1.    #1  
    Hi all,

This one threw moe...I never expected it.

The link leads you to the entire article.

take care,

Jay

RIM Studies Bid for Nortel Wireless Patents: Report

By REUTERS,April 17, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Research In Motion may attempt to top Google Inc's $900 million bid for Nortel Networks Corp.'s wireless technology patents, according to a Bloomberg report citing two people familiar with the plans.

Nortel, which filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2009, was a pioneer in wired and wireless network technology and the assets include some 6,000 patents and patent applications for wireless, data and optical networking, voice, Internet, semiconductors and other technologies.

Google established itself as a "stalking horse" for a suite of its patents with a $900 million bid earlier this month.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Everyone is looking to stuff more patents in their portfolio to stave off litigation. Is it just me, or has patent litigation really accelerated in the past few years? Makes me wonder if there was a significant change in patent law recently. Anyway, it seems to have escalated to excessive levels.
    Touchscreens are a fad.