Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    As for me, I intend to avoid arguing with people who are not willing to accept the idea that compromise is a good thing. I may not always stick to that, but I intend to try. There's something to be said for the high road and I hope I can approach it.
    The problem with your idea of compromise is that some things simply can not be compromised. There are many examples....but one that comes to mind is abortion. For most on either side, there really is no compromise. That is but one example. Both sides are guilty of the ole "reaching across the aisle" statement that really means the side in control believes that to compromise means that the minority should agree with the majority. That is not compromise. That ridiculous made for TV show where the democrats acted like they were reaching out to the Republicans on health care was nothing more than an attempt to make it look like democrats were trying to "reach across the aisle", to compromise. There was really no attempt at compromise, just an attempt to be able to shake their heads when Republicans discussed their ideas. It was simply a show.

Speaking of violence, I was hopeful that some liberal in here would have come out with a strong statement against the "doctor" in Philly who was killing babies by jabbing scissors in the back of their necks if they unfortunatley had been born alive. A nut job shoots people in AZ and the media and liberals try and connect him to the Tea Party or some Conservative and it can't be done.....but a doctor in Philly does some amazingly disturbing things to live babies and very little reaction by the left. Is this not odd? I have no idea on what side politically this guy (should I really call him a doctor?) is on, but there should be outrage regarding this. Are his abortion practices the result of crazed abortion right folks?

Abortion Clinic Patients Report Brutal Treatment - WSJ.com

P.S. Yes davidra, this is from the WSJ, the same WSJ you quoted from recently.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Yeah....thanks for pointing out the attitude that I intend to avoid. Perfect.
    elmstreetdream likes this.
    Yeah....thanks for pointing out the attitude that I intend to avoid. Perfect.
    Funny....I'll wait to see your reaction when the next nut job goes and shoots an abortion doctor. Something tells me your attitude will be much different. Certainly the media would be all over that. I hope it doesn't happen, but will be interesting to see how it plays out. Your profession certainly has some nut jobs in it.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    getting more off topic its funny how we can single out one doc for bad behavior (totally agree with that asessment btw) but when a doctor from our own forum spends a couple months time volunteering in Haiti helping the victims, not a word of thanks. Kind of ironic isnt it Anyway I appreciate what you did davidra, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    getting more off topic its funny how we can single out one doc for bad behavior (totally agree with that asessment btw) but when a doctor from our own forum spends a couple months time volunteering in Haiti helping the victims, not a word of thanks. Kind of ironic isnt it Anyway I appreciate what you did davidra, thanks.
    Wasn't quite that long, and I have really not discussed it in the forum other than one brief comment after the first trip a year ago. It's really not that pertinent, but thanks for the mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I believe I have applauded davidra for that....and was sincere in those comments. I think doctors, dentists, and other medical professionals are in a very unique position to use their medical skills to do many good things in 3rd world countries. So while davidra and I disagree on about every possible political issue, I do believe he has a good heart. If you go back and look at his posts and my posts, I think you will find that his personal attacks of me far outweigh comments I've made about him personally. But as I've said countless times, I don't take personal attacks in Forums by people I don't know too seriously. Why should anyone?

And, btw, I don't believe I ever compared davidra to the Philly baby killer, did I? Hey daThomas, aren't you going to start a thread about this evil Philly doctor? You seem to get really fired up when someone takes innocent lives, but you seem rather quiet on babies getting stabbed with scissors. Oh wait, was this doctor not a Conservative?

I didn't realize he was acknowledged- I guess I was not following at the time. Sorry about that.
    Tried to start a new "thread", but apparently I haven't posted enough to do so? What? Anyway, where is the outrage from the left on this "honor killing" by the Muslim "father" running down his daughter in AZ? And why do liberals hesitate to attack Muslims but will go after Christians in a skinny minute? Can you imagine if this had been a Christian father who ran down his daughter for not reading her Bible daily? Good grief, the left would be all over that story. Also, should we ban all Jeep vehicles since the father used his Jeep to kill someone? I am tired of Muslims being treated with white gloves.

Muslim father 'ran over daughter, 20, for becoming too Westernised' | Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Tried to start a new "thread", but apparently I haven't posted enough to do so? What? Anyway, where is the outrage from the left on this "honor killing" by the Muslim "father" running down his daughter in AZ? And why do liberals hesitate to attack Muslims but will go after Christians in a skinny minute? Can you imagine if this had been a Christian father who ran down his daughter for not reading her Bible daily? Good grief, the left would be all over that story. Also, should we ban all Jeep vehicles since the father used his Jeep to kill someone? I am tired of Muslims being treated with white gloves.

Muslim father 'ran over daughter, 20, for becoming too Westernised' | Mail Online
    I have pretty much decided not to respond to inane inflammatory threads, but it's so hard not to. So you are saying that the "left", however you describe it, is supportive of this kind of killing? Who told you that? Michelle Bachmann? And as usual, you defame "Muslims" in general for the behavior of one parent. That's no different than defaming Christianity for the explosives work of Eric Rudolph.
    Can't post? Maybe the board is trying to tell you something about the worthiness of your posts. I am going to do my best not to respond to the kind of posts we have come to expect from you. I'm sure that will make you feel just fine. Me too.
    I have pretty much decided not to respond to inane inflammatory threads, but it's so hard not to. So you are saying that the "left", however you describe it, is supportive of this kind of killing? Who told you that? Michelle Bachmann? And as usual, you defame "Muslims" in general for the behavior of one parent. That's no different than defaming Christianity for the explosives work of Eric Rudolph.
    Can't post? Maybe the board is trying to tell you something about the worthiness of your posts. I am going to do my best not to respond to the kind of posts we have come to expect from you. I'm sure that will make you feel just fine. Me too.
    Once again....you go into an attack mode on clemgrad85, I guess it could be said you have a "target" on me? Not sure why you constantly attack me. All I said was that when one of those crazy attacks comes from someone that appears to be either connected to the right or from a Christian organization, the liberals relish at attacking these groups. I simply ask the question, why is it that when a Muslim performs an "honor" killing there is literally nothing heard from the liberals. This isn't the first time, another Muslim "father" killed his two daughters for dating non-muslims in Dallas: Muslim father kills 2 daughters for dating non-muslims | Newsnet 14 I think what might be frustrating for you, is you can't come up with a reasonable answer....and I certainly understand that would frustrate you. Now, can you reply without attacking me? For someone who pledged to be more civil...a kinder, gentler davidra?...you sure have a funny way of showing it. LOL If little ole clemgrad85, someone you don't even know, can get you so outraged, well....you might want to visit your local psychologist and work on that rage issue.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Let's avoid the personal attacks, guys. Thanks.
    Believe me, Clemgrad, rage is the last thing I feel for you. I'll let it go at that. End of discussion on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Let's avoid the personal attacks, guys. Thanks.
    Have no reason to attack davidra....but if you read his replies to any of my comments, there is a definite attack mode there from him....odd. But, whatever, I find them more amusing than anything.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I think this thread has about run it's course.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910