Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is. Amazing.
    Meh.. too many plug-ins not ready for it for me to use it yet. I installed it, but there is no plug-in for Logmein and a few other items I need, so I had to uninstall. Be interesting to see where it scores on tests like Acid3 compared to Chrome.
    Does No-Script and Better privacy work?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Yes, NoScript, AdBlock+, BetterPrivacy, Download Statusbar, FireFTP, TabMixPlus, and WOT all work. I've noticed it seems to be a resource hog still and some of the features won't work with older graphics drivers. Load time is quicker but still slower than competitors.
    Which features won't work? I have an old laptop by today's standards, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Mostly hardware acceleration, but what gets blocked is different for different systems:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklistin...aphics_Drivers
    But will I be able to post a live link in a hotmail email? Even with plugins, hotmail and firefox have never played well together.
    Hi Beverly,

Yes you can,but you still must do it by clicking on the Hyperlink icon:
    Thanks, Bob. I never saw the icon.
    Have you guys played with the new IE9 in comparison to FF4?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    IE9 is not available for XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    IE9 is not available for XP.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    To be honest, XP really is an old OS. Should MSFT really keep supporting it forever?

I like IE9 better than FF4. It seems faster to me.

edit.. Just did the acid3 tests:

IE9 95/100

FF4 97/100
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 03/26/2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To be honest, XP really is an old OS. Should MSFT really keep supporting it forever?
    It may be an old OS but it still has over 40% of all internet market share and probably much more than that when including corporate machines that don't have access to the internet. It's also the only viable OS that runs a whole host of industry software. If this is Microsoft's little way of nudging people from XP into 7, they might be surprised how many people are going to be nudged away from Windows altogether.
    Meh. FF4 doesn't appear to be any different from FF3 speedwise. What's the big freakin' deal?

The search pulldown is not functioning properly in Google toolbar with FF4. I've heard from a lot of other people who have this problem...nothing happening when you select from automatic search options from the search pulldown as you type.
    It may be an old OS but it still has over 40% of all internet market share and probably much more than that when including corporate machines that don't have access to the internet. It's also the only viable OS that runs a whole host of industry software. If this is Microsoft's little way of nudging people from XP into 7, they might be surprised how many people are going to be nudged away from Windows altogether.
    It's almost 10 years old. Apple doesn't seem to support old OS either, BTW. Every time you look, their products often require a later version of OSX. So if people plan on moving, they may face almost the same thing. Not to mention, quite expensive hardware. You can still get W7 equipment lots cheaper.

It's not MSFT's fault IT can't keep up with the latest OS. JMO, no offense meant. But there comes a time when you really need to update or get stuck in the past.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's almost 10 years old. Apple doesn't seem to support old OS either, BTW. Every time you look, their products often require a later version of OSX. So if people plan on moving, they may face almost the same thing. Not to mention, quite expensive hardware. You can still get W7 equipment lots cheaper.

It's not MSFT's fault IT can't keep up with the latest OS. JMO, no offense meant. But there comes a time when you really need to update or get stuck in the past.
    Well, if you're talking about a medium sized hospital, for example, that's already got financial problems and has hundreds of XP machines, that's easier said that done. Also, it's not just a matter of budgets or IT, many times the software vendors aren't keeping their programs up to date and in most organizations, there are multiple proprietary software running on the same machines. So, there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle and it's unfortunately not a fast moving process.

That said, not being able to use IE9 isn't going to kill these orgs as long as security issues are patched for previous IE versions. That should hopefully be the case for a good long while.
    IE6 support is being dropped, so if anything XP users must upgrade to 7 or 8. 8 is still new enough to support.

Well, if you're talking about a medium sized hospital, for example, that's already got financial problems and has hundreds of XP machines, that's easier said that done. Also, it's not just a matter of budgets or IT, many times the software vendors aren't keeping their programs up to date and in most organizations, there are multiple proprietary software running on the same machines. So, there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle and it's unfortunately not a fast moving process.

That said, not being able to use IE9 isn't going to kill these orgs as long as security issues are patched for previous IE versions. That should hopefully be the case for a good long while.
    Exactly. Our IT guys support over 400 machines in multiple sites. Switching to 7 would be a massive issue with compatibility. They are beginning to talk about it, but the variability in individual software needs would be a total PITA. Every machine bought in our hospital still comes with XP and there are lots of other enterprise users that haven't switched and won't unless they are forced.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast