Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 194
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #81  
    Why does Kenanator still have a violent signature?
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    And what this nut wrote had nothing to do with any particular party. As far as the drug test, when did I say it was a lie? Since when is pot/drug use the sole vice of democrats?

    It is good to see that you are consistent in counteracting assumptions with more assumptions. The sad part is that you think your assumptions are facts...
    When did I say pot/drug use was the sole vice of democrats? You seemed to indicate Fox was making up his use of drugs when in FACT the military seemed to back that up as well as people who knew him. Based on your stance, we shouldn't say that in FACT he shot those people and is guilty, right? Face it....you simply had some FACTS thrown in your face. Good to see you haven't changed as well.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'll just refer you to the first post I made. You are welcome to think that both sides have done this equally. I have no intention of arguing with you about it, other than to say I think you may be wrong.
    And same old davidra....thinks he is never wrong....ROFL. That is YOUR opinion....I think you may be wrong....and that is MY opinion. It kills me that you never change....oops...did I say "it kills me".....that does not mean that I believe I will actually be killed for this....nor does this mean that I am indicating that davidra will try and kill me. Geeez, I really have to watch my words....this is scary.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4. #84  
    whateverator
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    When did I say pot/drug use was the sole vice of democrats? You seemed to indicate Fox was making up his use of drugs when in FACT the military seemed to back that up as well as people who knew him. Based on your stance, we shouldn't say that in FACT he shot those people and is guilty, right? Face it....you simply had some FACTS thrown in your face. Good to see you haven't changed as well.
    Actually I was commenting on FOX calling him a liberal and a socialist. I threw the "druggie" part in to keep the quote full and in tact. Why is OK for FOX to call him a socialist while other news orgs called him a tea-partier? Are they not BOTH WRONG?

    The FACTS are that we know nothing about this guy other that he is off the charts mentally and neither party should be jumping in on this, pointing fingers.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  6. #86  
    The fact that even this has turned into yet another political circus, produces even more fodder for the rest of the world to shake their collective heads at.

    Truly embarrassing.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    And same old davidra....thinks he is never wrong....ROFL. That is YOUR opinion....I think you may be wrong....and that is MY opinion. It kills me that you never change....oops...did I say "it kills me".....that does not mean that I believe I will actually be killed for this....nor does this mean that I am indicating that davidra will try and kill me. Geeez, I really have to watch my words....this is scary.
    Like I said....not worth arguing with you about it. Why don't you just get in line for the "You Lie" automatic weapon your state is churning out? I'm sure you'll cherish it. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. I've only said it multiple times....nobody should use guns or violence as part of political rhetoric no matter what side they are on. You can't even say that, so just toddle off and have a wonderful evening.

    You Lie, South Carolina commemorative moron
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    ...
    Seriously, why are you keeping this in your sig?

    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!"

    And why is the media calling this guy an "alleged shooter"? The newspaper isn't a court or jury. The fact is the guy was the gunman. The "alleged" part is for a jury to determine if he committed a crime.

    So we are politically correct unless it's a signature line, a comedy central show, a game like Grand Theft Auto, Rap music lyrics, or the media soft-pedaling about "alleged gunman"...

    Hypocrisy is not attractive.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Again, you're not comparing apples with apples, Ken. Manson's mentally stable fans know his songs are fictional. Rush and Beck's mentally stable fans know when they joking and when they're trying to give factual information.
    Oh, I didn't realize that daydreaming about staring into the eyes of another person while you choke the life out of them, and killing off an entire group of people that you do not agree with, were "jokes." WOW, pretty funny...

    It is funny how when Beck and Rush are actually pressed on their comments, they all of sudden become "jokes" from "entertainers."
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  10. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize that daydreaming about staring into the eyes of another person while you choke the life out of them, and killing off an entire group of people that you do not agree with, were "jokes." WOW, pretty funny...

    It is funny how when Beck and Rush are actually pressed on their comments, they all of sudden become "jokes" from "entertainers."
    So you're saying you really, truly, honestly believe they were serious when they said those things? And every time a person says, "I'm going to ring your neck", they really mean it? And when a Democrat says it's time to get the pitchforks, they really mean it?

    How about when Ed Schultz says, "“You’re damn right, **** Cheney's heart's a political football... we ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him"?
    Last edited by groovy; 01/15/2011 at 12:18 AM.
  11. #91  
    I guess the real question is what percentage of the listeners to those respective programs do take them seriously? Ever listen to some of the call-in listeners on Savage's show, or Rush's show? Do they sound entertained, or furious? Can you honestly say those listeners are similar to those that will listen to James Thurber's humor being read? Really?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Like I said....not worth arguing with you about it. Why don't you just get in line for the "You Lie" automatic weapon your state is churning out? I'm sure you'll cherish it. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. I've only said it multiple times....nobody should use guns or violence as part of political rhetoric no matter what side they are on. You can't even say that, so just toddle off and have a wonderful evening.

    You Lie, South Carolina commemorative moron
    I only own one gun....a Springfield hand gun.....I believe you are the one that owns the guns, right? As for the rifle you mentioned, what is wrong with that? Are you seriously saying that anyone that were to buy it is likely to go after the Prez? Really? Or maybe someone that bought it for the "you lie" statement simply agrees with Joe Wilson's statement. I mean really, obama does lie quite a bit.

    When did I say violence was a way to settle issues? I just happen to believe that words are simply words. You know, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. You've called me redneck, a racist, and stupid but I certainly don't have any intentions of trying to hurt you. I think people just need to develop some tougher skin. Go back and look at how politicians behaved back in the late 1700's and in the 1800's. What we have going on now is nuttin. By the way, sorry for "toddling" back
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I guess the real question is what percentage of the listeners to those respective programs do take them seriously? Ever listen to some of the call-in listeners on Savage's show, or Rush's show? Do they sound entertained, or furious? Can you honestly say those listeners are similar to those that will listen to James Thurber's humor being read? Really?
    You listen to Rush? LOL You must not listen very closely. People are furious these days, I will agree with you on that (gulp, I hate when that happens....getting a bit queasy here). I was out with some friends last night and both the husband and wife are really annoyed with all the debt obama has pushed on us and his socialistic agenda. Now, they are angry, but they certainly have no intentions of harming anyone. Thurber? He died 1 year before I was born, lol.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Actually I was commenting on FOX calling him a liberal and a socialist. I threw the "druggie" part in to keep the quote full and in tact. Why is OK for FOX to call him a socialist while other news orgs called him a tea-partier? Are they not BOTH WRONG?

    The FACTS are that we know nothing about this guy other that he is off the charts mentally and neither party should be jumping in on this, pointing fingers.
    Ummm....I think that was the whole point here. Democrats were quick to try and lable this guy as being a disciple of any person on the right. They were practically drooling to make a connection. As I said before, when the eco-nut job held some hostages at the Discovery Channel offices, I don't recall any mainstream folks on the right linking him to al gore. The reason was because he was clearly a complete nut job (more than the normal liberal nut job). I say mainstream because I'm sure you'll find some far right wing website that made the connection. But in this case, the left was shooting more bullets at the right then were fired by that nut job in AZ. I am glad you agree they (democrats) were wrong to do that....finally we agree on something!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I guess the real question is what percentage of the listeners to those respective programs do take them seriously? Ever listen to some of the call-in listeners on Savage's show, or Rush's show? Do they sound entertained, or furious? Can you honestly say those listeners are similar to those that will listen to James Thurber's humor being read? Really?
    Depends on who's reading. If they're reading Thurber in one segment and calling Bush a fascist, attacking Palin's daughter, or making "truther" allusions in another then, yes, I'd have to say so.

    Speaking of truthers, was Loughner a.... oh yes, that's right... he was just mentally ill.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Depends on who's reading. If they're reading Thurber in one segment and calling Bush a fascist, attacking Palin's daughter, or making "truther" allusions in another then, yes, I'd have to say so.

    Speaking of truthers, was Loughner a.... oh yes, that's right... he was just mentally ill.
    I admit to being OT, but I haven't mentioned one thing about the shooter. All I have said is that words matter, and in my opinion, anyone who talks about strangling people they disagree with, or taking Harry Reid out, or taking out a newspaper editor, is out of line. And the same goes for either side of the aisle. But some people can't agree to that, and that's unfortunate, because those comments add nothing but more anger. It's actually pitiful.
  17. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I admit to being OT, but I haven't mentioned one thing about the shooter. All I have said is that words matter, and in my opinion, anyone who talks about strangling people they disagree with, or taking Harry Reid out, or taking out a newspaper editor, is out of line. And the same goes for either side of the aisle. But some people can't agree to that, and that's unfortunate, because those comments add nothing but more anger. It's actually pitiful.
    Part of the problem can be remedied when you select examples for your points. You may say it goes for both sides of the aisles but you only select high profile Conservative examples. So, yes, you say the rule applies to "both" sides (of course there aren't really only two sides but we'll go with it for the sake of argument) but apparently you only see it on one side. So let me just ask rather than assume, can you see it on "your" side?
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Part of the problem can be remedied when you select examples for your points. You may say it goes for both sides of the aisles but you only select high profile Conservative examples. So, yes, you say the rule applies to "both" sides (of course there aren't really only two sides but we'll go with it for the sake of argument) but apparently you only see it on one side. So let me just ask rather than assume, can you see it on "your" side?
    Yes, just not nearly to the extent that I see it on the other side. Scrambling to find an example about someone targeting a program is lame. Saying if your opponents bring a knife, then you bring a gun, is not good. But I honestly cannot say that anything I have seen from democrats match up to the three examples I was able to come up with off the top of my head. And I'm not talking about Palin's "crosshairs". That's just hyperbole. Carl Paladino on the other hand was sincerely threatening. Wearing guns to political meetings is threatening, because I'm sure you're not naive enough to think that it was only about the fact that the rights exist. It is an attempt to intimidate, and I think you're too smart to deny that. Just be realistic and honest about who has been more extreme. It would suit you.
  19. #99  
    The fact that this became political so quickly only goes to prove how worthless humanity is at the core.

    Seriously, screw everyone who jumped on either bandwagon.

    Tragedy like this is not meant to be conducive to finger-pointing, it's meant to be a reminder of how broken everything really is and how it needs fixing.
    Last edited by IGNTNUNLMTD; 01/16/2011 at 03:39 AM.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    The fact that this became political so quickly only goes to prove how worthless humanity is at the core.

    Seriously, screw everyone who jumped on either bandwagon.

    Tragedy like this is not meant to be conducive to finger-pointing, it's meant to be a reminder of how broken everything really is and how it needs fixing.
    Whether rhetoric had anything to do with it or not, if the event results in more reasonable discussions and can improve the quality of the discourse on both sides, then that's a step toward fixing things....right?

Posting Permissions