1.    #1  
    First and foremost, sorry for this long message but I want to be as detailed as I can.

So I was messing around with the webOS emulator last night. All was good for a while. I got preware on there and played with some patches just getting comfortable with it. I wanted to mess with some images and try getting into doing some themes. Then my computer started acting weird. I tried opening an image. Photoshop opened but the image didnt open. I tried again, same thing. Tried another image, same thing. Computer was kinda running slow towards the end. I have a pretty old PC running Windows XP. I figured I just maybe have to reboot since I hadn't after installing VirtualBox. I restarted the computer and when the computer shut down it stayed in a sort of standby mode. Nothing on the screen but the computer was on. It wouldnt boot. I tried reseting it again. Nothing. So now I cant even get on my computer. Anyone else have a problem like this after installing the emulator and virtualBox? While installing virtualBox, Windows kept warning me that it hasnt been tested by Windows and its recommended not to install. I figured it was fine since a lot of people use this and just wasnt tested by WINDOWS. But could that be a problem? Maybe its something unrelated. Maybe I have just overloaded my computer with programs that it cant handle. Any help would be appreciated.
    Dude, that sucks, but i havnt run into that
  3.    #3  
    Very much so. I live on my computer. lol. I have read that a common solution is to clear CMOS on the motherboard. I'm going to try that when I get home from work. Just thought maybe if someone else ran into this problem, I could have a better idea of what happened.
    Clearing the CMOS is only for changes that are made in the BIOS. Have you tried starting in Safe Mode (press f8 at startup) to see that allows you to boot?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    If you can get into windows using safe mode do a system restore and go back to the day before you installed the software. That will bring your system and files back to the way it was. But like I said, you gotta get into safe mode first.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, nothing comes up on the screen. If I can at least see something, I can get into safe mode and fix the problem. The computer, when turned on, sounds as if it is starting up. But then gets quiet and I pretty much only hear the fans. I pressed ctrl+alt+del and it sounds as if my hard drive runs a little then stops again. The screen flickers and changed to DPM mode (if I remember thats what its called) but then nothing. Im hooked up to a tv screen, not a monitor.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    Clearing the CMOS is only for changes that are made in the BIOS. Have you tried starting in Safe Mode (press f8 at startup) to see that allows you to boot?
    I wasnt sure if the VirtualBox for the webOS emulator messed with that. I just searched and saw that was a common thing if your computer turns on but doesnt show anything.
    Check your video connection, it sounds like it may have come loose. Also since you cant see anything yet, keep tapping f8 when you start it, see if safe mode comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I wasnt sure if the VirtualBox for the webOS emulator messed with that. I just searched and saw that was a common thing if your computer turns on but doesnt show anything.
    Absolutely, try anything, it shouldnt have anything to do with it, but you never know, if you've never OC'd or anything, you really dont have anything to lose by trying.
    Good luck!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Any beeps on startup? The symptoms you explained could be anything from RAM, CPU, Motherboard, Power Supply, or Video Card. Pretty much every component in the machine could potentially cause these symptoms.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  11.    #11  
    Well over the weekend I did some troubleshooting. I removed my hard drive and put it into another computer to see if its my hard drive or my computer. It boots up just fine so its definitly something to do with my RAM CPU or motherboard like Traxion said. The only problem I have now on the new computer is that its asking for the Windows Product Key and I dont have it. The product key sticker on the computer doesnt work so now I have to figure that out.