Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Due to the kick in the teeth that the webOS faithful received yesterday, here is the thread to throw out all those rose-tinted glasses.

You may commence.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    kick in the teeth? explain please for the rest of us?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    X will be available in the coming X

rinse

repeat

PSYCH!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ahhh.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5.    #5  
    Full:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/

Mobile:
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-3/

Just read the threads in that forum.

Not much happiness there at all.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Wow. I see that. Not being in the market for a new phone, I had focused on the pad which looks respectable. I get it now, thanks.
    blah !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Wow. I see that. Not being in the market for a new phone, I had focused on the pad which looks respectable. I get it now, thanks.
    Testicals. That is all.

OH and I <3 HP Pre 3. Just felt I had to throw that one out there. XD
    The people that were screaming for new hardware are now upset that they can't keep using their old hardware...

I share the frustration, but I have an alternative on VZW. Palm and Sprint need to let Sprint users know that they will also have an alternative by publicly stating their intentions to offer a new webOS phone in 2011. I believe that they will, but unless they offer some assurance, the Sprint users are left to think they will be forced to switch carrier or OS. The Sprint users have upgrades they want to use, but they need to know they will have something to use them on.

This is where Palm and the Carriers both need to stop being so secretive and share some info. I truly believe they will offer a phone and make current users a great deal, but unless they provide something to encourage Pre minus users, it's just a crap shoot as to whether the glass is have empty (they hosed us) or half full (they will take care of us).

But the good news is that there is a pretty large group of users that wanted to stay on 1.4.5 so they could keep using webOS classic, so at least they should be happy... No doubt this was a strange week... especially for Sprint users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The people that were screaming for new hardware are now upset that they can't keep using their old hardware...

I think what upset people the most is HP flat out lied to everybody about the 2.x update. Feb 8 everybody gets it. Feb 9 only 2.x and above gets it. This is inexcusable.

What concerns me the most is that they threw the devs under the bus. The devs left webOS in droves yesterday. Apps on 1.4.5=6000 Apps on 2.x= ????

Who's going to write the new Apps, a lot of the devs said adios HP.
    Last edited by groovy; 02/10/2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added tags
    Tim how much do you pay a month for service ? And what you you get for the money ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Fiasco!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post

I think what upset people the most is HP flat out lied to everybody about the 2.x update. Feb 8 everybody gets it. Feb 9 only 2.x and above gets it. This is inexcusable.

What concerns me the most is that they threw the devs under the bus. The devs left webOS in droves yesterday. Apps on 1.4.5=6000 Apps on 2.x= ????

Who's going to write the new Apps, a lot of the devs said adios HP.
    I can't agree with the word "lie". That would imply that this was intentional. I don't think it was. It's fair to say they failed to deliver results, failed to meet expectations, failed to meet the commitment, etc. But no one at Palm (or any similar company) is going to purposely create ways to shoot themselves in the foot, lead users on until there will be the angriest possible response, etc.

I think the real test will be how Sprint and Palm handle the need for an upgrade path for Pre and Pixi users. I actually think this hurts Sprint more than Palm, because Sprint stands to lose monthly revenue. Palm doesn't get any significant revenue from someone who already has the phone.

So Palm gets a black eye, and Sprint loses revenue. My point is that I really think they are both motivated to come up with a way to keep users happy and to not leave either company. The only thing worse for Sprint and Palm than losing customers, it for them to be at the highest level of anger and frustration when they leave. So both should be very motivated to make this right, and I've seen several people at Palm tweeting that they are really hoping they can do something to make users happy.

That said, I hope Sprint users are (politely) hammering Palm and Sprint through every possible avenue. Obnoxious and angry doesn't help, but the passion and persistence of the webOS and Sprint user community has a reputation for being effective.

Just my two cents... as I said, Palm screwed up but I don't think anyone lied. Palm and Sprint need to come up with a solution and quickly communicate about this.

Users on VZW and AT&T have alternatives with the Pre2, so it will be much easier for Palm to work with those carriers to create a compelling offer and avoid more customer panic.
    Last edited by groovy; 02/10/2011 at 02:07 PM.
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2860682]I can't agree with the word "lie". That would imply that this was intentional. I don't think it was. It's fair to say they failed to deliver results, failed to meet expectations, failed to meet the commitment, etc. But no one at Palm (or any similar company) is going to purposely create ways to shoot themselves in the foot, lead users on until there will be the angriest possible response, etc.

I respect your opinion but I think the horse is already out of the barn on "shooting themselves in the foot"
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I still need my rose colored glasses, at least until September 22. It's pretty bright throughout the summer . Maybe after that, I'll look at an Evo Shift or some not so slabby Android phone.
    But the good news is that there is a pretty large group of users that wanted to stay on 1.4.5 so they could keep using webOS classic, so at least they should be happy... No doubt this was a strange week... especially for Sprint users.
    More of a dissapointing week to say the least
    Ok, how cool is this....

35 thousand feet above Nebraska travelling over 500mph, typing on my netbook, connected to my Pre+ via bluetooth to share the Pre+ wifi connection to the gogo wifi network.

So I bought the wifi service for the Pre, and I am surfing simultaneously on y phone and my netbook over a single connection...

As Louie CK says, "everything is amazing - and nobody is happy."
    Leo, you're the bald slick overpaid simplistic uninformed champagne-sipping b^st^rd that you seemed to me, first time I laid eyes on your corporate ugliness.
  20.    #20  
    Ok, how cool is this....

35 thousand feet above Nebraska travelling over 500mph...
    Heyyyyyyyy, we had snow back here in ATL last night (again ), but it'll be all gone by the time you get back.

I know you're extremely upset about that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast