1.    #1  
    I was istening to NPR this morning when the topic turned to Hurricane Lily and her impending arrival west of New Orleans. The NPR host, Bob Edwards, mentioned Houma, LA. which I suddenly remembered is the home of one of our very active members, Toby.

So, to all of our fellow members in the path ofLily and future 'canes, good luck and I guess we might not hear from ya for a few days! If you like to surf, now's the time!

Seriously, hope eveything is OK, Lily sounds pretty nasty!
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Originally posted by maddog
    I was istening to NPR this morning when the topic turned to Hurricane Lily and her impending arrival west of New Orleans. The NPR host, Bob Edwards, mentioned Houma, LA. which I suddenly remembered is the home of one of our very active members, Toby.
    On All Things Considered they interviewed someone preparing for Isidore last week. They interviewed him again this week for Lilly. Talk about wishing not to be famous.
    Originally posted by maddog

So, to all of our fellow members in the path ofLily and future 'canes, good luck and I guess we might not hear from ya for a few days! If you like to surf, now's the time!

Seriously, hope eveything is OK, Lily sounds pretty nasty!
    Thanks for the thoughts. Two storms in three weeks wasn't fun. I left all of my boards up from Isidore, though, so Lily didn't require any prep. AAMOF, I wasn't even in the state last week. I was in Orlando at some Cisco training. Where we live is fairly high, though, so we mostly had lots of wind. My mom went stay with my wife and daughter since I was out of town and my dad had to be at work. They lost power for about 8-10 hours, but that was about it. The southern part of the parish had it bad, though. The biggest issue was that much of the flooding from Isidore hadn't fully subsided yet.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...