1.    #1  
    The 2011 Volkswagen Passat: More Wagen, More Volk?

I love VW's,but the styling on the new Jetta and Passat leave me uninspired. What do you think about their new cars?
    I am kind of feeling the same. i am a huge vw fan have a 06 GLI. i have to agree though. From what i understand they are trying to make american cars as apposed to European cars for americans. problem with that is i want a european vw not an american one. i guess only the market will dictate where they go from here. if it sells i guess this is just the begining. if not hopefully we can expect a return to euro styling. i do know that Porch is supposed to be involved with a new gti or sports car from them so lets hope thay holds true to euro style.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    The interior shots look nice, but yeah... it's pretty uninspired externally.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I have a 2008 R32 Mk V... Volkswagen has gone so far downhill in terms of their everyday cars. The new R-Line cars, however, are a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    euro styling
    Talking about styling and volkswagen in the same paragraph is innappropiate, sorry.
    Newness Developments apps:

Being generic worked so wel for Saab, I guess VW decided to try it. Either that, or they hired the designers from Hundai.
    I've never really been interested in VW cars. I do really like the Corrado though! That thing sounds like it's fun to drive.

I could care less about newer cars (last 10 years or so) in general. They just don't seem to have any character. I prefer cars from the mid-80's to the mid-90's...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've never really been interested in VW cars. I do really like the Corrado though! That thing sounds like it's fun to drive.

I could care less about newer cars (last 10 years or so) in general. They just don't seem to have any character. I prefer cars from the mid-80's to the mid-90's...
    My preference goes a wee further back than that

The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9.    #9  
    Micael

Cantaffordit, I think Hyundai is light-years ahead of VW when it comes to their current offerings. Take the Sonata,for example:

Hyundai Sonata-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

maybe you should visit this site, maybe your opinion about newer cars will change.

11.    #11  
    deCorvett, it will be great when we get Alfa Romeos again in the USA. Most of the car styling I admire comes from Europe;unfortunately,VW isn't one of them.
    Last edited by BobKy; 01/11/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    deCorvett, it will be great when we get Alfa Romeos again in the USA. Most of the car styling I admire comes from Europe;unfortunately,VW isn't one of them.
    Maybe in a couple of years... reintroducing Alfa in the USA is in the To Do list of the Fiat Group.

Meanwhile, I can tell you how I enjoy my 210HP 159 Q-Tronic, or my sister's Giulietta, or how amazingly performs my father's 166...

Alfa Romeo is a good tradition in my family.