Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Craziest things you've ever eaten -
  2.    #2  
    And don't say Llllama meat!!
    I tried a frog's leg once, and it DID taste like chicken...but I was reminded of a cartoon I'd seen not too long before that and I felt rather guilty

I ate a chicken foot at a Phillipino birthday party. An awful lot of bones, 17 or so if I remember correctly, and no, it didn't taste like chicken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Balot. Nuff said.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    And don't say Llllama meat!!
    Ok... that sounded soooooo wrong LOL

Even though some think it's a delicacy, I think calamari is gross. Outside of that, I've eaten crickets, a spider, snake, and some various other insects at a gourmet event in Chicago for a fundraiser. They were all prepared by specialty chefs, but the spider made me want to slit my wrists first.
    sheep brains in Dubai

and Foie gras which I also consider to be equally bizarre/nasty....

but Micael is the clear winner. eeewwwww.
    Alpaca ... does a body ummmmm ummm good !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    calamari if it's done right, with a light, crunchy batter, some diced red onionsand tzatziki sauce....phenom!! I have had 2 different varieties,some they use rather large squid and the rings of calamari you get look like onion rings, I don't care for that kind. The good kind come from the babies, very small rings and some times they throw in whole baby squid that are about the size of your thumb, maybe smaller. Far less rubbery
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Balot. Nuff said.
    You win hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    calamari if it's done right, with a light, crunchy batter, some diced red onionsand tzatziki sauce....phenom!! I have had 2 different varieties,some they use rather large squid and the rings of calamari you get look like onion rings, I don't care for that kind. The good kind come from the babies, very small rings and some times they throw in whole baby squid that are about the size of your thumb, maybe smaller. Far less rubbery
    I had some good calamari not too long ago at a seafood restaurant in uptown Charlotte. I'd say it was the 'baby calamari' that you described. I had only tried it a couple times before that, but my most recent experience definitely confirmed that I like it.
    This discussion reminds me of that scene in the Temple of Doom movie.

"Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Calamari, DID NOT LIKE!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    lol vza I was watching last weeks Amazing Race and the food eating challenge they had to do reminded me of the same thing lol
    Calamari, squid, but I like octopus best. My 3 year old loves it.

Chicken foot, gator, iguana (broke a molar), roo, austrich, shark, all kinds of insects. Lot of snake (blood shots at your table) in Vietnam.

But the strangest thing... I honestly wouldn't know.

EDIT: I didn't know what balot/balut was until I looked it up. Saw it once on tv. Never... No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Balot. Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Calamari, squid, but I like octopus best. My 3 year old loves it.

Chicken foot, gator, iguana (broke a molar), roo, austrich, shark, all kinds of insects. Lot of snake (blood shots at your table) in Vietnam.

But the strangest thing... I honestly wouldn't know.

EDIT: I didn't know what balot/balut was until I looked it up. Saw it once on tv. Never... No way.
    I had to look it up also. Lol, and I found some other interesting things to not eat.
    The 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World | Cracked.com
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Haha.. #4 of that list is one I've had several times. I'm from an area of WI with a ton of Norwegians who LOVE their Lutefisk (one neighbor town has Lutefisk Days every year). I think I wiped all memories of eating that crazy crap until that article. Thanks for bringing back the memories of that horrible taste and consistency. Gonna go purge now...

Who the heck thinks up these crazy things to eat? Do people with no vowels in their names sit around looking at baby mice thinking.. 'hey, lets try to make a wine out of those!'
    BTW, brains have a texture similar to avocado. I don't mean avocado dip, I mean just the raw fruit. Feels really gross in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    BTW, brains have a texture similar to avocado. I don't mean avocado dip, I mean just the raw fruit. Feels really gross in your mouth.
    Yes, I thought the same thing back when I was a ZOMBIE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast