Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Very nice! What camera and settings are you using? I would love to know how to get the grain out if possible.

Nevermind, I figured it out from the metadata, I'm going to give those settings a shot and see if I get a better exposure. Thanks for posting, great shot, again!

I've just left my camera out there, it's changing so much, almost all black.
    Last edited by squeezy; 12/21/2010 at 01:19 AM.
    You can just barely see it, here. With the clouds, it's a blur, but you can tell it's an eclipse.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    very cool
    pics?
    Or is it even possible.
  5. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    its much harder to photograph now because there is less light. I dont really feel like bring out my tripod and even if i did, the movement of the moon makes for blurry pics at the speeds necessary at lower iso
    Oh,
    and thanks for keeping the 80's alive.
    Up here in Oregon they have a Radio Station called 'The Brew'...
    Big Hair 80's Kicks.
  7.    #47  
    R E is correct, but I here is one I tried on anyway, blurry, but gives those who cannot see it a good idea.

Nice, thanks, Squeezy!
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    R E is correct, but I here is one I tried on anyway, blurry, but gives those who cannot see it a good idea.

Awesome!
  10.    #50  

seeing it from my front window, just finished coding using eclipse and got to see an eclipse
    The clouds have completely rolled in here, so it can't be seen at all, anymore.

Awesome pics, squeezy!
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    seeing it from my front window, just finished coding using eclipse and got to see an eclipse
    Very meta
    The moon looks so awesome right now.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Oh well. Thought I might get lucky but the rain hasn't stopped all day.

Great job on the pictures, squeezy.
    squeezy: nice pix, but a few things. keep ISO down to 100 initially. Go up to maybe around 400 during full eclipse. you can go to f/11 from f/16. decrease shutter speed during full eclipse. might need to bust out tripod. manual focus may be necessary. spot metering (or partial metering if you don't have spot). Good job keeping it at 300mm.
  17.    #57  
    Thanks for the tips, I've taken note of them for the next time I take some pics of the sky at night. Now time to get 4 hours of rest before work, good night all!

Superb! So nice of you to post them, squeezy! Very much appreciated.
    I know it's kinda late to be commenting on this, but Squeezy, great pictures.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123