1.    #1  
    I'm looking for Hotels in the san francisco area as I'm thinking of coming to the Palm Event if it's still open to registration...

Does anyone know of a cheap hotel?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Where's it going to be? Staying near the airport is cheap and easy but there's not much in that area to do for entertainment if transportation is an issue.
    Staying down near Fisherman's Wharf. Not sure what price range you want to stay in...
  4.    #4  
    I'm not staying beyond overnight so entertainment is not a problem. I do have a friend who lives in town but not sure where and I don't want him to have to shuttle me around

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Staying down near Fisherman's Wharf. Not sure what price range you want to stay in...

Cheap as possible as I haven't made any money on the apps I'm going to write LOL

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    There's a Best Western and Howard Johnson's near the airport for around $50. I've never stayed at either so I can't vouch for them but the area is nice enough. On the other hand, you might be able to catch BART to a hotel closer to wherever the event is going to be. That's why I asked.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yeah, not cheap!
    Have you tried this?
    CouchSurfing - Participate in Creating a Better World, One Couch At A Time

Or even the YMCA that is nearby:
    855 Sacramento Street, San Francisco - (415) 576-9622
    I'm pretty sure San Francisco has some hotel rooms you can rent by the hour.
    I checked my favority Hotel in that area which is the Hilton Financial District. It's usually about $99.00 a night which is reasonable. It is also located fairly well for entertainment and dining. it's not far from Market street and is just off a couple of cable car lines and not far from some rail lines and bus lines.

However... they show no vacancies. You might try calling and checking again - they do show the 9th available for 2 night stays and maybe I miskeyed something. But this may be moot as I'm not seeing anything close to the rate I was getting just last summer even when I price out a couple of months ahead.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Mmmm. Fisherman's Wharf. That's where I had the best crab cakes and clam chowder on the planet. nom nom nom nom!

I don't care how short a stay you're thinking; for me the Wharf would be a required pit stop at the very least.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm definitely stopping down there.. I also want to take a tour of Alcatraz... but we'll see how things pan out. Not sure if I want to shell out $25-30 for that... kinda steep.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I love Elements in the Mission District - $60 for a private room:

Elements Hotel, Misson Street, San Francisco

The rooms aren't fancy, but two great lounge/restaurants, one with a view of the city from the rooftop deck.

They have a pretty loud dance scene downstairs on the weekend nights, but for me that's a plus lol
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Mmmm. Fisherman's Wharf. That's where I had the best crab cakes and clam chowder on the planet. nom nom nom nom!

I don't care how short a stay you're thinking; for me the Wharf would be a required pit stop at the very least.
    Seafood makes me go to the hospital

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Seafood makes me go to the hospital
    Well that pretty much rules that out then
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.