View Poll Results: Which TV should I get?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • LG 60" Plasma

2 22.22%
  • Vizio 55" LCD-LED 480hz

4 44.44%
  • Other

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, admittedly this has nothing to do with smartphones. I'm looking to upgrade my TV and I'm pretty nervous about screwing this up. I consider myself an above-average techie when it comes to electronics and home theater is one of my major enjoyments in life (of which I have none, I admit). I love my sports and I love action movies and I love them even more when they're loud and BEAUTIFUL!

So help me decide whether to go with the 60" LG plasma 60PK540 or the Vizio 55" 3D LCD-LED Backlit XVT3D554SV
    with 480Hz refresh rate. They're both available at Costco but the Vizio is $700 more...which I don't mind if it plays as well as the plasma 'cuz it does have a lot of internet capabilities with built-in wifi. Tough decision.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Just got the exact same vizio one from samsclub myself. Love it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    For live action and less energy consumption, I'd take the Vizio.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I have. A new toshiba, my father in law has a newer vizio. He wishes he had mine. Mine has many more picture ajustment options. No matter how he tries he can not get the picture on his vizio to look as great as the toshiba.

Evo-lution
    does he have an LED LCD vizio tho
    He has a lcd, as do i,, he has37 inch and I have a 55.

Evo-lution
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Panasonic Viero. Any of them. The people I work with that make a lot more money than me swear by them. I thought they'd be prohibitively expensive because of that, but they were only slightly more expensive than the LEDs. Haven't met an LCD that can match mine yet, but then again, I haven't shopped for a TV in a couple of years.
    LED LCD is different than a plain LCD lol

Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Panasonic Viero. Any of them. The people I work with that make a lot more money than me swear by them. I thought they'd be prohibitively expensive because of that, but they were only slightly more expensive than the LEDs. Haven't met an LCD that can match mine yet, but then again, I haven't shopped for a TV in a couple of years.
    What did it cost you?

Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    He has a lcd, as do i,, he has37 inch and I have a 55.

Evo-lution
    I was thinking plasma versus lcd led though. But you're right. I've heard that Vizio is lacking with some controls that other brands offer. It really comes down to specific models though, I think.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I was thinking plasma versus lcd led though. But you're right. I've heard that Vizio is lacking with some controls that other brands offer. It really comes down to specific models though, I think.
    Research them online I guess?? You could also always beg to play with the floor models.

Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    What did it cost you?

First, sorry, I did mean LED, who made this QWERTY keyboard design up anyhow?

I actually lucked up on a bundled deal with Amazon where I got the TV (TH-50PZ85U) and a blu-ray player (can't remember the model) for $1400 shipped. I then sold the blu-ray player for $250 to supplement buying a used 60GB PS3 with the EmotionEngine chip so I could play my old PS1/2 games. I wish I would not have been so cheap and spent the extra $150 on the TH-50PZ850U and I would have had the VieraCast (internet) built in. Hopefully the PS3 will get more native apps built in, although the fact I can get a lot of them through the web browser is ok.
    Go to Best Buy and stand back about 25 to 30 feet from the tv's. Look at all the tv's and see which one looks the best to you. (It's really a matter of personal preference,take your time you have to live with it) Walk up to the one that looks the best to you. Then it's a matter of pricing. In my research I liked the LED LCD the best. I found Mitsubishi the best, next Sharp Aquos,then Samsung for picture quality. I ended up with Sharp. Happy shopping.
    Last edited by lazslo11; 02/16/2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    To quote all uninformed Americans "The bigger the better"
    THINK BIG

Evo-lution
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Go to Best Buy and stand back about 25 to 30 feet from the tv's. Look at all the tv's and see which one looks the best to you. (It's really a matter of personal preference,take your time you have to live with it) Walk up to the one that looks the best to you. Then it's a matter of pricing. In my research I liked the LED LCD the best. I found Mitsubishi the best, next Sharp Aquos,then Samsung for picture quality. I ended up with Sharp. Happy shopping.
    I've read BB sometimes fools around to make some TVs look better than others, depending on what's for sale. Be careful. I would ask to test the controls myself to see what's going on. It also has to sound good, unless you're hooking it up to your home system.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Not so much test the controls, but see how many options you have for Controls. How much you can do to the picture to fine tune to your liking.
    Evo-lution
    I love my new Panasonic.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Get a black one.
    dude get a sony bravia with 240 refresh rate. It will own any tv out there. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Sony FTW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast