1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I wonder if Murdock will even get $100 million as he wants for Myspace, at this point hardly anyone uses it anymore.

See the link for the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

News Corp Has Finally Had It: Accepting Bids for Myspace
    By DAN ROWINSKI of ReadWriteWeb, April 27, 2011

News Corp Has Finally Had It - Accepting Bids for Myspace - NYTimes.com

The death knells of the first generation of social media platforms continue. A day after Friendster announced that it would be deleting photos and blog posts from its platform, reports surface that News Corp is selling off Myspace and is starting the bidding at $100 million.

News Corp bought the one-time social media titan in 2005 for $580 million and it has been bleeding money for several years. The move by News Corp to accept bids is akin to a sports franchise that tries to trade an underperforming player to get some nominal value before it has to just cut its losses and release him from the team.

According to Reuters some of the bids are likely to come from Chinese Internet holding company Tencent; Criterion Capital, which is the owner of social networking site Bebo; and Myspace co-founder Chris De Wolf, among others. Back in February we reported that social networking and gaming platform MocoSpace was interested in Myspace but it looks like not much came out of those talks.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Its sad. Myspace is better than Facebook.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Hi,

I never used Myspace and I can can count on one hand how much I used Facebook all year!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I think you're in the minority there. There is a reason Myspace failed. They shouldn't have, since they were there first, and they were successful too. But the format was just unbearable. Compared to Facebook, Myspace looks like it was put up by amateurs.

I think Myspace still has appeal for the younger crowd, since they get to plaster it with their themes and videos and crap other people don't care to see, but that's a large part of the reason they failed.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I also like myspace more than facebook. But people stopped using it so I was forced to switch over. It is sad.
    Those of you that liked Myspace more.. How old are you?
    Touchscreens are a fad.