View Poll Results: Republican or Democrat?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

30 38.96%
  • Democrat

32 41.56%
  • Other

15 19.48%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    The technology boom that we were fortunate enough to experience under Clinton
    Isn't it more correctly Clinton was fortunate enough to benefit from the .com craze? To credit him for this is like blaming Carter for the woes of the '70's.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Wait, nevermind, I forgot, Al Gore invented the internet...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Isn't it more correctly Clinton was fortunate enough to benefit from the .com craze? To credit him for this is like blaming Carter for the woes of the '70's.
    Actually this is an excellent point. It is a common falsely held notion that the President has significant impact on the economy.

Most would agree economic swings take too much time to assess success or failure today based on what a President's administration or the Government as a whole is doing to impact the economy today - there is no direct correlation in that short a period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Actually this is an excellent point. It is a common falsely held notion that the President has significant impact on the economy.

Most would agree economic swings take too much time to assess success or failure today based on what a President's administration or the Government as a whole is doing to impact the economy today - there is no direct correlation in that short a period of time.
    Exactly. The President gets far too much short term credit or blame for the economy. He has very little control over it. Which is why, historically, the great Presidents aren't noted for great economies.

I agree completely. who was crediting Clinton with anything?
    That graph is pretty depressing

I agree completely. who was crediting Clinton with anything?
    Your line:

The technology boom that we were fortunate enough to experience under Clinton
    could be taken as it being due to Clinton.

That may be true but in the same breath, the .com craze wasnt the only thing that helped the economy...tax policies, overseas investments, small business loans for startups, etc.

An argument could be made that the President has very little control over the economy. He proposes a budget as does the Congress...compromises are made and the bills get paid.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Your line:

could be taken as it being due to Clinton.
    I meant we were ALL fortunate to experience it, especially Clinton!
    I meant we were ALL fortunate to experience it, especially Clinton!
    Ain't that the truth!

11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Devaluation as compared to? And over what time frame? Seems to me against the Euro we've seem significant improvement?
    Recently yes we have stabilized a bit but we will have to wait and see how it plays out. The time frame I referring to is the past 5 years. Compared to the euro and the amount of debt held by foreign countries (i.e. China and Japan).
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    That graph is pretty depressing
    Isn't it!
    republican, but against the war in iraq.
    Don't really being called either because both parties are to liberal for me.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345