Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Champion, NY - A northern New York man has topped his own record by building a 35-foot, top hat-wearing snowman on his property.
    Vern Scoville started building huge snowmen several years ago as something fun for his family and friends to do after the holidays. Last year, his snowman topped out at 25 feet.

This year, Frosty stands 35 feet high just off Route 126 in the Jefferson County town of Champion, 70 miles north of Syracuse.

The snowman sports three black car tires for buttons, an orange and white traffic cone for a nose and part of an old pool for a top hat.
    The mammoth snowman is a local attraction, especially for children who like to get their pictures taken standing in front of it.

http://www.wwnytv.com/v/?i=114903054
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    that's 1 hour from my house! hey, you probably see my house from the top of his snowman!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    When do the hippies come and burn it down?

Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    When do the hippies come and burn it down?
    I'd figure they'd want to hang out with it!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

I'd figure they'd want to hang out with it!
    That was a reference to the Burning Man.
    That was a reference to the Burning Man.
    Missed that as a reference - familiar with the event.
    In other news: The community that puts together the annual Burning Man event has approached these people about hosting a smaller gathering in February. The proposed title for this event is currently Freezing Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    In other news: The community that puts together the annual Burning Man event has approached these people about hosting a smaller gathering in February. The proposed title for this event is currently Freezing Man.
    LOL - Location?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ummm.... I dunno if Hippies do that kind of snow exactly.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    the snow heading to chicago will be deep enough for hellonnnewman to make a snoman bigger that the one in new york.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I know, it's cold as heck here. It's only supposed to get into the mid-60's tomorrow. I might have to turn the heater on.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the snow heading to chicago will be deep enough for hellonnnewman to make a snoman bigger that the one in new york.
    Actually, that same storm is supposed to hit upstate new york later tonight through tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Actually, that same storm is supposed to hit upstate new york later tonight through tomorrow.
    I hear ya. We have our own weather mess out here. All the sun and heat last week made some of my flowers bloom to early.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I hear ya. We have our own weather mess out here. All the sun and heat last week made some of my flowers bloom to early.
    We all know that you secretly want to play in the snow and make snow angels when nobody is looking!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    We all know that you secretly want to play in the snow and make snow angels when nobody is looking!
    Yeah, I do. The sand angels are fun but too messy.
  16.    #17  
    Yeah, I do. The sand angels are fun but too messy.

damn skippy, you definitely got a little messy
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Yikes! That was disturbing. Reminds me of mud wrestling back in the day... not that I've ever witnessed those, of course.
    On time I made the smallest snowman ever.... (picture below)
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I once made a snow man half the size of a hydrogen atom. Huh? Huh? Top that one! I dare ya!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast