Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 78
  1. #41  
    The Dirty Dozen (1967)
    Apocalypse Now (1979)
    First Blood (1982)
    Commando (1985)
    Platoon (1986)
    Full Metal Jacket (1987)
    Three Kings (1999)
    Black Hawk Down (2001)
    Rescue Dawn (2006)
    Inglourious *******s (2009)
    Green Zone (2010)
    Groovy (2011)
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So much for the "unity" the President was speaking of.
    making fun of someone's name in lieu of thanking them - now thats unity for you! ha ha.
  3. #43  
    I loved how Ron White worded this, "We killed him back!"
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4. #44  
    Since davidra has made this political, that means it's safe to jump in here. The media would have played this out totally different had it been Prez Bush placing the cross hairs on obama's, I mean osama's, head. All the talk would have been that the death was only achieved because we got information leading to this deed in questionable ways and that Prez Bush had only put out a kill order. However, since it was holy one who put out the kill order, the media is wetting their pants.

    Bottom line, the economy still sucks and gas prices are going higher. I'm actually surprised that obama didn't hold out until late October 2012 before taking obama, I mean osama (sorry, always get these Muslim names mixed up), out. If rahm emanuel had still been running things, this kill would have been delayed about a year and a half. I mean, why waste such an amazing opportunity so far in advance of an election????

    And, of course, all this could have been avoided many, many, many years ago if clinton had just taken osama when he was offered to us. Anyone got a time machine?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    making fun of someone's name in lieu of thanking them - now thats unity for you! ha ha.
    I made fun of nobody's name. I did seriously hear at least five different people, between television and radio, make that mistake. Let's face it, both names are similar and, furthermore, both names are relevant. It's sort of like the Iran-Iraq war. I'm sure you remember how easy it was, in the excitement of debate, to say Iran when you meant Iraq, and vice-versa. In this case, the gaffe just happens to hit closer to home and is of a more delicate nature.

    No offense intended and props to President Obama for doing the right thing! Props also to the CIA for good intel, and to the Navy SEALS who just plain rock!
  6. #46  
    And that is how the US outdoes a royal wedding.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    No offense intended and props to President Obama for doing the right thing! Props also to the CIA for good intel, and to the Navy SEALS who just plain rock!
    Thanks groovy for clarifying.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So much for the "unity" the President was speaking of.
    You're tellin' me....

    10 Ways the Right Is Spinning Bin Laden's Death | Mother Jones
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  9. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #49  
    Yep, Obama's "unity" is a big stretch indeed. Those kids at that "spontaneous" celebration in front of the White House, just after the announcement, carrying Obama-Biden campaign signs, clearly weren't looking for political unity.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yep, Obama's "unity" is a big stretch indeed. Those kids at that "spontaneous" celebration in front of the White House, just after the announcement, carrying Obama-Biden campaign signs, clearly weren't looking for political unity.
    Jeez.... And even more partisan hackery from you. Sorry, Groovy, but most Americans do not care about partisanship and are just happy that Bin Laden got smoked. If it was during Bush's presidency they would have been doing the same. Remember when Sadam was caught?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  11. #51  
    OK, what I don't get is that this admittedly was a mission to kill, but that he somehow resisted arrest? Seems a bit of a contradiction. Wasn't the whole point of this operation to end his life? He wasn't armed and they put a bullet in him. End of story right?

    And of course GWB didn't find him and Barack did.
    Duh...
  12. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Jeez.... And even more partisan hackery from you. Sorry, Groovy, but most Americans do not care about partisanship and are just happy that Bin Laden got smoked. If it was during Bush's presidency they would have been doing the same. Remember when Sadam was caught?
    Carrying a Bush-Cheney campaign sign to a celebration? Um, no. But, you're right, I am just a partisan hack. I should stick to quoting unbiased sources, like Mother Jones.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Shot in the Head!
    when i see the pics i will believe them ! until then they are just telling stories !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Carrying a Bush-Cheney campaign sign to a celebration? Um, no. But, you're right, I am just a partisan hack. I should stick to quoting unbiased sources, like Mother Jones.
    So Mother Jones made up those quotes? I did not post one of their opinion pieces...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    when i see the pics i will believe them ! until then they are just telling stories !
    And thus, the "Deathers" are born...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  16. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So Mother Jones made up those quotes? I did not post one of their opinion pieces...
    And I did not make up the fact that people were holding Obama-Biden campaign signs at the celebration.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    And I did not make up the fact that people were holding Obama-Biden campaign signs at the celebration.
    It is funny. During the Bush administration it was called patriotism to applaud the president when he had done well, but for Obama it is considered suspicious. The fact is that the #1 enemy of the U.S. was killed which should not in any way be "partisan" but conservatives are making it so. Pretty pathetic....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    And, of course, all this could have been avoided many, many, many years ago if clinton had just taken osama when he was offered to us. Anyone got a time machine?
    Bush rejects Taliban offer to surrender bin Laden - Asia, World - The Independent
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  19. #59  
    Typical....the headline looks good....but did you read the story? LOL These folks, if in fact they could deliver, wanted to negotiate and turn him over to a third country: Mr Kabir said: "If America were to step back from the current policy, then we could negotiate." Mr bin Laden could be handed over to a third country for trial, he said. "We could discuss which third country." Why would we negotiate with folks who we don't know if they could even deliver? Maybe this "negotiation" time allows for Bin Laden to escape because maybe we were getting close? As Bush said, we don't need to negotiate, the guy was guilty, turn him over.

    And secondly, this was AFTER 9/11. Bill Clinton had his chance to get OBL well before 9/11. Nice try though....I must admit the title to the article looked good.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    It is funny. During the Bush administration it was called patriotism to applaud the president when he had done well, but for Obama it is considered suspicious. The fact is that the #1 enemy of the U.S. was killed which should not in any way be "partisan" but conservatives are making it so. Pretty pathetic....
    I personally have no problems with what obama did....glad he had the balls to do it.....I must confess I am surprised he did. What is funny, is you accuse conservatives of making this political while I see liberals making it political. As I stated, I think if a Republican Prez had authorized this raid into a country without their (the country) permission, with info that might have been attained from questionable means, then killed someone point blank....I think they (liberals) would be going nuts over this. Personally, the dude needed to be killed....high five to obama for killing someone with no trial....did he need one? Does anyone question his guilt? Just as Prez Bush said in your article above, why do we need to negotiate for him? He's guilty, turn him over. I think this shows that no matter what happens....good or bad....each party will be seen by the "other" side as using or taking advantage of these situations. Seems like that has been going on since politics started, don't you think?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions