1.    #1  
    I "aquired" this movie a few months back expecting to see the one with Martin Lawrence, Danny Glover, Chris Rock etc and ended up getting an older version with a British cast. I watched it anyway, the movie was hilarious. Last night, the newer one was on one of the movie channels, so I decided to watch it, and compare the two.

First off, I can't recall any movie that has been re-made in such a short time frame, 4 years from original to remake. That was a little surprising.

The storyline(of course), the acting, the sets, near identical. Even the "vertically challenged" guy that shows up with the photos.....was the same actor as in the original movie. ( I kinda thought that was weird, but good for him, he already knew his roles and was an easy paycheck for him, kudo's to him for that )

I thought the British one was the better of the two. Maybe because I saw it first, but the guy that accidentally swallows the acid/mesculine pills(not Valium) was by far a better actor, and he really did make that movie.

Either movie is worth watching, the plot is downright funny, but I would suggest the British one.

Anyone else see both versions and want to compare?

Anyone think of any other movies that were re-made in that short(or close) of time?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I haven't seen the original but I thought the remake is hilarious
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    The original was very funny. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. I haven't and probably won't watch the remake for two reasons: first, I rarely like any Martin Lawrence movie. In fact, I think the original Bad Boys was his last movie that I actually enjoyed. Second, I thought remaking a movie so soon after the original and which was so identical to the original was pretty cheesy. I didn't actually see any point in watching it.
    I Didnt Know There Was An Original. Interesting. I Will Def. Look Into That.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    There are many remakes where both versions are actually quite good. A notable example is Infernal Affairs and The Departed. Of course, unlike Death at a Funeral, these movies were actually filmed in different settings, in different languages, with a different script and some variations in detail.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    The original had me laughing hysterically, I haven't seen the remake. I can't imagine the remake being any better than the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    There are many remakes where both versions are actually quite good. A notable example is Infernal Affairs and The Departed. Of course, unlike Death at a Funeral, these movies were actually filmed in different settings, in different languages, with a different script and some variations in detail.
    Loved them both, excellent movies.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I thought that the original was better. I thought that first and foremost, the first one was better cast, whereas I thought that the second one just tried to sell with star power instead of good casting. I would give the edge to the first one for that very reason.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Yeah IA and Departed were awesome. I haven't seen the full IA trilogy yet, but I actually thought the first one was better than Departed. It was a lot more dramatic and got more story done quicker.
    I didn't see the original, but I didn't like the remake. It seemed to me that they just tried to cram a bunch of funny people into the movie without considering how they would work together. What resulted was a bunch of 'over selling' the gags. It was painful to watch.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I didn't see the original, but I didn't like the remake. It seemed to me that they just tried to cram a bunch of funny people into the movie without considering how they would work together. What resulted was a bunch of 'over selling' the gags. It was painful to watch.
    I can see that, especially seeing the original first. After seeing it, I was skeptical on whether or not they were in fact the same movie, rare that a movie gets re-made in that short of a timeframe. Essentially the same movie, even the "surprise guest" was the same actor, which was a little weird in itself. Try 2007 version, if you can, and you will see a funny movie with little known(to me) actors, although the guy on the "Valium" was in Knight's Tale.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel