Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Deleted my FaceBook account. Turns out they're not kicking back any of the millions they're taking in for my useful marketing metrics.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Deleted my FaceBook account. Turns out they're not kicking back any of the millions they're taking in for my useful marketing metrics.
    +1 on that but then neither is Google. Similar to FB, they're providing you a service and, in return, you're providing them information about who you are, what you like, what you buy, who you talk to, etc. FB is just a little more in your face about it.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    <80s_song_ref>
    Friends! How many of us have them?
    Friends! Ones we can depend on?
    Friends! How many of us have them?
    Friends! Before we go any further, let's be friends!
    </80s_song_ref>
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    +1 on that but then neither is Google. Similar to FB, they're providing you a service and, in return, you're providing them information about who you are, what you like, what you buy, who you talk to, etc. FB is just a little more in your face about it.
    Welcome to 2011, dinosaurs! Both thanks for stating the obvious. The internet wouldn't be the same without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Welcome to 2011, dinosaurs! Both thanks for stating the obvious. The internet wouldn't be the same without it.
    ..... or google and facebook.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You're welcome.
  7.    #27  
    We don't want Schmidt to be right, do we?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yea, but Facebook's data is so much better than Google's, they'll be able to charge a lot more for their ads. And this is due to the absolute cooperation of the willing participants of FB. Yea, not me.

And as to Google, this dinosaur will be using plugins to avoid the ever-cookies, NOT using gmail, and whatever else I can to prevent giving away my precious marketing data.

I'll be your friend on here, heres some advice. Delete your Facebook.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    facebook is sooo stupid

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12