Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is a lunar eclipse tonight, read all about it here...

Solstice Lunar Eclipse - NASA Science

The eclipse begins on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st, at 1:33 am EST (Monday, Dec. 20th, at 10:33 pm PST). At that time, Earth's shadow will appear as a dark-red bite at the edge of the lunar disk. It takes about an hour for the "bite" to expand and swallow the entire Moon. Totality commences at 02:41 am EST (11:41 pm PST) and lasts for 72 minutes.
    Anyway, I am taking photos of it tonight, and I decided I would share them here for anyone who may be interested.

The first picture I have uploaded is a pre-eclipse photo, I was trying to get a good feel of how to photograph the moon and I think I have it figured out. Here is the first photo of more to come tonight.

I will be the first to say I do not have professional equipment, but I make do with what I have. I am using an Canon EOS Digital REBEL XT, 8.0 MP. The lens is a Canon telephoto lens 70-300 mm 1:4 - f/5.6.

300 mm, ISO 1600, f/16, 1/800 sec

Last edited by squeezy; 12/21/2010 at 02:36 AM.
    when does it start eclipsing
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Here you go

The eclipse begins on Tuesday morning, Dec. 21st, at 1:33 am EST (Monday, Dec. 20th, at 10:33 pm PST). At that time, Earth's shadow will appear as a dark-red bite at the edge of the lunar disk. It takes about an hour for the "bite" to expand and swallow the entire Moon. Totality commences at 02:41 am EST (11:41 pm PST) and lasts for 72 minutes.
    And it was rainy and overcast here, today, so probably won't be able to see anything!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I would love to see it but unfortunately there will be nothing to see in my area but black clouds and rain.
    It also says the best time to look, for the best effect and colors, is 3:17 Eastern or 12:17 Pacific.
  7.    #7  
    If you guys miss it, you can come here, hopefully I will have some halfway decent looking shots
    Okay, we all KNOW I had to post this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    If you guys miss it, you can come here, hopefully I will have some halfway decent looking shots
    That would be cool! WA and not in a good area to see that sort of thing! LOL
    hey what time is that est !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey what time is that est !!!!!
    What Squeezy listed in his post, in response to your original time question is Eastern, that's what EST stands for: Eastern Standard Time.
    Last edited by verwon; 12/20/2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    What Squeezy listed in his post, in response to your original time question is Eastern, that's what EST stands for: Easter Standard Time.
    Not Easter (where bunnies **** eggs) Eastern Standard Time which is offten missused during daylight savings... EST does not change in summer, EDT is used during daylight savings to denote EST, but an hour off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Not Easter (where bunnies **** eggs) Eastern Standard Time which is offten missused during daylight savings... EST does not change in summer, EDT is used during daylight savings to denote EST, but an hour off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    LOL! Typo fixed!

I lived there for over 38 years.
    Damn that's late... I'll stil be awake though!
    ^^Nightowl!
  16.    #16  
    I know I am going to be looking forward to staying up all night then getting just enough sleep to no drag *** at work at 9 am, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    ^^Nightowl!
    Yep. I'm definitely a night person! I prefer a bedtime of around 6am lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yep. I'm definitely a night person! I prefer a bedtime of around 6am lol
    Such has been noticed. I frequently did that when I lived on the East Coast, when I moved West, I finally felt like I was in the right time zone. LOL
    Nice pic squeezy! Did you know the last lunar eclipse to occur on a winter solstice was over 450 years or so ago?
  20.    #20  
    Thanks! I too thought that was interesting.

I am just finishing the ceremonial pit where we make our sacrifices and the orgy room is coming along very nicely!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast