Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What would be on your list of priorities to get started with, in what order and why...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Pshh, No Brainer.... IM GOIN TO DISNEY LAND!
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Chicks, man... chicks
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Chicks, man... chicks
    "Two chicks at the same time."

"I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I have nothing new to add here...
  6.    #6  
    My

#1 - Wipe the threat of terrorism off the face of the Earth.
    (Don't exactly know how yet, but what we've done over the last twenty years hasn't worked. It's time to think out of the box. We've become much too numb and accepting of these cowardly, horrific attacks.)

#2 - Implement a certain level of education that has to be reached before given the right to vote in major elections.
    (Controversial idea, i know, but we shouldn't feel comfortable knowing that our fate lies in the hands of people whose main priorities are arguing about American Idol and America's Next Top Model while they don't have a clue how the political system works.)

#3 - Stop allowing the public school system to push students up through graduation in order to give the impression that they're actually doing a satisfactory job teaching.

I might have some more later.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/25/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Well if you publicly exacuted them every time you found one maybe that would slow em down a bit . Ha ha . Stuff like that works in other countries lol just sayin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    1) Repeal health care reform
    2) Implement a flat tax system
    3) Reduce the size of the Fed by 35% minimum
    4) Build incentives and policies that bring manufacturing and technology jobs back to America.
    5) All of the above, along with sane spending policies, will reduce/eliminate the national debt
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    "Two chicks at the same time."

F an A, man!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Chicks, man... chicks

Yeah, presidents are really good at picking chicks!
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post

Yeah, presidents are really good at picking chicks!
    Some are better at it than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    4) Build incentives and policies that bring manufacturing and technology jobs back to America.
    5) All of the above, along with sane spending policies, will reduce/eliminate the national debt
    Excellent choices Micael.....I personally would change # 2 to "Implement the Fair Tax" and I would add term limits as a top priority. Term limits would actually give our representatives the balls to make tough and unpopular decisions (raise the Social Security age?) rather than worrying about getting re-elected. I would also severely cut their benefits. Congressional benefits are ridiculous. I wish we could vote for our own benefits and pay. Think about it.....they vote on what WE pay them and how much benefits WE give them. Sweet deal, huh?

* Edit....obviously the Prez can't do these things by him/herself, but hopefully it gets the ball moving in the right direction.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I do all of that too, after getting my Pre+ approved to be used in a Presidential manner of course. Didnt the big O have issues getting his BB approved?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    * Edit....obviously the Prez can't do these things by him/herself, but hopefully it gets the ball moving in the right direction.
    Which makes it somewhat of a moot point. Would anyone ever be able to run with that platform and receive the support to get elected? Even if they did, which they wouldn't, would they ever get Congressional support to write any of that legislation?
  15.    #15  
    Ahh, serious discussion is finally beginning to take root.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Which makes it somewhat of a moot point. Would anyone ever be able to run with that platform and receive the support to get elected? Even if they did, which they wouldn't, would they ever get Congressional support to write any of that legislation?
    You're talking about my 5 items? He asked if I was just elected, what would I do.... I wasn't thinking about what my platform to get elected would be.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You're talking about my 5 items? He asked if I was just elected, what would I do.... I wasn't thinking about what my platform to get elected would be.
    I was referring more to Clem's Congressional limitations. But your reduction of the Fed wouldn't be very popular either.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I was referring more to Clem's Congressional limitations. But your reduction of the Fed wouldn't be very popular either.
    It seems to me that some unpopular things will need to be done if we're to turn this ship around.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    It seems to me that some unpopular things will need to be done if we're to turn this ship around.
    Agreed, but if those things are unpopular with people who are pivotal to getting you elected then you have a problem. Either you run an honest but unsuccessful campaign or you run a campaign based on deceiving the people who helped you get elected then hope your popular support is enough to carry you through your term.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Agreed, but if those things are unpopular with people who are pivotal to getting you elected then you have a problem. Either you run an honest but unsuccessful campaign or you run a campaign based on deceiving the people who helped you get elected then hope your popular support is enough to carry you through your term.
    Your point seems a bit cynical, but you may be right. I'm betting that eventually people will get fed up with status quo, which is unsustainable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast