1.    #1  
    We all know that obama and the democrats aren't going to make serious cuts, but now I wonder if the Republicans will actually have the balls to do it as well. The problem is that to make tough decisions, like making changes to Social Security and Medicare, you are almost guaranteed not getting re-elected. Since I'm for term limits, this normally wouldn't bother me, but if Republicans get booted out for making unpopular changes, then the democrats are back in charge and the spending spree continues. The only way to get anyone up there to do the right thing, is to get term limits in place. With term limits, folks will hopefully go to Washington to get this country back on it's feet, rather than just be concerned with getting re-elected and running the country into the ground.

I don't know if obama listens to what he says. He says we have to get serious, and we must stop spending more than we bring in, and then he does the complete opposite. A reporter actually challenged obama yesterday regarding obama's statement about no more deficit by 2017. Obama's own budget report on page 171 actually contradicts what obama was saying! How can we believe anything that comes out of obama's mouth? Of course, everyone wants to cut things related to other people, but don't cut something that will "touch" their piece of the pie. Well, we just have to realize that we don't have the money to spend and everyone must sacrifice. I'm 48, and I really didn't expect to see Social Security anyway, but why don't we just say that anyone under the age of 55 will have to wait until age 72 to get benefits? If you are 55 or older now, nothing changes. This is just one example, but we must start NOW. This idea that we can't do it now, we'll start next year, and then next year, and then next year....well....next year will never get here until our wasteful spending can't be fixed. Wake up AMERICA!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    America, screwing younger generations since 1776.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Actually, America is waking up... that's not the problem.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    America, screwing younger generations since 1776.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If we don't get this under control, the younger generation will have tax rates that we would riot over today. Taking actions today will require a sacrifice from everyone. And by sacrifice, I don't mean raise everyone's taxes today and keep spending.....I mean reducing expenses.....STOP SPENDING WHAT WE DON'T HAVE!!!!!

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    you have to look at what the Repubs are looking at, ya they wanna cut cut cut, but not the sacred cow, MILITARY. If you are going to cut, do it right across the board. Get the hell out of Iraq, get the hell out of Afghanistan.
    One it will do you a world of good on the international stage, and even more so at home. Lets face it, people are tired of GI Joe and GI Jane coming home in a box.
    While I support my country's troops in the far east, I think they should come home now. No more bloody people, as in my friends and neighbors dieing in some far off land for a wet dream. The same applies to every other nation in those hot spots.

You write about what the future our children will inherit, I worry that our children will end up being drawn into that quagmire of a mess over there and dieing. No future there folks none what so ever.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Agreed. Me myself tho I'm a poor college student. I can't afford much more cuts to schools >.<
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    you have to look at what the Repubs are looking at, ya they wanna cut cut cut, but not the sacred cow, MILITARY. If you are going to cut, do it right across the board. Get the hell out of Iraq, get the hell out of Afghanistan.
    One it will do you a world of good on the international stage, and even more so at home. Lets face it, people are tired of GI Joe and GI Jane coming home in a box.
    While I support my country's troops in the far east, I think they should come home now. No more bloody people, as in my friends and neighbors dieing in some far off land for a wet dream. The same applies to every other nation in those hot spots.

You write about what the future our children will inherit, I worry that our children will end up being drawn into that quagmire of a mess over there and dieing. No future there folks none what so ever.
    This is scary X, I actually agree with you for the most part. There are soooooooooo many bases world wide we should just shut down....and I honestly wouldn't mind getting our troops in the Middle East home. I won't bore you with why I think it has been some what helpful to us here in the US of A, but I think at this point let's just get the home. I tend to be on the side of isolationism, unless, there is a real need. I'm tired of being the country (or at least one of them) that comes to the rescue (usually wanted at that time) during times of disasters and upheaval, and then being spat upon to get the heck out when we've unloaded supplies and money upon them. I am sick and tired of our money going to others around the world while we have too many problems here. So yes, I am all for cutting the military as well...but...I do believe we must maintain our strength as we can't be caught off guard either. It's a fine line....but I think we can do it. Charleston lost it's Naval base about 15 years ago and everyone around here thought we were going to die....but we brought in other businesses with the biggest being Boeing just recently. And by the way, that is the Boeing division building their Dreamliner, not military planes.

Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    This is scary X, I actually agree with you for the most part. There are soooooooooo many bases world wide we should just shut down....and I honestly wouldn't mind getting our troops in the Middle East home. I won't bore you with why I think it has been some what helpful to us here in the US of A, but I think at this point let's just get the home. I tend to be on the side of isolationism, unless, there is a real need. I'm tired of being the country (or at least one of them) that comes to the rescue (usually wanted at that time) during times of disasters and upheaval, and then being spat upon to get the heck out when we've unloaded supplies and money upon them. I am sick and tired of our money going to others around the world while we have too many problems here. So yes, I am all for cutting the military as well...but...I do believe we must maintain our strength as we can't be caught off guard either. It's a fine line....but I think we can do it. Charleston lost it's Naval base about 15 years ago and everyone around here thought we were going to die....but we brought in other businesses with the biggest being Boeing just recently. And by the way, that is the Boeing division building their Dreamliner, not military planes.
    lol agreeing with me ..lol be afraid be veryyyyy afraid lol.. personally I dont think cutting should mean loosing strength. Cut wisely, here in Canada we just cut, with no thought to what it means in the next five minutes. I personally think we here in Canada need to spend far more on the military. Or at least spend it wisely. We have some top of the line equipment, and some damn good people in the military. Do we have the population to support a larger army, probably not. In pure numbers, we are as large as your army airforce etc.. A well trained, well armed company can do one hell of a lot of damage. The problem here is what to buy what to buy.. The one thing that does bother me though, if your ours arms builders cant sell the products to say Canada, they will with out a 2nd thought sell it to some one else, usually someone we shouldnt be selling too. That in my mind is worse than just cutting willy nilly..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Agreed. Me myself tho I'm a poor college student. I can't afford much more cuts to schools >.<
    Well....keep in mind that the Federal government shouldn't be funding education anyway. That is not a specific power granted under the Constitution. Education should be a state and locally funded thing. So if the Federal government were to get out of education completely, it wouldn't bother me. Start raising heck with your state and local government! Again, we (the Federal Government) simply don't have the money....nothing personal.

Gov Christie of NJ....wow....that is one candidate I hope the Republicans can convince to run in 2012. The dude tells it like it is. As he said yesterday, he mentioned raising the age of when you can receive Social Security as one option, and "look, I didn't vaporize". Go ahead Governor!