Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think its unjust, even if shutting it down was to protect those innocent.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I think its unjust, even if shutting it down was to protect those innocent.
    On that line of thought, then it would be unjust to shut down a subway system to protect the innocent against a threat too?
    Nope, the internet is a global thing. even if they just shut it down in america it would still affect people worldwide
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Nope, the internet is a global thing. even if they just shut it down in america it would still affect people worldwide
    Interesting point.

But when there's a national security crisis (a national emergency), do you think it should matter if someone in another part of the world can check for friend requests?
    I don't thinks its a facebook thing. Look at how Egypt and Iran is able to inform the world about what is happening, even as attempts are made to shut access off. And in the day of skype and VoIP, it's a matter of being able to reach people. If we are in crisis, family in another country want to communicate.

but in a practical sense, it really can't be shut off because it's a "web" of connections. pretty hard to truly "shut it off".
  6.    #26  
    They truly shut it off in Egypt.

The population couldn't even proxy it.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1721856/h...f-the-internet
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/29/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    I don't believe we have a 'right' to access the internet, but I could not imagine the uprising cutting it off would bring.

and no, I don't think they should shut down a subway if there was a threat. Then that's all it would take, is a threat to get your way.

grounding all flights on 9/11, sure I understand, that wasn't a threat, that was direct action.

if they want to shut down the internet to silence your people, then they are no longer 'your people'...
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I don't believe we have a 'right' to access the internet, but I could not imagine the uprising cutting it off would bring.

and no, I don't think they should shut down a subway if there was a threat. Then that's all it would take, is a threat to get your way.
    Let me clarify, for argument's sake.
    Not a "threat", but an actual "uprising" against the "subway system", so to speak.

And no, i don't believe that the internet is a "basic right" either. A basic right is something we need in order to survive, such as food, water etc. Not the internet, lol, although it sure seems like it.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    On that line of thought, then it would be unjust to shut down a subway system to protect the innocent against a threat too?
    A better parallel would be shutting down all transportation systems in the US, cars, buses, trains, planes, just because of a threat to one subway.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    A better parallel would be shutting down all transportation systems in the US, cars, buses, trains, planes, just because of a threat to one subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd
    Let me clarify, for argument's sake.

Not a "threat", but an actual "uprising" against the "subway system", so to speak.
    So what are you trying to say??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So what are you trying to say??
    What are you trying to ask?

lol

lol
    You know that's a dangerous question, right?

You are talking to sketchy!!!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!

lol
    Does threat = uprising

And what if I or anyone I know, don't use the subway?

Is it the ny subway? What about when the subway car goes above ground, does that count? What if the state you are actually speaking about, doesn't have a subway? What if they just have potatoes like idaho?

This is all too confusing!!

What do potatoes have to do with the internet being shutoff? And when is it being shut , I still need to catch up on leverage, psych and burn notice!!

15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Sent from my eVo
    I know, i have my fingers crossed, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Sent from my eVo
    !

Oh batman save us!

Sent from my eVo
  18.    #38  
    Does threat = uprising

Is it the ny subway? What about when the subway car goes above ground, does that count? What if the state you are actually speaking about, doesn't have a subway? What if they just have potatoes like idaho?

What do potatoes have to do with the internet being shutoff? And when is it being shut , I still need to catch up on leverage, psych and burn notice!!
    You didn't cross enough fingers or you didn't cross em in time

Does threat = uprising

I knew it!

Where can I find episodes of Dexter?

Sent from my eVo
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast