1.    #1  
    I know this probably isn't the best place to put this, so move it if necessary. I just wanted to bring it up, since it's a little reminiscent of webOS 2.x

So I just downloaded the Opera 11.10 "Barracuda" beta, and when I attempted to move a tab over with a quick swipe, like I usually do, I saw that the one I skipped over disappeared! I also noticed a little dark area with an arrow next to it.

Confused, I clicked on it, and lo and behold, there was my tab, grouped with the other one, just like I'd "stack" cards in webOS!

Well, I just wanted to bring this up. See 'ya!
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    It actually first showed up in 11.00 I believe.

Interestingly, at one point the developers were toying with the idea of auto-stacking. In some of the development snapshots whenever you clicked on a link which opened a new window (or if you chose to open a new window by middle clicking), the tab would open stacked with the parent tab.

Towards the end of development, they changed the behaviour to manual stacking only, which is how it's been ever since.
    This probably should be in off topic. But I noticed that in opera 11. Don't know how useful it is as I promptly went back to 10.63 because they took away the ability to expand and contract items in the panels with back and forward mouse gestures.

I just don't get what these designers are thinking, they make some advances and remove some of the best features. Palm takes away the minicards, opera takes away some gesture functionality and I heard Josh at engadget saying the new skype sucks and he is going back to the previous version.

Do I want stacks? Yes. Do I want stacks at the expesnse of minicards? NO
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    It actually first showed up in 11.00 I believe.

Interestingly, at one point the developers were toying with the idea of auto-stacking. In some of the development snapshots whenever you clicked on a link which opened a new window (or if you chose to open a new window by middle clicking), the tab would open stacked with the parent tab.

Towards the end of development, they changed the behaviour to manual stacking only, which is how it's been ever since.
    Exactly. Opera is the best browser. The only down side is it is not fully supported.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I've played around with it but I don't see the real usefulness. It's not like you can't have different sites open in different tabs already and you could already preview the tabs by hovering over them. webOS cards, on the other hand, genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I've played around with it but I don't see the real usefulness. It's not like you can't have different sites open in different tabs already and you could already preview the tabs by hovering over them. webOS cards, on the other hand, genius!
    Uhm, can't you? If I understand this correctly, if you stack two sites, and hover over the tab, you see miniature previews of both sites.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Uhm, can't you? If I understand this correctly, if you stack two sites, and hover over the tab, you see miniature previews of both sites.
    Yes, that's what mean. You can already see previews by hovering over the tabs so I don't see the particular usefulness in stacking miniature tab cards. Unless it worked like Exposť in OSX which I don't think it does.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Opera drives me crazy. It's the best web browser by design, but ever since 10.5X it's been incredibly unstable on Mac OS X (it works fine on Windows). Personally, I don't have much use for tab stacking (I rather see all of my tabs at once, using multiple windows if necessary). However, Opera is loaded with nifty features that make it worth checking out.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    appledotcom doesn't even work in opera
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Opera is a great browser. It's fast, renders quickly, and had lots of features... if the website is developed exactly correctly. If not, the site won't display correctly and Opera developers refuse to accommodate for sloppy design. At least thats what they call it when sites don't display properly. So Opera is the best browser for a perfect world.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I've never had too bad of a problem with page incompatibility using Opera, but it's been especially rare recently (as WebKit and Gecko gained popularity and people stopped caring so much about Trident).

There is a "Report a Site Problem" option under the help menu.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
  12.    #12  
    I love how I stop caring about this thread for a few days, and it just derails C:

Anyways, I used to be a hardcore GChrome user, but then I decided to give Opera another chance because I needed something a little more lightweight (or what I figured would be more lightweight). It turns out, what I needed even more than tab stacking and anything else, was gestures.

Gestures have completely changed the way I use the internet, and even on non-Opera browsers, I constantly find myself "down"ing for a new tab, "down-right"ing to close a tab and "down-up"ping a link to open it in a background tab. It's just so handy.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.