Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Having a whole bunch of racists foaming at the mouth over people that are different from themselves is NOT civil war, or being close to one.

If that was the criterion, the American South would (still?) be trying to secede (again?) and not be content hanging confederate flags in the backs of their trucks.
    you forgot to mention that the flag was just under the gun rack on the truck!
  3.    #4  
    I suppose you don't mind that the owner of the store was being threatened by the "different" people, correct? One would be simply racist to feel sympathy for her, right? Power to all foreigners entering into a nation with little or no regard for learning the language, respecting its citizens, the culture, etc. Allow them sharia law within host countries, since it would be hickish or ignorant to actually stand up for that nation's heritage and values, huh?

The "let everybody in" approach has led to massive social problems within countries such as Denmark, France, Australia, and England.... not to mention the US. These countries regret the extreme liberal leaning as the influx has not led to coexistence and assimilation, but rather significant friction and growing unrest. Schools and hospitals are being overcrowded and we are bankrupting ourselves by taking in more than we can support. But whatever...peace, love and pseudointellectualism... pass the marijuana joint around.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I suppose you don't mind that the owner of the store was being threatened by the "different" people, correct? One would be simply racist to feel sympathy for her, right? Power to all foreigners entering into a nation with little or no regard for learning the language, respecting its citizens, the culture, etc. Allow them sharia law within host countries, since it would be hickish or ignorant to actually stand up for that nation's heritage and values, huh?

The "let everybody in" approach has led to massive social problems within countries such as Denmark, France, Australia, and England.... not to mention the US. These countries regret the extreme liberal leaning as the influx has not led to coexistence and assimilation, but rather significant friction and growing unrest. Schools and hospitals are being overcrowded and we are bankrupting ourselves by taking in more than we can support. But whatever...peace, love and pseudointellectualism... pass the marijuana joint around.
    You must be thrilled it'll be the 30's again soon.
    Hey, after you've let everyone come in to found the country and shipped everyone in to work the country, letting anyone in after that is what's really the cause of all these problems.

I love that everyone has to "assimilate", i.e. leave every trace of their own culture behind because it offends us to see you in your burka on the street.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I just wish more people would wear them!
    "No one group in this country is better than another. No one race or religion or sex or color is better than another. ... It's time we erased the last vestiges of intolerance, bigotry and unkindness from our hearts. Decency demands this and so does our history."

Ronald Reagan
    Sept 5, 1985

Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    "No one group in this country is better than another. No one race or religion or sex or color is better than another. ... It's time we erased the last vestiges of intolerance, bigotry and unkindness from our hearts. Decency demands this and so does our history."

Ronald Reagan
    Sept 5, 1985

Great quote... but what would he have said after radical's of some particular group attack within the country? There is a difference in tolerance and kindness, and blinding yourself to potential dangers. A country and people can be kind and tolerant, but yet vigil against dangers. But unfortunately, in today's climate people see any action in protecting your country and people as being "intolerant" or "bigoted". If you want tolerance, people have to realize there will be radicals within any group that will still need to be walled out for the protection of the people.

You simply cannot have the "all are welcome with no questions" attitude in a country. That's why there was an application process established long ago by various governments. It wasn't to make people 'conform', but as a filtering process to protect the country's citizens as a whole. The cry of "intolerance" has become way to common in the past few years. /2cents
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/28/2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: clarified
    You have got to be kidding me?
    You trying to tell me I'm about as good as an Aryan brother, a Muslim kamikaze, a Jewish settlement extremist or a Holocaust denying arm-stretcher?
    I'll be damned...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Great quote... but what would he have said after radical's of some particular group attack within the country?
    If you check your history you will find that Reagan made that statement only shortly (within a few years) after radical lebanese muslim suicide bombers killed 241 Americans and radical Iranian muslims had kept more than sixty Americans hostage for a year and a half.

Nonetheless, Reagan did not try to use the tragedies of his time as an opportunity to promote intolerance and hatred of Muslims, or any other religion/culture for that matter. Quite the opposite, despite these tragic events, he kept trying to promote tolerance and acceptance of other cultures and religions.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 04/28/2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: updated correct post instead of deleting and reposting after mine - From cellmatrix - thanks Newman for tidying up!
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    you forgot to mention that the flag was just under the gun rack on the truck!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Having a whole bunch of racists foaming at the mouth over people that are different from themselves is NOT civil war, or being close to one.

If that was the criterion, the American South would (still?) be trying to secede (again?) and not be content hanging confederate flags in the backs of their trucks.
    I assume you both know that you're contradictory in your thought process here and have consequently rendered any discussion from you moot...

Moreover, I can be "tolerant" and still voice outcry over radicalist behavior...
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    If you check your history you will find that Reagan made that statement only shortly (within a few years) after radical lebanese muslim suicide bombers killed 241 Americans and radical Iranian muslims had kept more than sixty Americans hostage for a year and a half.

No, Reagan did not try to use the tragedies of his time as an opportunity to promote intolerance and hatred of Muslims, or any other religion/culture for that matter. Quite the opposite, despite these tragic events, he kept trying to promote tolerance and acceptance of other cultures and religions.
    I realize that... I was more making reference to attacks within the US itself, not outside those borders.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You must be thrilled it'll be the 30's again soon.
    actually the 30's there was this thing called the Great Depression and then something called World War II.. I'm more content with Late 40's to mid 50's

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Think Europe dude...
    Wasn't that WWII thingy their???

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Wasn't that WWII thingy their???

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using a dumb app which inserts links
    No it was the time when Minnie and Mickey started being persecuted by Pete because there was so much social unrest and Daisy and Donald felt it was alright to blame it all on one group of people.

[more on topic]
    And after all, oppressing a large minority with fear and force is exactly what we need to scare off the extremely few militant extremists among them. Thank God militant extremists scare easily. Phew!
    No it was the time when Minnie and Mickey started being persecuted by Pete because there was so much social unrest and Daisy and Donald felt it was alright to blame it all on one group of people.

[more on topic]
    And after all, oppressing a large minority with fear and force is exactly what we need to scare off the extremely few militant extremists among them. Thank God militant extremists scare easily. Phew!
    Oh.. Ok.. So do nothing.. Sometimes you just gotta tie up that sleeping giant , how ever small he is, and then blow his brains out..

Ok, i'm french, and trust me, we are faaaaaaaar from civil war, or anything like it.

This video is made by a VERY bad journalist. He shoot an exemple, and make it sound like it was the general rule... And we can't hear well what she says in french, but i'm pretty sure it's not what the reporter says...

Terrible movie, complete desinformation.
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas92 View Post
    Ok, i'm french, and trust me, we are faaaaaaaar from civil war, or anything like it.

This video is made by a VERY bad journalist. He shoot an exemple, and make it sound like it was the general rule... And we can't hear well what she says in french, but i'm pretty sure it's not what the reporter says...

Terrible movie, complete desinformation.
    Of course. No one in his right mind would believe this.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Of course. No one in his right mind would believe this.
    I'm sure the OP didn't believe this either.

Apparently.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast