Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    While I understand all that, it will not stop the wacko moles out there from one side or the other. one side saying he isnt really dead, to the other side saying the US screwed up and didnt get it right.. which ever it is, a mistake was made.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I've heard of two sources who claimed there was a nuclear bomb hidden somewhere in Europe which would be detonated in the event Osama would be taken out.
    Nuclear device, which I took to mean some sort of "dirty bomb". That in turn covers all sorts of things, I guess down to a vintage Rolex taped to a hand grenade.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    While I understand all that, it will not stop the wacko moles out there from one side or the other. one side saying he isnt really dead, to the other side saying the US screwed up and didnt get it right.. which ever it is, a mistake was made.
    Has Donald Trump asked to see the death certificate yet?

FWIW, I think burial at sea was the right decision. After all, if some of his colleagues want to stand by his grave....
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Pakistan, hmmmm, less than a klick from a Military base, hmmm, if I was in the Pakistan ISI or Military, I would be looking skyward right now, see if any drones are circling above me.
    I think it was a mistake to bury him at sea. We should have put one of his eyes in a box and shipped it to the head of the ISI as a reminder of which side he needs to be on. The other eye should have gone to Mullah Omar to let him know that we have an "eye out" for him. We should have shipped various appendages to the leaders of each tribe that harbored him all these years. And his head should have been stuck on a stick and posted outside the US camp in Kabul.

He was not deserving of any kind of Muslim burial considerations.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Has Donald Trump asked to see the death certificate yet?

FWIW, I think burial at sea was the right decision. After all, if some of his colleagues want to stand by his grave....
    Grave or not, there will be a memorial built somewhere that his devotees will flock to. That's okay too. Makes it easier to figure out who the bad guys are.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I think it was a mistake to bury him at sea. We should have put one of his eyes in a box and shipped it to the head of the ISI as a reminder of which side he needs to be on. The other eye should have gone to Mullah Omar to let him know that we have an "eye out" for him. We should have shipped various appendages to the leaders of each tribe that harbored him all these years. And his head should have been stuck on a stick and posted outside the US camp in Kabul.

I'm seeing you in a whole new way.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm seeing you in a whole new way.
    Just taking a queue from the Sonny Corleone playbook. By the way, I forgot to mention that, as a gesture of good will, we should have sent his buttocks to al-Zawahiri with a note saying, simply "So you can keep your nose warm."
  8.    #28  
    Just call me Berd.
    Sorry, but that's disrespectful. Not to him; you're right in that he deserves no such respect by any means, but instead to the people who are believers in the true and peaceful Islam that have gotten caught in the international stigma and phobias bin Laden created through his disgusting and cowardly actions.

To disrespect their rights is to do (a far less severe version of) the same thing Osama bin Laden himself did. I'm glad that we upheld those traditions simply on the basis that the world will hate us less for it.

That being said, he was killed by a bullet to the head from a Navy SEAL. Could that have been any more American? Hell yeah.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Sorry, but that's disrespectful. Not to him; you're right in that he deserves no such respect by any means, but instead to the people who are believers in the true and peaceful Islam that have gotten caught in the international stigma and phobias bin Laden created through his disgusting and cowardly actions.

To disrespect their rights is to do (a far less severe version of) the same thing Osama bin Laden himself did. I'm glad that we upheld those traditions simply on the basis that the world will hate us less for it.
    First, I don't think by not honoring him as a Muslim, we would offend many non-extremist Muslims. Many Muslims claimed Osama wasn't a "true Muslims". Obviously they want to distance themselves, as Muslims, from him and his ilk. By not honoring him as a Muslim, we would be agreeing with them.

Second, I seriously doubt the people who would be offended by not respecting his remains will think any more or less of us because of it. They hate us not primarily because of our actions but because of their beliefs. I don't believe the rest of the world cares one way or the other.

That being said, he was killed by a bullet to the head from a Navy SEAL. Could that have been any more American? Hell yeah.
    Grave or not, there will be a memorial built somewhere that his devotees will flock to. That's okay too. Makes it easier to figure out who the bad guys are.
    Without taking away from any of the horrible atrocities that have taken place.
    You are presupposing that the US are the 'good guys'. Unfortunately that sentiment is questionable at best.
    I would just like to say. BOOM HEADSHOT. Those of you who got that... I love you.
    They should have turned him into the world's largest urinal cake and let everyone that lost someone on 9/11 have at it.

Edit: I guess you can't leave the ladies out... maybe just stuff him in the base of a port-a-potty and place it at a rock concert.
    Last edited by sinime; 05/02/2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Without taking away from any of the horrible atrocities that have taken place.
    You are presupposing that the US are the 'good guys'. Unfortunately that sentiment is questionable at best.
    Would you prefer I said, "makes it easier to figure out who the worse guys are"? How about "makes it easier to figure out who the guys in whose countries you would hate to live are, as opposed to the guys in whose countries you would simply try to avoid living"? Seems to me like a pretty odd distinction to make but, then again, I don't have any qualms about calling people who would knowingly target thousands of innocent civilians, who try to force religion by the sword, who denigrate females for being born female, " the bad guys".
    About time !

I mean I was getting sick of the royal wedding :-P

Have they released any photos of Osama's body yet?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Meanwhile in an islamic forum theres a topic about wht to do with the body parts of jorge bush and obama bin ladin. Hahahaha

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I can't tell you how many times I heard journalists and commentators say Obama instead of Osama today.
    I can't tell you how many times I heard journalists and commentators say Obama instead of Osama today.
    yea well I know a network where they make those kind of 'mistakes' all the time. ha ha. Anyway, good news overall and props to everyone involved with the deed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    yea well I know a network where they make those kind of 'mistakes' all the time. .
    As per post 19. I almost feel sorry for them, though. This is huge blow to Fox. After all, only republicans can keep us safe. Except for, like, FDR. And Obama.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So much for the "unity" the President was speaking of.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast