Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,
    For those of you who don't know, I'm disabled from multiple spinal surgeries, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis of both hands and spine....
    Hey Jay,

I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear. Someone very close to me is disabled because of spinal trauma as well. I can't say I understand what it's like, but I can sure relate. You're a fantastic person and we all truly appreciate you always keeping us abreast of the news.

Thank you very much for everything you do and congrats!

She's a very lucky lady.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey Jay,

I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear. Someone very close to me is disabled because of spinal trauma as well. I can't say I understand what it's like, but I can sure relate. You're a fantastic person and we all truly appreciate you always keeping us abreast of the news.

Thank you very much for everything you do and congrats!

She's a very lucky lady.
    Hi & thank you....I was lucky to survive the auto accident that did this to me, as well the 2 surgeries...I truly can say no regrets...I hand to move from NYC, in the same house I grew up in...but I met Amy and lots of friends...I also got to spend an extra 10 years with my Dad that I wouldn't have if I hadn't moved to Florida...and now a total and extra 17 years with my Mom...

When it all happened, I felt as if my life was over...yet it wasn't..you pick up the pieces and survive and eventually you thrive...I still miss Broadway, Lincoln center, Zabar's, the museums and friends...but I can go back an visit...

I am who I am b/c of everything that happened to me...I look at as it made me more unique which is great...I was given the change to restart my life and I'm so very glad it I did.

Take care all of you and thank you for all of the well wishes.

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Congratularions, Jay!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Hi,

only if you want to pay for it....LOL.

Thanks take care,

Jay
    Lol if we all came to it yu would have a room full of freaks xD
    Hi & thank you....I was lucky to survive the auto accident that did this to me, as well the 2 surgeries...I truly can say no regrets...I hand to move from NYC, in the same house I grew up in...but I met Amy and lots of friends...I also got to spend an extra 10 years with my Dad that I wouldn't have if I hadn't moved to Florida...and now a total and extra 17 years with my Mom...

When it all happened, I felt as if my life was over...yet it wasn't..you pick up the pieces and survive and eventually you thrive...I still miss Broadway, Lincoln center, Zabar's, the museums and friends...but I can go back an visit...

I am who I am b/c of everything that happened to me...I look at as it made me more unique which is great...I was given the change to restart my life and I'm so very glad it I did.

Take care all of you and thank you for all of the well wishes.

Jay
    That's really touching man. I'm spechless.
    Congratulations Jay!
    hey Ray,

we still haven't heard your story about the proposal. Details, you romatic dude!
  8.    #28  
    Hi, Thank you all,

Originally I wanted to propose to Amy on the Anniversary of when we met where we first met.

We met 5 years ago, on April 16th @ a restaurant @ The Disney Boardwalk.

However, It became a little unworkable to do so @ Disney.

This b/c 2 1/4 years ago my Mom who lives with me @ my house, had a stroke & 2 heart attacks. less than 2 weeks ago, she also had developed a badder infection that spread to her kidneys less, which made the 4 time the told me she might not make it in 2 1/4 years.

This time she had a rapid heartbeat, they twice had to use the defibulator on her.

I am her sole care giver and have been so all of this time, without a day off all this time, (I also was care giver for my dad 7 1/2 years ago when my wonderful dad developed cancer and then died 7 years later).

Disney is approx 1 hour from here each way, plus time for us to actually eat and drive back here. (Amy lives an hour from Disney as well but in a different direction).

I asked 2 friends of ours to watch my Mom, (Mom is crazy about these friends so I knew she was in good hands), for a few hours, which is the first time I have left her in just over 2 years...we went to an early dinner @ a local development, that has 2 golf courses, (as does my development), but unlike my development has 3 restaurants, (we have one), a hotel & a full spa. The place is called Mission Inn and it is on the PGA tour so it's quite something, (the houses in the latest section being sold now have servants quarters, (very unlike my house, LOL).

Amy was shocked that my Mom wasn't there but still didn't realize why. I wrapped the wring up in a box, within a box within a box. (It's a long story but Amy actually had to be out of town on our Anniversary of meeting which was Saturday, that is why I proposed on Friday)!

In my old life, before I was disabled due to 2 spinal surgeries, we designed installed interior landscaping on cruise ships, office builds and houses. This also included professionally installed Christmas decorations. I used my gift wrapping and Christmas decoration talent to make the boxes very elaborate it took her almost a half an hour to reach the inner box. Once she got to the inner box, I then proposed. By that time everyone in the restaurant was interested and watching. They all clapped when I proposed and gave her the ring.

(Mom knew about a head of time and of course saw the ring....when Amy & I got back to the house my Mom said, "thank G-D I lived to see this day"! After all I am 55 and have never been married! So her mind is till sharp as a tack.

Take care & take it easy,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi, Thank you all,

Originally I wanted to propose to Amy on the Anniversary of when we met where we first met.

We met 5 years ago, on April 16th @ a restaurant @ The Disney Boardwalk.

However, It became a little unworkable to do so @ Disney.

This b/c 2 1/4 years ago my Mom who lives with me @ my house, had a stroke & 2 heart attacks. less than 2 weeks ago, she also had developed a badder infection that spread to her kidneys less, which made the 4 time the told me she might not make it in 2 1/4 years.

This time she had a rapid heartbeat, they twice had to use the defibulator on her.

I am her sole care giver and have been so all of this time, without a day off all this time, (I also was care giver for my dad 7 1/2 years ago when my wonderful dad developed cancer and then died 7 years later).

Disney is approx 1 hour from here each way, plus time for us to actually eat and drive back here. (Amy lives an hour from Disney as well but in a different direction).

I asked 2 friends of ours to watch my Mom, (Mom is crazy about these friends so I knew she was in good hands), for a few hours, which is the first time I have left her in just over 2 years...we went to an early dinner @ a local development, that has 2 golf courses, (as does my development), but unlike my development has 3 restaurants, (we have one), a hotel & a full spa. The place is called Mission Inn and it is on the PGA tour so it's quite something, (the houses in the latest section being sold now have servants quarters, (very unlike my house, LOL).

Amy was shocked that my Mom wasn't there but still didn't realize why. I wrapped the wring up in a box, within a box within a box. (It's a long story but Amy actually had to be out of town on our Anniversary of meeting which was Saturday, that is why I proposed on Friday)!

In my old life, before I was disabled due to 2 spinal surgeries, we designed installed interior landscaping on cruise ships, office builds and houses. This also included professionally installed Christmas decorations. I used my gift wrapping and Christmas decoration talent to make the boxes very elaborate it took her almost a half an hour to reach the inner box. Once she got to the inner box, I then proposed. By that time everyone in the restaurant was interested and watching. They all clapped when I proposed and gave her the ring.

(Mom knew about a head of time and of course saw the ring....when Amy & I got back to the house my Mom said, "thank G-D I lived to see this day"! After all I am 55 and have never been married! So her mind is till sharp as a tack.

Take care & take it easy,

Jay
    Posts like this make my day.

Congrats!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Posts like this make my day.

Congrats!
    Hi & thank you and trust me the entire engagement issue has made my day & Amy's as well!

Take care,

Jay
    Wow. You proposed at Mission Inn?!?! That's FANTASTIC!

I used to go to UCR nearby, and I've spent many a nights at Mission Inn... exploring... not in the rooms... haha.

It's a BEAUTIFUL place. I was honestly thinking (at the time) that this would be a FANTASTIC place to propose at. VERY nice choice.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Wow. You proposed at Mission Inn?!?! That's FANTASTIC!

I used to go to UCR nearby, and I've spent many a nights at Mission Inn... exploring... not in the rooms... haha.

It's a BEAUTIFUL place. I was honestly thinking (at the time) that this would be a FANTASTIC place to propose at. VERY nice choice.
    Hi & Thank you, I love the place, I live just outside of incorporated Leesburg, just south of Leesburg, therefore I doubt Mission Inn is more than 10 miles from my house.

The place is amazing, they just added a full service SPA to the hotel, gym, 3 restaurants and golf courses. I don't play golf, but I know at least one of the courses is on the PGA tour, my friends that play golf love the place.

However, it is a bit out my financial league to live there! I have always be dumbstruck to how empty the golf courses are. However, I understand that there are a lot of part time residents and I don't mean snow birds.

Mission Inn itself has told me, many of the townhouses and houses are owned by corporations, who then use them for visitors and employees for a quick and relaxing get away!

Take care and thank you for the well wishes,

Jay
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12