1.    #1  
    If one was to go back in time and kill their past self. What would happen?

If the past self dies their is no future self to kill them so they would be alive again but then their would be someone to kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    If one was to go back in time and kill their past self. What would happen?

If the past self dies their is no future self to kill them so they would be alive again but then their would be someone to kill them.
    nope they're both dead
  3.    #3  
    but if there is no future self to kill you you will be alive.
    Isn't that what they call a paradox? So, it wouldn't happen, ever.
    Sprint Love
    the original ceased to exist .. end of story
  6.    #6  
    @tooearly I suppose so but what if it did.

@sketch your pretty intent on the people dying lol
    Multiverse...

Just a theory or idea, but a change in the timeline spawns another "universe", "world" or "timeline"...

Suppose a die is thrown that contains 6 sides and that the result corresponds to a quantum mechanics observable. All 6 possible ways the die can fall correspond to 6 different universes. (More correctly, in MWI there is only a single universe but after the "split" into "many worlds" these cannot in general interact.)
    Multiverse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Multiverse...

Just a theory or idea, but a change in the timeline spawns another "universe", "world" or "timeline"...

Multiverse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Multiverse Theory is DEAD!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I. Will. Fight you. "reference to will ferrel in anchor man about the song afternoon delight"
    Makes for a good action movie... Although "The One" talks about these multiverses, yet you could never go and kill off all of your other personalities because different events would spawn new copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I. Will. Fight you. "reference to will ferrel in anchor man about the song afternoon delight"
  12.    #12  
    [url= will. Fight you.[/url]
    +99999999999999999999
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    The moment you went back 'in time', you'd split off into a parallel universe - so the 'self' you killed there would only die in that new instance, and in the original instance the old 'self' would be fine.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Yes every very small fraction of a second is a new universe created so if you killed your past self, then it wouldn't matter for your future self
    Everyone is dead!!!
  16.    #16  
    Sketch your dead!!!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Or, is it possible that if you went back in time to meet your mother nine months before your birth, could you actually become your own father? Would that mean you one inherited your own DNA which, essentially, means that DNA was created from nothing?

Answer: No. Time only moves in one direction. Your time would probably be better spent dividing a number in half until you reach zero.
    You should have had this discussion when you were 12 after seeing Terminator for the second time. I did.
    See Inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Your time would probably be better spent dividing a number in half until you reach zero.
    I'll pick zero as a number then...