Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    OK. What does Celine Dion music got to do with this debate? Celine Dion makes some of the best music in the world -- right up there with Madonna. Leave Madame Celine out of this!

Originally posted by KRamsauer

Hey, we agree again. I said the same thing. I said it's bad, especially when sanctioned by the state. That implies it's always bad (like Celine Dion music) just especially bad in some situations (played loudly while I'm watching football ).

I don't follow.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I think this is exactly what he is saying. This seem to contradicts his position in the "Lieberman Israel" connection debate in the ON Year On discussion.

Instead of playing word games and making cryptic remarks how about you answer my question. Why are the remarks of Mr. Masoud typical of Arabs? Why does being Arab mean he's going to say Arabs should be searched more heavily than non Arabs?
    Originally posted by yardie
    OK. What does Celine Dion music got to do with this debate? Celine Dion makes some of the best music in the world -- right up there with Madonna. Leave Madame Celine out of this!
    ick. on both. *goes off to blast Mozart at 78 RPM*
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  4.    #84  
    In fact, I wouldn;t be surprised if they try to make a link wih Al Qaida.
    That's the problem with a network such Al Queda: you can basically "prove" anyone is a part of it. I'm sure I'm linked to them in one way or another Uhoh, I think I hear Ashcroft knocking at my door.....
    Should be. I can't figure it out. [...]
    Then I suppose you'll just have to learn to deal with not knowing.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I agree with this statement.
    Well, at least you're consistent.
    But I think you missed the point.
    No, I think you and Kurt are, but that's alright.
    If the sniper turn out to be Arab or Muslim, I am sure CNN would have no problem calling him/her/them a terrorist. [...]
    CNN has been most sympathetic (towards terrorists anyway) on such matters in the past, so I'm doubtful.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    [...] This seem to contradicts his position in the "Lieberman Israel" connection debate in the ON Year On discussion.
    Yes, it does, doesn't it.
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by Toby
    Then I suppose you'll just have to learn to deal with not knowing.
    Please? Enlighten me? I don't understand your aversion to helping me out, even when it's to understand your own statements.
  9.    #89  
    I think this is exactly what he is saying. This seem to contradicts his position in the "Lieberman Israel" connection debate in the ON Year On discussion.
    What did Mr. Masoud say regarding the honorable Ct. senator? I don't remember anything from that thread about Mr. Masoud.
    Man you are really lost these days.

What did Mr. Masoud say regarding the honorable Ct. senator? I don't remember anything from that thread about Mr. Masoud.
  11.    #91  
    Man you are really lost these days.

Apparently, but I'm using the English language convetion of using the most recent noun as the antecedent. It's too bad people insist an saying I'm lost or cluelss instead of trying to clarify what they mean.
    Apparently, but I'm using the English language convetion of using the most recent noun as the antecedent. It's too bad people insist an saying I'm lost or cluelss instead of trying to clarify what they mean.
    I think what yardie means is that his point was that Toby's most recently espoused position seemed somewhat in contradiction to the position he and I were setting out in the "One Year On" thread.

Mr. Masoud wasn't the issue. What started up the "debate" you, Toby and I had was whether it was fair to assume that Mr. Lieberman was in favor of war against Iraq b/c he was Jewish.

Or this is what I think Yardie meant. Of course, I've been wrong before...
    Kelley
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I think what yardie means is that his point was that Toby's most recently espoused position seemed somewhat in contradiction to the position he and I were setting out in the "One Year On" thread.

Mr. Masoud wasn't the issue. What started up the "debate" you, Toby and I had was whether it was fair to assume that Mr. Lieberman was in favor of war against Iraq b/c he was Jewish.

Now you're going to poison this thread too. FWIW, fairness wasn't necessarily part of _my_ issue in that thread.
    Originally posted by Toby
    Now you're going to poison this thread too. FWIW, fairness wasn't necessarily part of _my_ issue in that thread.
    Oops, you're right!! EVERYONE--in no means go back on that tangent that Toby, Kurt and I went on!!

(Toby--Logic to you; Fairness to me, whatever!)
  15.    #95  
    EVERYONE--in no means go back on that tangent that Toby, Kurt and I went on!!
    Well my point through that whole thing was........nah, I better not.

Peace.
  16.    #96  

I think what yardie means [snip] before...
    Kelley
    Ah, thanks. All clear now.
  17.    #97  
    Could this whole sniper thing be done?
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/...ngs/index.html
    Though not Arab, the prime suspect is Muslim. Contrary to some prior conjecture, CNN isn't now calling him a terrorist. Initial impressions (by me) is that the media is approaching this much the same as with T. McVeigh. Specifically, it seems they are calling him a lone nut instead of a member of an international organization. Of course that can change. Only within the last few hours has evidence really started to mount.
    Whoa Kelly hits the nail on the head. Maybe men are clueless after all LOL.

Kelley
    He too is one of Uncle Sam's best men (fought in Gulf War). Seems like the army is competing with Al Qaeda's training camps.

Could this whole sniper thing be done?
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/South/10/...ngs/index.html
    Though not Arab, the prime suspect is Muslim. Contrary to some prior conjecture, CNN isn't now calling him a terrorist. Initial impressions (by me) is that the media is approaching this much the same as with T. McVeigh. Specifically, it seems they are calling him a lone nut instead of a member of an international organization. Of course that can change. Only within the last few hours has evidence really started to mount.
    He too is one of Uncle Sam's best men (fought in Gulf War). Seems like the army is competing with Al Qaeda's training camps.
    Yeah ! whats up with our Gulf war vet's? ?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast