1.    #1  
    Never been one to agree with former SC Senator Fritz Hollings (D) on much, but now that he is retired he seems to have had his eyes opened. At a local (Charleston) meeting recently, he didn't have too many good things to say about obama. One of my favorite lines from the article was: Hollings said he voted for Obama and is still trying to support him, but when asked who he would support for president, he replied, "Someone with experience." Ahhh, experience....a glaring thing missing from obama's resume. Still hard to believe that Americans over looked that very important thing, experience at running anything. Another interesting quote: "He's talking in the State of the Union and all he's making is a campaign talk for re-election. It's the darnedest thing in the world." For those who don't know who Hollings is/was, he was a long time democrat Senator from SC who served alongside one of davidra's favorite Senators, Strom Thurmond (R).

Hollings slams Obama speech | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I'm not an Obamaphile but you got to admit that in 4 years when he runs then he'll have more experience with the Presidency than anyone running against him unless a former 1 term President runs also.

Experience isn't the only factor. People have to weigh philosphy of government and also factor in the results that have or have not been acheived.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    LOL. So we've been going through his OJT. Great!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    LOL. So we've been going through his OJT. Great!
    I didn't say what choice might have made sense on the experience front the first time - just examining the playing field next time. I hate it when people reduce complex decisions to unifactor and then switch the criteria to fit the outcome they want - LOL

Not meaning you Micael BTW.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I didn't say what choice might have made sense on the experience front the first time - just examining the playing field next time. I hate it when people reduce complex decisions to unifactor and then switch the criteria to fit the outcome they want - LOL

Not meaning you Micael BTW.
    It wasn't just the part about the experience, I think everyone is coming to that conclusion, that he had no business being elected Prez with his next to nothing experience, but it was also amazing that a pretty staunch democrat pointed out that obama was just making a speech to be re-elected, not a State of the Union speech.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I don't know why people put so much emphasis on political speeches. They're never written by the people that orate them.

Why do people get so sucked into these things? Are we really this ignorant?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    I don't know why people put so much emphasis on political speeches. They're never written by the people that orate them.

Some speechs are. Reagan wrote many of his own, but not all. What's really important is what it says, regardless. It's part of what's left later for us to review and discuss while we're trying to pick up the pieces from thier messes.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post

Well, I saw an interview with valarie jarrett (a senior advisor to obama) and she was quite proud of the fact that obama was the writer of most of his speech the other night. Now, could she have been doing her normal BSing?....you bet. But she sure wanted folks to think obama wrote it. So while I don't feel I am so ignorant to believe that Presidents write their own speeches, she sure wanted us to believe this is what obama thought. Crazy speech....he would start out talking about how we Americans can do anything (very good, no problem with that) and then finish by saying, "however, the government is the best answer." You know, we just wouldn't be able to survive without more government!

Remember this - Campaign promises are never kept. The same holds for most policy speeches. Intention can be sometimes gleaned but mostly these are both just window dressing.