Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    You know, those days when you say to yourself; 'Five years from now, ten years from now, I'm gonna do this, accomplish that', etc etc etc...
    (The answer to; 'Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?')

    Are you "where" you thought you'd be? Or is that still in front of you.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/29/2010 at 04:10 PM.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #2  
    I personally made a point of setting low expectations for myself in order to avoid damaging my self esteem at a later date.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I personally made a point of setting low expectations for myself in order to avoid damaging my self esteem at a later date.
    Good answer.
  4. #4  
    In five years I will be running the palm unit of HP.

    Just you wait and see.
  5. #5  
    No, because I did not picture myself divored, to be honest, I didn't believe in it and didn't think it was any type of solution.

    I was, however, driven to it and left with no other choice.

    All's well, though, because I am now happier than I've ever been.

    And, if I was still married, I know I'd never have been able to get a Palm Pre, therefore, I wouldn't know of this site and have such awesome friends!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6. #6  
    my 5 year plan was to be a total disappointment. I am ahead of schedule.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, because I did not picture myself divored, to be honest, I didn't believe in it and didn't think it was any type of solution.

    I was, however, driven to it and left with no other choice.

    All's well, though, because I am now happier than I've ever been.

    And, if I was still married, I know I'd never have been able to get a Palm Pre, therefore, I wouldn't know of this site and have such awesome friends!
    Aww, Buttercup...

  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    my 5 year plan was to be a total disappointment. I am ahead of schedule.
    lol lol
  9. #9  
    I'm doing exactly what I said I was !! Just not as much as I said I would !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm doing exactly what I said I was !! Just not as much as I said I would !!
    I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with turtles.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I have always thought that it was better not to have firm goals but, rather, directions I wanted to go: more financial security, better general health, more expertise in whatever. Whether or not you can achieve goals depends on a lot of external factors that you can't control - like the economy. However, directions are usually more definable and measurable.
    EXCELLENT answer.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Aww, Buttercup...



    I'd rather have the people in my life that I do now! It's fantastic!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. #13  
    @ 25 I had a nervous breakdown because I had not accomplished anything I had "envisioned" I would do back in HS and was "behind schedule" according to my mindset at the time.

    Since then, I just dont give a f*** LOL ltm ltm and have been better off for that mindset.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    You know, those days when you say to yourself; 'Five years from now, ten years from now, I'm gonna do this, accomplish that', etc etc etc...
    (The answer to; 'Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?')

    Are you "where" you thought you'd be? Or is that still in front of you.
    Which time? Eh, never mind, the answer would still be no. You see, the difference between failure and success is a simple change of plans. I'm not so much a failure as I am flexible.
  15. #15  
    5 years ago I got married and wanted to have a kid with the WifeNotFromNam.
    GirlFromNam is a happy three yr old.
    Yeah I'm there.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    5 years ago I got married and wanted to have a kid with the WifeNotFromNam.
    GirlFromNam is a happy three yr old.
    Yeah I'm there.
    A girl!? Just you wait! LOL
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    A girl!? Just you wait! LOL
    Could you imagine if I'd have had a girl?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    A girl!? Just you wait! LOL
    You know her. You've seen her on video, remember?
  19. Slow_S10's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #19  
    Lets see, 10 years ago I was in USMC Boot Camp. Fresh out of high school, I had no real idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was planning on going to college to get a degree in some sort of scientific field. I never dreamed that I would be married with Kids 10 short years later.

    5 years ago I had been married for about a year and a half and I was deployed to Iraq. Missing my family and my wife and all I cared about at the time was getting home and wondering what I would do for work once I got out of the military the next August. I hoped to buy a house and move out of our tiny craphole apartment.

    Well I never did go to college, I moved out of that craphole apartment into a much nicer apartment and then a year later we bought a house. I now have 2 kids, my son two and a half, and our daughter who was just born this month. I have to say that I never really had plans for my life so much as hopes and ideas. Some of them came true some I am still working on but I could not be happier with how my life has turned out so far. And all I could wish for in the next 5 or 10 years is continued health for myself and my family and that we can keep doing what we are doing... because it works for us.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004

Posting Permissions