Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, even though it will be challenged, a Florida Judge ruled that Congress violated the Constitution by requiring Americans to purchase insurance, and in fact, said the entire law "must be declared void" because that provision couldn't be separated. Of course, this will be challenged by obama and the Justice Department and it will still eventually end up at the Supreme Court, but it's time we just put the brakes on this ridiculous bill and start over.

While I have said many times there are some good parts to the bill, the bottom line is it is unconstitutional and doesn't address the rising medical costs. Of course, one regular in here will come out and attack me first before then saying that I've just made his case for universal health insurance, I will say that is just a bunch of "hooee". We need to scrap this bill and then pass legislation to actually address medical costs, not just punish insurance companies.

Florida Judge Rules Against Health Law - WSJ.com
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Well, even though it will be challenged, a Florida Judge ruled that Congress violated the Constitution by requiring Americans to purchase insurance, and in fact, said the entire law "must be declared void" because that provision couldn't be separated. Of course, this will be challenged by obama and the Justice Department and it will still eventually end up at the Supreme Court, but it's time we just put the brakes on this ridiculous bill and start over.

While I have said many times there are some good parts to the bill, the bottom line is it is unconstitutional and doesn't address the rising medical costs. Of course, one regular in here will come out and attack me first before then saying that I've just made his case for universal health insurance, I will say that is just a bunch of "hooee". We need to scrap this bill and then pass legislation to actually address medical costs, not just punish insurance companies.

Florida Judge Rules Against Health Law - WSJ.com
    It's a travesty that we should be forced into insurance . It's not legal and def. against the constitution !!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    He must be a tourist.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Or a turtle .

ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Seems fairly simple to me. A fine imposed for not getting health insurance is a fine imposed on simply living in the United States. You get insurance to drive a car or to own a home. The only verb involved in mandatory health insurance is to live.
    It's stupid , really.

ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    Today is a special day, indeed.

Shane has more than two posts in a political thread, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Today is a special day, indeed.

Shane has more than two posts in a political thread, lol.
    I don't post in them because I don't argue well . I would just as soon beat your head in and make you shut up and listen to what I say . Lol ltm ltm ltm.

ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I don't post in them because I don't argue well . I would just as soon beat your head in and make you shut up and listen to what I say . Lol ltm ltm ltm.

Oops, sorry, nevermind.... ltm ltm ltm.

notice the laughter at the end

Attitude adjustments.....Aah the the good old days
    car and home insurance is mandator only because it's there to protect the bankers and people from losing every thing they own. if your house burns down and you didn't have insurance and your neighbors house went up to, it protects your niegbor and the bank. Same with car insurance it protects the bank and the person you hit.
    health insurance is not a must have especially if you cant afford the price these companies are charging !! might as well cut off my arm and sell it or kidneys or liver , just to be able to afford it !! shoot we would be better off if we did what Europe does . but then doctors and medical profession would be turned upside down lol greed is what the true problem is !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    Quote Originally Posted by slyvester View Post
    car and home insurance is mandator only because it's there to protect the bankers and people from losing every thing they own. if your house burns down and you didn't have insurance and your neighbors house went up to, it protects your niegbor and the bank. Same with car insurance it protects the bank and the person you hit.
    With health ins there is no bank or neighbor.. Maybe life insurace should be mandatory than.... Or phone insurance..

When what I do affects someone elses pocket.. Ie neighbor or bank (since they fit the bill due to my neglegence or outright destruction) than it's mandatory.. Otherwise it's my money, my right (to not even see a doctor if I don't want to) my life to do as I see fit!

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    With health ins there is no bank or neighbor.. Maybe life insurace should be mandatory than.... Or phone insurance..

When what I do affects someone elses pocket.. Ie neighbor or bank (since they fit the bill due to my neglegence or outright destruction) than it's mandatory.. Otherwise it's my money, my right (to not even see a doctor if I don't want to) my life to do as I see fit!

yep that the american dream !!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 01/31/2011 at 09:22 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
  16.    #16  
    The problem is where do we draw the line at what the government can mandate we do, or worse, buy. What if Ford develops some super efficient car that some group believes will "save the planet", could the government require that any new car purchased must be this Ford vehicle? Why not? Isn't it in the best interest of everyone to "save the planet"? If I want to drive my gas gulping vehicle, would that not (in their mind) cause harm to them? So they would rationalize that it is harming them and therefore the government could step in and require we all must buy these new vehicles. We can't allow the government to run our lives like this.

**** For the record, I don't drive a "gas gulping" car. No SUV for me!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    The problem is where do we draw the line at what the government can mandate we do, or worse, buy. What if Ford develops some super efficient car that some group believes will "save the planet", could the government require that any new car purchased must be this Ford vehicle? Why not? Isn't it in the best interest of everyone to "save the planet"? If I want to drive my gas gulping vehicle, would that not (in their mind) cause harm to them? So they would rationalize that it is harming them and therefore the government could step in and require we all must buy these new vehicles. We can't allow the government to run our lives like this.

**** For the record, I don't drive a "gas gulping" car. No SUV for me!
    They institute more regulations on gas efficiency to manufacturers and incentives for consumers to buy.. Win win

it's not a legitimate political thread until davidra gets here...
    please shuuuuuuu dont call forth that whatever he is !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷ๘ุṫ-Ŧḯุη
    so what's wrong with forcing coverage of preexisting conditions and allowing children to stay on the family plan for longer? and if you decide to exercise your constitutional right and not have health care, and following this you decide to save money by not going to checkups, and you either get sick without realizing it or your health slowly deteriorates over time... who wins then? if this happens to lots of people, and they can't go to work... is this truly good for american business?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast