Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona shot - Politics - msnbc.com
    Democrat, or Republican this just terrible. It scares me.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/10/2011 at 12:12 AM.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    not yet, she didn't. (pray)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Thread title edited because, thankfully, it was wrong.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Thread title edited because, thankfully, it was wrong.
    Ya, I couldn't figure out how to change it.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Democrat, or Republican this just terrible. It scares me.
    I'm guessing neither. I'm guessing undiagnosed schizophrenia. Another of our Country's problems; ignoring mental illness due to the stigma.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm guessing neither. I'm guessing undiagnosed schizophrenia. Another of our Country's problems; ignoring mental illness due to the stigma.
    In which country does mental illness not come with a stigma?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I appreciate that you've admitted to just guessing, but need we politicize this so quickly? It seems that you are jumping a bit quick to blame our 'Country'. From what I've heard so far, this moron knew exactly what he was doing and that it was wrong.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I appreciate that you've admitted to just guessing, but need we politicize this so quickly? It seems that you are jumping a bit quick to blame our 'Country'. From what I've heard so far, this moron knew exactly what he was doing and that it was wrong.
    I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. Something is clearly "off" with him.

His YouTube account:
    Can't we agree that this is just plain tragic?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Clearly "off" is spot on.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    In which country does mental illness not come with a stigma?
    Not relevant. Can't we be better than other countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't see that as politicizing it, other than pointing out not stigmatizing mental illness and providing resources to care address and care for the chronically mentally ill can help prevent horrible things like this from happening.
    Yup, NBC did a report about all the people killed on Sunday night.
    It's pretty sad that all the democrats were quick to come out thinking this was a political attack by some right winger, and blaming the likes of Linbaugh, Beck, Fox, etc. for causing this. Liberals never cease to amaze me on how they will take advantage of any situation to push their agenda. Funny, when the muslim attacked soldiers at Fort Hood, obama and other liberals ran to the defense of muslims saying to not judge them for this one incident. I mean really, why should we connect muslims with terrorism? I wonder why they (liberals) seemed to think it was best to judge first in this case rather than wait for facts. Yup, another proud moment for liberals.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    It's pretty sad that all the democrats were quick to come out thinking this was a political attack by some right winger, and blaming the likes of Linbaugh, Beck, Fox, etc. for causing this. Liberals never cease to amaze me on how they will take advantage of any situation to push their agenda. Funny, when the muslim attacked soldiers at Fort Hood, obama and other liberals ran to the defense of muslims saying to not judge them for this one incident. I mean really, why should we connect muslims with terrorism? I wonder why they (liberals) seemed to think it was best to judge first in this case rather than wait for facts. Yup, another proud moment for liberals.
    Actually it's pretty sad that a woman who was shot in the head at point blank range Sat, had already pleaded with others to avoid the violent rhetoric, to prevent inciting their constituency to violence. This was shortly after bullets were fired into her office at night after the Health Care Vote.

So can I help you down from that high horse you're on?
    Last edited by daThomas; 01/10/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Actually it's pretty sad that a woman who was shot in the head at point blank range Sat, had already pleaded with others to avoid the violent rhetoric, to prevent inciting their constituency to violence. This was shortly after bullets were fired into her campaign headquarters at night.

No you can't help me down.....YOU are part of the very group who were likely drooling that there could be some connection to the Tea Party folks, or maybe if this could only be a supporter of Palin, or some other connection a liberal like you would want to see. Someone like you is probably disappointed that this was just a very, very, very sick individual and so now you can't get up on your high horse and point fingers at the evil right. Even in your comment you still act as if this individual was incited by some rhetoric....still hoping that there can be a connection.....when there is no evidence....NONE....that connects him to anything other than just a really messed up mind. Good grief....same old daThomas. At least you're consistent.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Actually it's pretty sad that a woman who was shot in the head at point blank range Sat, had already pleaded with others to avoid the violent rhetoric, to prevent inciting their constituency to violence. This was shortly after bullets were fired into her campaign headquarters at night.

You don't think it's also sad that the media took advantage of this tragedy to continue painting conservatives as extremists? Whatever your political affiliation, I think it's downright deplorable when you try to pin one insane person's action on an entirely unrelated group of people, and even more sad when it's in response to a national tragedy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Not relevant. Can't we be better than other countries?
    What would you suggest the State do about this issue?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Actually it's pretty sad that a woman who was shot in the head at point blank range Sat, had already pleaded with others to avoid the violent rhetoric, to prevent inciting their constituency to violence. This was shortly after bullets were fired into her office at night after the Health Care Vote.

Bullets? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Even in your comment you still act as if this individual was incited by some rhetoric....still hoping that there can be a connection.....when there is no evidence....NONE....that connects him to anything other than just a really messed up mind. Good grief....same old daThomas. At least you're consistent.
    Actually, (and not surprisingly) at this point in time you have no idea if what you said is true or not, right? How do you know what motivated a mentally ill person to respond in this way?

Are you saying you approve of "second amendment remedies" being part of political debates? Do you really think the rhetoric about targets and taking people out is a good thing? Words do matter.
    elmstreetdream likes this.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast