1.    #1  
    Thanks to the fruits of my first (and probably last) Black Friday shopping, I obtained this Sony Bravia 46" LED TV. I am going to mount it on my wall above the fireplace and I want a full-motion mount so that I can see the tv when I or my wife is cooking in the kitchen. The kitchen is perpendicular to the wall that it will be mounted on, so I need the tv to swivel out some (doesnt need to be a 45 degree angle thanks to the viewing angles of these tv's).

Now, after much research, I have steered away from the $400+ models that Best Buy offers. I have found one under my $200 budget at CompUSA that seems to be ideal. But I only have one real review to go from. However, the cheaper ones at Monoprice.com (that fabulous company that saves me $ on HDMI cables) seem to have more reviews and a lot of them are positive. Those reviews also state how solid and sturdy the mounts are. And considering Monoprice's quality of their other products, I would imagine that its worthy to hold my TV.

Are there any other things to consider? Any opinions about either one of those mounts? Anything better given my price limitation of $200?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    How much does your TV weigh? If it us under about 130 lbs, you can but so many different mounts. Most of which are sturdy. I got one for a 32" flat screen for $10 that is almost two years old now and has worked flawlessly. Here is an example mount you can get for way under $200:

Walmart.com: Planet 3 Double-Arm Articulating Wall Mount for 37" to 63" Flat-Panel TVs, 66306: TV & Video

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    i have one for my 32 inch vizio and it works just fine, and it was like 20 bucks with free shipping. i got mine from monoprice, i would go there
  4.    #4  
    The specs say 41 lbs, but I will put it on a scale when I get home. It also says that its VESA 300 x 300, which may not line up with the monoprice one that I listed above.

I am glad to hear some more good testimonials regarding their mounts. The double-arm design looks interesting...definitely more sturdy than the single arm, but not as flexible. But I guess I dont need all of the flexibility of the single arm...as long as it turns to the left enough for me to see it.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    First place I always check for deals on accessories like wall mounts is HERE. I've been able to get great deals every time I am ready to shop.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    First place I always check for deals on accessories like wall mounts is HERE. I've been able to get great deals every time I am ready to shop.
    A few of those deals include monoprice.com. I'm starting to feel better about monoprice.
  7.    #7  
    With some help from the monoprice staff, I chose this mount for my application. For the price, I figured that I could gamble.

The installation was pretty easy, despite the 'translated by Google' directions. Take note that you will need two people to mount it to the wall. Its heavy, and awkward. I am 6'9", with plenty of meat on my bones and I had to call the wife in to help me get it mounted to the wall. The mount is definitely sturdy and I love the articulation. But there isnt really any fancy cord management, which isnt too bad for me. I will see how it holds up over the next year or so.

Now, if only I can figure out if I can get one of these GoogleTV remotes to pair with my TV...entering text via T9 is BS for an internet-connected tv! Here are some pics of my setup.

Nice!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  9.    #9  
    Thanks! It took about 2 hrs only bcuz I planned exactly where I wanted the tv. I measured where the tv would sit once on the mount. I drew out a diagram that showed me where I could mount the mount due to wood stud availability & desired position. I'm pretty happy myself.