Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been reading the specs on the Pre3 (also the 2). Looking at Palm's website, there is no indication that these devices have the app that lets you punch in some numbers and then maybe have a conversation with another person. I think it's called a "phone." I'd like to know if the Pre3 will work as a "phone," and if so what features that app would have. Like maybe you could speak the name of the person you want and it would connect you - I think this is called "voicedial." I had it on every phone I ever had before the Pre Plus, and Palm told me I would get it on the Pre Plus, but now I'm not sure whether the new devices will even be "phones" at all.

I honestly have been trying to find information about that with no success. I even called Palm and asked them, and all they could say is "it's a phone, so of course it's a phone." But whether it has voice dial, how many speed dial numbers it will take, etc. is not available, and those are important to me. I find it surprising that in its tech specs HP doesn't provide any indication of phone feature at all. How can we find out what the phone will do if they don't even describe that as a feature?

Does anyone know about this?
    Last edited by esmanmar; 02/14/2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: return to original thread
    You be trollin'!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I don't know I can't find the phone app in the specs anywhere!
    LOL - I think that 2.x includes voice dial as a core feature so you might try looking at the OS for core features like phone.
    HPalm has promised the "phone" feature as a 2.5 update, maybe after summer. Rumour has it that webos multi tasking will allow you to talk with multiple people at the same time.
    We dont have the API, yet. But HP said it will be available to all phones in the comming weeks. Even the older devices should get an update.
  7.    #7  
    ah, but that begs the question: is the Pre3 going to work as a "phone?" HP hasn't said.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    HPalm has promised the "phone" feature as a 2.5 update, maybe after summer. Rumour has it that webos multi tasking will allow you to talk with multiple people at the same time.
    Yep, HP has said you can talk to multiple people, only not @ the same time.

For that they are developing a new app called "The Corner Bar"....
    in Beta testing HP found it works best on friday and saturday nite and you don't need a phone...

App will have a same sex and opposite sex version. A discovered bug is that it works very poorly after 3.00 am
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    We dont have the API, yet. But HP said it will be available to all phones in the comming weeks. Even the older devices should get an update.
    I can't tell if you are joking, are you talking about voice dialing or the "phone app"? I haven't heard anything new about legacy phones not getting any more updates.
    Does this need to move to OT Forum?
    **Moved thread to proper forum**
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    What's a phone?
    This is the new Phone forum.

The new hardware forums are the new OT.
    Time to conquer new worlds young DaBaDan...
    lol
    What? You mean I'm supposed to want phone features and talk on the thing?

For what purpose?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I can't tell if you are joking, are you talking about voice dialing or the "phone app"? I haven't heard anything new about legacy phones not getting any more updates.
    Unfortunately the sarcasm filter seems to be malfunctioning. He is definitely joking and now that it's in the OT area, the humor will get even more twisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Unfortunately the sarcasm filter seems to be malfunctioning. He is definitely joking and now that it's in the OT area, the humor will get even more twisted.
    We are professionals.
    hey i was just thinking why not add a patch to the pre3 and we can call it a phone patch !! can anyone make this patch for me please ?!?!?! anyone?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    We are professionals.
    They should pay us!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    no. But it can be purched for thirtyyy fooourrr fiiiiffty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast