Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 377
  1. #121  
    Didn't read this entire thread.


    What do you feel is the best approach toward diminishing the threat of terrorism?
    How about not thinking we have the right to control the world and getting in everyone's business constantly?
  2.    #122  
    Hey, JLegacy, xForsaken didn't deserve you calling him an a -hole.

    Do everyone a favor and keep that teenage crap to yourself.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/26/2010 at 05:56 PM.
  3. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    How about not thinking we have the right to control the world and getting in everyone's business constantly?
    +1

    Llama - I take stereotyping personally, even if I'm not the one being stereotyped. If a person doesn't want to risk being insulted, then they shouldn't say something that's potentially offensive.

    The insult wasn't directed at xForsaken, it was directed at an anti-Islamic (Or anti-immigrant, whatever way you want to interpret what he said) attitude.
    Last edited by JLegacy; 11/26/2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    +1

    Llama - I take stereotyping personally, even if I'm not the one being stereotyped. If a person doesn't want to risk being insulted, then they shouldn't say something that's potentially offensive.

    The insult wasn't directed at xForsaken, it was directed at an anti-Islamic (Or anti-immigrant, whatever way you want to interpret what he said) attitude.
    I can't disagree with any post I've seen you make in this thread.
  5. #125  
    no problem Groovy..
    stereotyping,, isnt that exactly what many do to the west? we are all decadent. we are all gay.. we are all etc etc.. comon.. i never said we were right in being there,, i said dont try to do what you accuse us of doing. Some, and I mean some, feel that turning the great evil into another nation just like theirs.. it will take time, they admit that. i am not anti immigrant or anti islamic, i could care less what they are. I care about what I am. Why is it all right for a given person to come to my country and have one type or another background, and why should I be forced to give up what my country/traditions were built on. Here, lets put it this way, why should I have to give up seeing a christmas tree in town hall because it may cause some discomfort to someone of say Islamic background? hmmmm Are my feelings, beliefs, family history any less than theirs?
    As to the numbers of deaths of civilians in Afghanistan etc, hmmm it is a fact that in Pakistan right now, they are killing off the Suffi based islamics in wholesale slaughter. Bombing mosques, markets and so on.. how about the egypt or saudi arabia, where there is little to no acceptance of Christian beliefs,, but hey if we suggest that you have to remove your veil in the western world we are evil and deserve to be "slaughtered like a lamb" but hey thats our fault right...we did that.. ya I have said there have been civilian deaths, its a bloody war zone. Think about that.. when they develop a bullet or a bomb that knows when and where to hit with out hitting a civilian let me know...
    when i say glad handing i am not talking about trade, i am talking about hand outs.
    As to comparing the number of deaths in the twin towers to the numbers of civilian deaths so far in either iraq or Afghanistan is wrong. Yes, i believe the west was lied to about Iraq and wmds, yes going into Afghanistan was wrong. Placating the terrorists is stupid, reaching out to someone who will just as likely cut the hand off that is offering help is also stupid. I think we should pull out of those countries, right now.. I also think, that even if we did, they would continue to attack us. If not for one reason, another.
    If tomorrow micael discovers a miracle fuel, we no longer need oil, we would be to blame for their economic demise. They would again find a reason to attack us. Bottom line, others want what you have, period. These same people want to remake the great evil over, into something that is not an affront to their given beliefs. If you think that is stereotyping, take a look at history for the last 2000 or so years.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    +1

    Llama - I take stereotyping personally, even if I'm not the one being stereotyped. If a person doesn't want to risk being insulted, then they shouldn't say something that's potentially offensive.
    I don't think you understand. It's not up to you to decide who gets insulted and why.

    We have forum guidelines that we ask be followed so we can try and maintain an open and friendly place for dialogue here. If you can't abide by these, then please enjoy your right to move along to the other numerous flame forums the internet provides.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    If tomorrow micael discovers a miracle fuel, we no longer need oil, we would be to blame for their economic demise.
    Actually, if that happens... you and I are going to VEGAS BAYBEE!!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't think you understand. It's not up to you to decide who gets insulted and why.

    We have forum guidelines that we ask be followed so we can try and maintain an open and friendly place for dialogue here. If you can't abide by these, then please enjoy your right to move along to the other numerous flame forums the internet provides.
    But is it not an insult to stereotype people?
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    no problem Groovy..
    stereotyping,, isnt that exactly what many do to the west? we are all decadent. we are all gay.. we are all etc etc.. comon..
    Just because someone else does it doesn't make it right for you to do it. Nor does it make it right in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i never said we were right in being there,, i said dont try to do what you accuse us of doing. Some, and I mean some, feel that turning the great evil into another nation just like theirs.. it will take time, they admit that. i am not anti immigrant or anti islamic, i could care less what they are. I care about what I am. Why is it all right for a given person to come to my country and have one type or another background, and why should I be forced to give up what my country/traditions were built on. Here, lets put it this way, why should I have to give up seeing a christmas tree in town hall because it may cause some discomfort to someone of say Islamic background? hmmmm Are my feelings, beliefs, family history any less than theirs?
    You're clouding the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    As to the numbers of deaths of civilians in Afghanistan etc, hmmm it is a fact that in Pakistan right now, they are killing off the Suffi based islamics in wholesale slaughter. Bombing mosques, markets and so on.. how about the egypt or saudi arabia, where there is little to no acceptance of Christian beliefs,, but hey if we suggest that you have to remove your veil in the western world we are evil and deserve to be "slaughtered like a lamb" but hey thats our fault right...we did that.. ya I have said there have been civilian deaths, its a bloody war zone. Think about that.. when they develop a bullet or a bomb that knows when and where to hit with out hitting a civilian let me know...
    Just because someone else does it doesn't make it right for us to do it. Nor does it make it right in general.


    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    I also think, that even if we did, they would continue to attack us. If not for one reason, another.
    If tomorrow micael discovers a miracle fuel, we no longer need oil, we would be to blame for their economic demise. They would again find a reason to attack us. Bottom line, others want what you have, period.
    This is what we say to ourselves to make us feel better about what we do. It's BULLSH*T.


    People used to love our country.
    They would come here for the "American dream".
    They idolized us.

    Now, nothing could be further from reality.
    Our own allies flat out hate us.
    Even Canada is getting tired of us.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 11/27/2010 at 11:35 AM.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    So, your saying that its ok for them to attack our civillians, but not ok for us to attack theirs?
    Yup pretty much that's what I'm saying. There's this thing that was made years ago(1949) called The Geneva Convention (and I know you're going to retort that they don't follow it so why should we?)
    That isn't the point... the point is, your country signed it, you still have to follow it regardless of what the other side is doing.

    As already stated a little higher (or last page) the amount of civilian deaths caused by coalition forces is far higher than the 3000+ that were killed on 9/11.

    Whatever the numbers are, I don't know and don't feel like looking them up, you say eye for an eye....it appears, they have a whole lot of "eyes" to catch up on.

    I personally don't know what the answer is to the thread title, but I really don't think bombing the crap out of them is going to work. They have been at war for thousands of years. Soviet Russia was in there for 10 years or so before the whole 9/11 thing happened, they couldn't win. It's getting on 10 years now, and little to no progress has been made since that started. So, economically, how many more millions/billions/trillions are you willing to spend on a, what seems to be, endless war. That money isn't going to last forever, you can't just fire up the printing presses and make more without something to back it.

    As far as saying that once you kill enough of them, they will start to care, I doubt it. What you are implying is borderline genocide, something we fought against in WW2.

    Gotta run, lunchtime.
    Last edited by sledge007; 11/27/2010 at 03:46 PM.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    So, your saying that its ok for them to attack our civillians, but not ok for us to attack theirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Yup pretty much that's what I'm saying. There's this thing that was made years ago(1949) called The Geneva Convention (and I know you're going to retort that they don't follow it so why should we?)
    That isn't the point... the point is, your country signed it, you still have to follow it regardless of what the other side is doing.
    Moreover, there isn't a "their civilians". This is not one country. It is a group of people from different countries.
    Thus, killing civilians does nothing but full more hate.

    Either way it's wrong.
  12. #132  
    Originally Posted by xForsaken:
    i never said we were right in being there,, i said dont try to do what you accuse us of doing. Some, and I mean some, feel that turning the great evil into another nation just like theirs.. it will take time, they admit that. i am not anti immigrant or anti islamic, i could care less what they are. I care about what I am. Why is it all right for a given person to come to my country and have one type or another background, and why should I be forced to give up what my country/traditions were built on. Here, lets put it this way, why should I have to give up seeing a christmas tree in town hall because it may cause some discomfort to someone of say Islamic background? hmmmm Are my feelings, beliefs, family history any less than theirs?(end quote)

    I'm not sure what your background is or what you believe in. Don't take this the wrong way but your arguments sound very "White Pride" to me. If that isn't your belief, you might want to think about what you are saying, before you say it.

    I've dealt with those types of guys in the past, and they try, oh so hard with similar arguments, I've got more grit in me to know the difference between truth and propaganda.

    Again, if that is something that rubs you the wrong way.... that's the impression that I get, so you might want to choose your words a little more carefully next time.
  13. #133  
    hmmm ok,,, first im canadian,, lol,, second,, if they dont have civilians, why do they insist on kidnapping oooh lets see the french individuals, and demand things like ohhh i dont know,, no ban on the veil and what not.. I am not talking genocide, not even close,, look at their belief system, NO not their religion, their belief system. know your enemy is a theme that has come down thru the ages. white pride lolol no, pride in my country... in what it has stood for in the past, what it stands for in the present and what it stands for in the future. you are not dealing with a group, that even remotely thinks in the same way the western world does. I could care less about who my neighbor is.. american, first nations, british, french, jamacian, etc etc, nothing i like better than experiencing other cultures, immersing myself in them. I do my utmost to learn their traditions, languages and so on. I am Russian, Scottish, Irish in heritage. I am a Canadian first and foremost. I have a brother in law who is jamacian, and I love their daughter like she is my own. I could care less. Most importantly, I care about MY country, its traditions, its history,, its people. I have a problem with people coming here, demanding you me us change OUR traditions to suit them. I am also an atheist, I do not believe in the whole Christmas thing, or any thing else related to religion. However, I will argue, fight, defend, the right of a tradition/belief of that event. This includes the poor damn douglas fir that gets butchered every year covered in lights and tinsel, that has been removed because it hurts offends another group of people from another nation. I dont care which nation. This goes back to the RCMP hat, the formal smokie the bear hat that is part of that uniform. You remember this i hope, how it was ruled that certain individuals were not required to wear the whole uniform due to religious beliefs. Tell me, why is it ok for that, but not ok for me to say my traditions, and the traditions of the vast majority of Canadians less important? Replace "White Pride", with Canadian Proud. And answer the question, why are my or at least my family's traditions any less important than others? Why is my wife and family required to say Happy Holidays, instead of Merry Christmas??
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    hmmm ok,,, first im canadian,,
    sorry I didn't see where you were from on the mobile app

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    lol,, second,, if they dont have civilians, why do they insist on kidnapping oooh lets see the french individuals, and demand things like ohhh i dont know,, no ban on the veil and what not.. I am not talking genocide, not even close,, look at their belief system, NO not their religion, their belief system. know your enemy is a theme that has come down thru the ages.
    not sure what exactly you are getting at there....they DO have civilians....no one said they didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    white pride lolol no, pride in my country...
    ok fair enough...all I was saying is the way your words were put together, it sounded slanted that way to me. You say pride in your country, I have pride in my country

    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    in what it has stood for in the past, what it stands for in the present and what it stands for in the future. you are not dealing with a group, that even remotely thinks in the same way the western world does.
    of course they don't. They have been fighting for hundreds and thousands of years... They, compared to us, are dirt poor. They live with next to nothing. Those that help them, do so for their own interests, not for the "greater good". Do you think if Iraq had no oil, if Afghanistan had no poppies, we would be there? I'm willing to wager had neither of those been there, our interests would be severely less.


    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Most importantly, I care about MY country, its traditions, its history,, its people. I have a problem with people coming here, demanding you me us change OUR traditions to suit them.
    I agree with you on that statement, to a degree. They should be allowed to do their own thing, but they should also attempt to assimilate into our culture.


    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    I am also an atheist, I do not believe in the whole Christmas thing, or any thing else related to religion. However, I will argue, fight, defend, the right of a tradition/belief of that event. This includes the poor damn douglas fir that gets butchered every year covered in lights and tinsel, that has been removed because it hurts offends another group of people from another nation. I dont care which nation. This goes back to the RCMP hat, the formal smokie the bear hat that is part of that uniform. You remember this i hope, how it was ruled that certain individuals were not required to wear the whole uniform due to religious beliefs. Tell me, why is it ok for that, but not ok for me to say my traditions, and the traditions of the vast majority of Canadians less important? Replace "White Pride", with Canadian Proud. And answer the question, why are my or at least my family's traditions any less important than others? Why is my wife and family required to say Happy Holidays, instead of Merry Christmas??
    To answer your question, your traditions and mine are no less important. You are NOT required to say Happy Holidays, that's the great thing about our country...say what you want. I don't say Happy Holidays, it's Merry Christmas and that's about it.

    I guess the reason why I must have thought you were American was you kept bringing up 9/11. I don't recall how many terrorist attacks there have been in Canada. Pretty sure it's close to none. Not trying to take anything away from the severity and loss from what happened either.

    So you want an eye for an eye, whose army were you planning on sending? Ours...lol. What exactly was our contribution when the US first invade Iraq? 3 frigates? You mention those drones, pretty sure Canada doesn't have any of those. Our F-18's are looking at getting replaced with something else, our actual ground force army, is minimal, not to mention exhausted from Afghanistan, our Navy minimal, our Air Force minimal. I guess it's easier to volunteer someone else's army, I'm assuming the USA's, than our own.

    Your turn
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15. #135  
    I found this letter in my email archive...had it for awhile and thought I'd share it with you xForsaken:





    Congratulations to our fellow Canadians in Quebec who had the courage and conviction to exhibit their common sense in officially banning the hijab for certain transactions where identity is mandatory .... It's a start. It's a privilege to be allowed to immigrate and to live in this country....not a right. When this hit the e-news a few weeks ago, there was overwhelming support by the readers who AGREED with Quebec's action.


    The letter below says it all...keep it going

    A Letter to the Editor (excellent letter)
    So many letter writers have explained how this land is made up of immigrants. Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people why today's Canadian is not willing to accept the new kind of immigrant any longer.
    Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to Canada, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in Halifax and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new Canadian households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.
    Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labour laws to protect them. All they had were the skills, craftsmanship and desire they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.
    Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out.Canadians fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany, Italy, France, Japan, China, Czechoslovakia, Russia,Sweden,Poland and so many other places. None of these first generation Canadians ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Canadians fighting ******, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan. They were defending the Freedom as one people. When we liberated France, no one in those villages was looking for the Ukrainian-Canadian or the German-Canadian or the Irish-Canadian.The people of France saw only Canadians.
    And we carried one flag that represented our country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be a Canadian. They stirred the melting pot into one red and white bowl.
    And here we are in 2010 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes a Canadian passport and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being a Canadian is all about. Canadians have been very open-hearted and open-minded regarding immigrants, whether they were fleeing poverty, dictatorship, persecution, or whatever else makes us think of those aforementioned immigrants who truly did ADOPT our country, and our flag and our morals and our customs, and left their wars, hatred, and divisions behind. I believe that the immigrants who landed in Canada in the early 1900s deserve better than that for the toil, hard work and sacrifice those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags, fighting foreign battles on our soil, making Canadians change to suit their religions and cultures, and wanting to change our countries fabric by claiming discrimination when we do not give in to their demands.
    Its about time we get real and stand up for our forefathers rights, we are CANADIAN Lest we forget it I am a Native of this Country & proud of it!
    NO MORE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
    NO MORE not saying CHRISTMAS in stores and our schools!
    I Want my Canada of birth BACK

    P.S. -- Please pass this on to everyone you know!!!
    KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING!!
    Hope this letter is read by millions of people all across Canada!!


    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16. #136  
    tell that to the ACLU. Not sure if they are more offended by 'peace on earth' or by 'good will toward men'
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    tell that to the ACLU. Not sure if they are more offended by 'peace on earth' or by 'good will toward men'
    I could care less about the ACLU, but I do have some good friends who are french canadians who just got slandered above. And I have some good friends who wear turbans and veils who just got bashed too because they dont wear mountie hats or have a tree for the holiday. And I just heard about how we should send our drones and who cares about the civilians, they killed us so we should kill them. And to hear Christmas as somehow being the justification, its sadly ironic.

    Thats because Christmas is not a word that you force people you say, and its not a tree that you force people to display. Christmas is a time to promote peace on earth, not an excuse to promote war, and Christmas is a time for tolerance, for good will towards others, not a vehicle to cast aspersions on innocent people with different customs and beliefs.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I could care less about the ACLU, but I do have some good friends who are french canadians who just got slandered above.
    I went out of my way to find that. Would you care to elaborate on that because I didn't see anybody slander
    any French Canadians and I got a couple of good friends from there too.
  19. #139  
    Our gov. Had let most known cases of terrorism happen, so the best way to prevent it , is for our gov. To be happy.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions