Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And what are enterprise people going to do when Windows 8 is released? Stay on the same old OS? You likely won't be getting anymore support from MSFT, and XP will be vulnerable.

It may be released a bit sooner than I thought, yikes! 2011 or 2012. Yep, XP users are so yesterday it isn't even funny.

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/wi...oems-20110330/
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/30/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Still kind of runs like crap on Linux. But not bad enough that if ChromedBird and Neato! extensions were on Firefox, I would switch back from Chrome. The history and location bar in Chrome are just terrible.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #23  
    FF4 is faster than IE9 on my netbook. And all the addons I use are currently supported xD.
  4.    #24  
    Chrome and I dislike each other. We fight alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And what are enterprise people going to do when Windows 8 is released? Stay on the same old OS? You likely won't be getting anymore support from MSFT, and XP will be vulnerable.

It may be released a bit sooner than I thought, yikes! 2011 or 2012. Yep, XP users are so yesterday it isn't even funny.
    That's really why VDI is becoming a hot topic in the circles that would possibly stay with XP. Most sites where XP is still a requirement are also the sites that nail down the edge with hardware/software filtering. If your business is dependent on a certain app that isn't changed by the whims of Microsoft, then you do what you have to in order to keep it running. They aren't trying to be funny or new.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12