1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have an MSN email account and I've been getting a spam email sent blindly to everyone in my address book. It's happened twice now in about two months time. I've noticed that when it happens my home computer has been off. Could this be happening from my Palm Pre+ on Verizon?

I've scanned my home home computer with a virus scanner and ran Malwarebytes and both come up clean.

I'd sure like to get this solved, but it is nice hearing from folks I haven't heard from in years complaining! :-)

Thanks for the help.
    Curtis
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudyifr View Post
    Hello,

I have an MSN email account and I've been getting a spam email sent blindly to everyone in my address book. It's happened twice now in about two months time. I've noticed that when it happens my home computer has been off. Could this be happening from my Palm Pre+ on Verizon?

I've scanned my home home computer with a virus scanner and ran Malwarebytes and both come up clean.

I'd sure like to get this solved, but it is nice hearing from folks I haven't heard from in years complaining! :-)

Thanks for the help.
    Curtis
    The internet doesn't need your computer on itsthere even though you are not.

Unless you use outlook on your comp than it's not likely that you have caught anything.

This is most likely nothing to do with your pre but I would chat with palm support if you want to confirm.

More likely is that your hotmail account got hijacked

http://gillmoorephotography.co.uk/bl...pening-to-you/

http://www.thatdanny.com/2009/04/18/...mail-accounts/

Change your password to something longer than your bday or whatnot

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, easy enough to change the password.

Curtis
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Don't link your MSN account to any social networking sites, such as Facebook. I know of several people who have had their MSN accounts hijacked numerous times through security exploits on social networking sites.....
    Sent from my Etch-a-Sketch.

#staycoolmybabies
    The repeated success at hijacking hotmail accounts is what made me stop using my email there, many years ago.

I switched to gmail, when it was in beta and have never had it happen since.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I had my pre send stuff through my aol account.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums