1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I can't get over how foolish some companies are! Talk about doing EVERYTHING WRONG! They should be happy he called it to their attention...Some companies seem to forget without us they wouldn't have a company!

See the link for the entire article...

take care,

Jay

Legal goons threaten researcher for reporting security bug
    When vuln disclosures are outlawed...

By Dan Goodin in San Francisco •

Posted in Security, 29th April 2011 23:12 GMT

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04...er_threatened/

A German software company has threatened legal action against a security researcher who privately reported a critical vulnerability in one of its programs, Dark Reading reports.

Legal goons from Magix AG sent a nasty gram to a researcher who goes by “Acidgen” after he reported the stack buffer overflow in the company's Music Maker 16. According to the report, Acidgen alerted Magix representatives to the bug in several emails that also included proof-of-concept code that forced the Windows calculator to open, indicating the flaw could be exploited to execute malicious code on a victim's computer.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Well he'd be better off letting them fix it themselves using his suggestions, and withdraw his statement that he will make the vulnerability details public. Just to avoid a mess. Germany has some tough laws it seems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Get this:

Germany enacts 'anti-hacker' law • The Register

Possession of dual-use tools - port scanners such as nmap or security scanners like nessus - is punishable by imprisonment of up to 12 months and a fine.
    Holy crap. I've used nmap on numerous occasions to recover an email password that a client had forgotten. Guess I'd be a felon in Germany!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Yep, that's what I mean. That tough law is shortsighted and crippling.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!