Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How much did it end up running and did you get it locally or web?
    No idea how much they run here - was just wondering compared to a similar spec'ed PC. Enjoy the new computer!
    I have a PC and I can use OSX on it and windows. I will not pay that much for a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Let me know if you know any.
    Thanks
    If you can afford it, do it. But get 8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD drive for best results. That's what I use for development, running Linux and Windows virtual machines as required.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you can afford it, do it. But get 8GB RAM and a 512GB SSD drive for best results. That's what I use for development, running Linux and Windows virtual machines as required.

-- Rod
    Are you using Windows 7 64-bit in Parallels?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Are you using Windows 7 64-bit in Parallels?
    No, XP 32-bit in Fusion or VirtualBox.

-- Rod
    looks like the macbook air refresh is happening in June.

good news!
    Been wanting the 17" i7 macbook Pro with 8GB RAM and 500gb7200rpm HD with the intent to use exactly has Rod is using his. Just having an issue of getting over paying 35% more.

They do have better battery life with not having a bloated OS and don't feel like a heating element.....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I decided my reason for not getting a macbook pro would be the fact I intend to work less during holidays
    I hear that. That would have been a nice, fancy, expensive leash!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    How long does it take to learn the current OSX platform and get comfortable with it? I tried years ago, but Windows was just so much more familiar. I never really felt comfortable on OSX. Plus at the time, many developers ignored Mac. That's certainly not true anymore. But I still need to take the learning curve into effect.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #31  
    It still looks like Apple's stuck in the 80's.
    (look, tomatoes!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12