is that the #1 enemy of the U.S. was killed which should not in any way be "partisan" but conservatives are making it so. Pretty pathetic....
    Kenanator, if you really want to get a flavor of how partisan the right is making this, try reading the right wing sources themselves. It would also serve as a nice counter balance to your left wing readings . For starters check out Judson Phillips, head of the Tea Party Nation:

Quote Originally Posted by blog of Judson Phillips, head of the Tea Party Nation
    Tea Party Nation
    Obama is taking credit for this. He did give the order. Did he really have a choice? If word leaked out that he had solid intelligence on where Bin Laden was and did not act, it would have killed any chance he had at reelection. Of course, he made his announcement right in the middle of Donald Trump’s “Celebrity Apprentice” show. Of course, that was just a coincidence.
    The first part of the quote is pretty self explanatory and totally confirms what you said above. But I really like the last part of the quote most of all. The idea that Obama timed his statement so that he can steal ratings away from Donald Trumps TV show, well thats genius. If he ever gets tired of writing blogs, Judson Phillips could have a great career writing comedy sketches for SNL…….
    Again, conservatives started it. When Bush got Sadam, we all stood behind him. Sure, we may not have agreed on the reasoning for the war in Iraq but we all agree that Sadam needed to be taken out of power. At the time, liberals did not second guess Bush. I was actually watching FOX News 10mins after Obama'a announcement on Sunday night and they had already begun praising Bush and downplaying Obama's role for the killing of Bin Laden. What happened to patriotism?
    Really? Liberals did not second guess Bush? LOL Whateverator.....you seem to have a bit of a short memory. Yes, yes....the liberals were all behind Prez Bush....I remember that soooo clearly!

And why not praise the Prez who authorized the means to get the info we needed to likely help this occur? Other than barbara boxer, most people "in the know" seem to concur that information attained in water-boarding likely led to these couriers.

I gave obama praise for having the balls to do it. I mean geez, you did see he had to cut his golf game to 9 holes to be present to watch, right? (I liked the jacket they gave him in the war room to cover his golf shirt, lol) I mean, for him to cut a golf outing short shows it was important to him. And yes, as an American, I am happy to have him (OBL) at the bottom of the sea.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    We will just have to disagree....surprised? I stick to my comment regarding negotiating with these people. We didn't want OBL sitting in another country where he might end up like Abdelbaset Mohmed Ali al-Megrahi, held in prison and then released. We wanted him right back here where he could hopefully be strung up, or, as obama authorized, just shoot him in the eye.
    So a 10 year, trillion dollar war was the wiser choice? And you complain about the deficit? We could not have just sent the seals into whatever 3rd world country that he was being held in? Your argument is just assumptions...

And yet you fail to acknowledge my point, had clinton not been busy in the oval office with Lewensky, he might have taken OBL and 9/11 never would have happened. You can't quite get past that little blunder, huh?
    Yes, all Clinton did was get sexual favors..........and reduce the deficit. He had a little more on his plate than you are implying.

As for Bush and his Bin Laden policies:

Bush shut down the unit responsible for finding Bin Laden in 2006. Obama re-opened it when he took office.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/washington/04intel.html

Bush also downplayed catching Bin Laden with these words in March 13, 2002:

"I don't know where Bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

- H.L. Mencken
    "I don't know where Bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    Yup.....I think we'll stop here if you really believe Prez Bush really didn't care. You see....you criticize me/conservatives for not giving obama the proper "credit". I think I did give him credit, though. But then you attack Prez Bush for not really wanting to get him? You really believe that, huh? Did you not see his countless other comments regarding OBL? How about his "wanted dead or alive"? I didn't waste my time reading the NY Times article, so not sure of the context of that comment, but likely Prez Bush was trying to not blow OBL's head up too big (besides, the SEALS did that, lol), by down playing him. I doubt he took that stance with the folks looking for OBL.

But....make your rebuttal....I'm done for the night. I confess, you took the wind out of my sail by saying that Prez Bush really didn't want to get OBL. No, you're not showing your liberal side, you are clearly fair and balanced as well. lol.

Really? Liberals did not second guess Bush? LOL Whateverator.....you seem to have a bit of a short memory. Yes, yes....the liberals were all behind Prez Bush....I remember that soooo clearly!
    Actually, when it came to the capture and handling of Sadam, the left WAS behind Bush. He did a few other things to make us mad...

And why not praise the Prez who authorized the means to get the info we needed to likely help this occur?
    Then we should be thanking Clinton...

Other than barbara boxer, most people "in the know" seem to concur that information attained in water-boarding likely led to these couriers.
    This guy agrees with Boxer:

“It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding.”

That was said by Don Rumsfeld. I think he had a little inside info on this too...

The "Conservative Chronicles": Rumsfeld Exclusive: There Was No Waterboarding of Courier Source

That is from a conservative blog site, just so you know. But he does go on to say that "water-boarding" or any other forms of "harsh negotiations" never happened, and we all know that that is a flat out lie...

There is also this...

I gave obama praise for having the balls to do it. I mean geez, you did see he had to cut his golf game to 9 holes to be present to watch, right? (I liked the jacket they gave him in the war room to cover his golf shirt, lol) I mean, for him to cut a golf outing short shows it was important to him. And yes, as an American, I am happy to have him (OBL) at the bottom of the sea.
    Yet Bush did NOT cancel his Brush clearing trips on his ranch. A full third of his 8 years of presidency was spent on "vacation."

- H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wowowowowow this thread is a lil out there hahaha

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Yup.....I think we'll stop here if you really believe Prez Bush really didn't care. You see....you criticize me/conservatives for not giving obama the proper "credit". I think I did give him credit, though. But then you attack Prez Bush for not really wanting to get him? You really believe that, huh? Did you not see his countless other comments regarding OBL? How about his "wanted dead or alive"? I didn't waste my time reading the NY Times article, so not sure of the context of that comment, but likely Prez Bush was trying to not blow OBL's head up too big (besides, the SEALS did that, lol), by down playing him. I doubt he took that stance with the folks looking for OBL.

But....make your rebuttal....I'm done for the night. I confess, you took the wind out of my sail by saying that Prez Bush really didn't want to get OBL. No, you're not showing your liberal side, you are clearly fair and balanced as well. lol.
    Those were his words, not mine!

BTW When was he concerned about making sure our military had proper equipment and a defined strategy like he said in this vid?

- H.L. Mencken
    Those were his words, not mine!

BTW When was he concerned about making sure our military had proper equipment and a defined strategy like he said in this vid?

Kenanator, you are obviously confused, so I guess I have to spell it out for you:

When President Bush was saying he didn't care about catching bin ladin, he secretly really did, but he was just trying to throw the bad guys off the trail
    ........its called strategerizing.

And even though bin ladin had no clue about President's real motives, it was totally obvious to all conservatives.

Anyway, now that bin ladin is dead, its ok to let the secret out.

i think its the fact that you are a liberal that you just can't understand this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Kenanator, you are obviously confused, so I guess I have to spell it out for you:

When President Bush was saying he didn't care about catching bin ladin, he secretly really did, but he was just trying to throw the bad guys off the trail
    ........its called strategerizing.

And even though bin ladin had no clue about President's real motives, it was totally obvious to all conservatives.

Anyway, now that bin ladin is dead, its ok to let the secret out.

i think its the fact that you are a liberal that you just can't understand this.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..........

Silly me!

- H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hahaha

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    It took them this long, because it takes time to heal properly after plastice surgery.
    The poor bugger they held captive all this time, to have his physique dramatically adjusted to make it believable... BL probably had so much surgery, he probably looks more like Bush right now, than Bush does himself.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    .... wait... who died? did I miss something?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    .... wait... who died? did I miss something?
    Here is the first leaked picture...

obl.jpg

Hope this hasn't been post already.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Here is the first leaked picture...

obl.jpg

Hope this hasn't been post already.
    WHERE CAN I FIND BACON THAT SIZE?!?!?!?!?!?!

- H.L. Mencken
    I think the photo shop down the street from me has some that size.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234