Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by yardie
    Its funny how we believe in science when it is convenient for us (cure for diseases etc.)...but not when it is not (i.e. proof that global warming exist).
    Hilarious! He even believes that "science" supports Kyoto!
    The last time I read about this issue in the newspaper *most* scientists believe that global warming does exists... Heck if the Bush's EPA admit just a few short months ago that it exists...but that innovations will put a check on it or something to that effect.

Originally posted by John Nowak

Hilarious! He even believes that "science" supports Kyoto!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by Toby
    And if the Democrats had any real evidence that Saddam wasn't a threat and the Bushies are trumping up nothing, one would think they'd release it.
    It is the President's responsibility to prove that Iraq is a threat to the U.S. -- not the Democrats to prove that it is not. So far there has been no smoking gun... certainly nothing to galvanize significant American and international support

As far Lieberman, I think he is in the wrong party... and hi support for the war is dubious. I wonder if Israel's support for an attack has anything to do with it?
    Yes, like the himan body, the earth is a living entity... and like the human body is susceptible to excessive stress. In this case the stress would be pollution and environmental degradation. The "immune" system of the planet cannot cope with the stress being placed on it by humans anymore.

As for the resolution question. There are both General Assembly and Security Security resolutions on the books. This site has a couple of them: http://christianactionforisrael.org/un/resolutions.html

Originally posted by Toby
    [B] The planet is a 'living' entity that changes and evolves just like everything else. When we get to be a level 1 society, let me know, and then I'll be concerned.Personally, that wouldn't matter much to me. I more concerned about other man-trying-to-control-nature projects that have failed causing coastal erosion in my 'back yard'.
    The last time I read about this issue in the newspaper *most* scientists believe that global warming does exists...
    Oo -- goodie! Did your newspaper explain who the troposphere is not getting hotter, as is required by General Circulation Models? Did it explain why Antarctica is getting colder, again contradicting the GCMs that Kyoto is based on? Did it mention how the sun is unusually active right now? Did it point out how the Vikings were farming Greenland back around 1000 AD?

Did anyone ever sell a newspaper with a story reading "There is No Crisis?"
    I am saying that IF the U.S. is going to be the world's policeman and enforce U.N resolutions -- then it should do so for very country -- not just the ones they dislike.
    Fine. Instead of whining, vote with your money, your military, and your childrens' lives. The US military is, properly, an instrument of US policy. We are not a colony any more. Deal with it.

The U.S would get a lot more respect and support if it stop being two faced.
    Europe would get a lot more respect and support if it was right once in a while.
    As far Lieberman... and hi support for the war is dubious. I wonder if Israel's support for an attack has anything to do with it?
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Same thing as JFK shouldn't be Pres. because of his allegiance to the Pope?
    It is the President's responsibility to prove that Iraq is a threat to the U.S. -- not the Democrats to prove that it is not. So far there has been no smoking gun... certainly nothing to galvanize significant American and international support
    He has by all accounts proven it enough to Congress to get an endorsement to back it up.
    As far Lieberman, I think he is in the wrong party...
    On what grounds? Diane Feinstein has said similar things. Do you think _she's_ in the wrong party too? That's laughable.
    and hi support for the war is dubious. I wonder if Israel's support for an attack has anything to do with it?
    I guess you missed my comment to that effect. Regardless, it seems odd that Israel would want to attack a country which it doesn't consider a threat.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Yes, like the himan body, the earth is a living entity...
    No, not quite like the human body.
    and like the human body is susceptible to excessive stress.
    Most of the excessive stresses in humans are self-inflicted.
    In this case the stress would be pollution and environmental degradation. The "immune" system of the planet cannot cope with the stress being placed on it by humans anymore.
    Horse puckey. The planet will do fine. It has survived single events which have inflicted more damage than all of human history combined. It will survive us too. If you want to argue that people need to take care of things for their _own_ sake, fine. At worst, we're a case of the sniffles where the planet is concerned.
    As for the resolution question. There are both General Assembly and Security Security resolutions on the books. This site has a couple of them: http://christianactionforisrael.org/un/resolutions.html
    It seems to me that the overwhelming majority of those Security Council resolutions would require military action against the Palestinians as well if we sent troops in.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Same thing as JFK shouldn't be Pres. because of his allegiance to the Pope?
    Exactly the same thing.

Yes, exactly. Anti-semitism is now politically correct.
    So are you telling me that the majority of scientists dont know what they are talking about?

If Antarctica is getting colder why is it that chunks of it the size of some states are falling off?

Oo -- goodie! Did your newspaper explain who the troposphere is not getting hotter, as is required by General Circulation Models? Did it explain why Antarctica is getting colder, again contradicting the GCMs that Kyoto is based on? Did it mention how the sun is unusually active right now? Did it point out how the Vikings were farming Greenland back around 1000 AD?

Did anyone ever sell a newspaper with a story reading "There is No Crisis?"
    I did not say the Lieberman should not be prez.

The point that I was trying to make is that I have yet to meet a meet a Jewish person who oppose war with Iraq.

Huh?

Where is the anti-semitism? It is really sad that people cannot say anything about Jews or Israel without being labeled an anti-semite.

Yes, exactly. Anti-semitism is now politically correct.
    I'm pretty sure JFK souldn't be Pres. because he's been dead for almost forty years.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  16.    #76  
    Originally posted by Yorick

I'm pretty sure JFK souldn't be Pres. because he's been dead for almost forty years.
    But he can run for the senate in Missouri. :-)
    The point that I was trying to make is that I have yet to meet a meet a Jewish person who oppose war with Iraq.
    I interpreted it to be that you were making assumptions about how a person's political views are based on their religion.
    Originally posted by Yorick

Must you be so closed-minded?!?
    a dead president would probably be an improvement over an astute politician who can't keep his hands to himself (clinton) or a president who is still clinging to daddy (bush II).

Anyone see yesterday's Boondocks strip? Waa-a-a-a-y over the line but that's what makes america great.. people have the choice to read this often inflammatory comic strip, make up their own minds about its subject matter and respond accordingly (post it on the wall or use it to line the bird's cage) (I've attached it below)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by NeilMcD
    a dead president would probably be an improvement over an astute politician who can't keep his hands to himself (clinton) or a president who is still clinging to daddy (bush II).

Anyone see yesterday's Boondocks strip? Waa-a-a-a-y over the line but that's what makes america great.. people have the choice to read this often inflammatory comic strip, make up their own minds about its subject matter and respond accordingly (post it on the wall or use it to line the bird's cage) (I've attached it below)
    Leave our man Bush alone, he is complicated. He will probably do more damage to the country globally (by riding the 9/11 wave), then any other president has in the past.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast