1.    #21  
    What was the topic again?
    groping at airports
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    What was the topic again?
    Sorry. This whole thing is humorous to me though. I'll behave now
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    groping at airports
    Actually, no-

What do you feel is the best approach toward diminishing the threat of terrorism?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Sorry. This whole thing is humorous to me though. I'll behave now
    Okay, okay, I'll start a "groping" thread.

(and i thought i had thought of everything)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/22/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote...What do you feel is the best approach toward diminishing the threat of terrorism? Quote ends..

Lets talk about America. I believe if America had spent more time making things better at home, rather than getting involve in situations that "Sometimes" doesn't concern them, would more than likely diminish most terrorist threats.
    Actually, no-

What do you feel is the best approach toward diminishing the threat of terrorism?
    and the answers are groping passengers and then giving them guns as they board the plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Lets talk about America. I believe if America had spent more time making things better at home, rather than getting involve in situations that "Sometimes" doesn't concern them, would more than likely diminish most terrorist threats.
    We tried that before. It's called isolationism and it's what lead up to WWII. We tried to just be over here by ourselves and not get involved in what was happening to the Jews or Poland or France...etc etc. Just don't pay attention to what Germany's leader (it stars out his name) was doing and try to placate him and make him happy.........

When you turn your attention away from what is going on in the world and try to ignore it and not get involved, is when you get slapped up side your head (Pearl Harbor) because - as db so eloquently put it earlier - you look like a patsy.

To turn a blind eye to the rest of the world when you are the world's #1 Superpower is hubris to the nth degree.
    my personal opinion is to leave the middle east, continue to support isreal, thats easy, buy oil only from those that support us. let them have what they want, give them their freedom, and when they are done bombing themselves back to the stone age, no we dont have to, they will do it just fine, we can see if they still dont want us around.
    Meet every single attack on western soil with a massive response. As purely indiscriminate as theirs has been, if say person X from the same country attacks say Paris, level a part of that persons country. ban all travel to and from that area. No immigrants what so ever for any reason. if they do get out, put em back on a boat and drop em off back on their own beaches. or if there are no beaches give em a quick sky diving lesson, and fly over and give em a quick trip to the ground. If this sounds to be a little harsh, too bad. Make it clear to any and all radicals now living in the west, keep your religion, but your in our country now, learn to live with what WE want.
    I might add, even if this is all done, we give them everything they have asked for, they will still demand more. Making the carpet bombing of certain countries a surety. I also predicte that we will be shipping back the mid east a lot of ummm radicals, which should include their entire family. And I do mean entire. Not just immediate, i mean all of them.
    this may sound harsh, but frankly, its what they want, so give it to them, treat them exactly how they wish to be treated. Exactly how they treat us, and how they treat each other.
    Let them go back to yesteryear, with no basic idea on how todays world works, thats what they want give it to them it will cost us nothing to do it. ok ok a little we will have to listen to left leaning individuals scream about its wrong, but frankly i can live with that, or we can send them to the mid east too...
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    I think the best approach is for more neutrality. We as a country are so insistent on sticking our nose into everything, instead of focusing on repairing and improving ourselves first. How can we be so cynical and be the fattest and least intelligent first-world country in the world (statistically speaking)?! I say focus on improvement from within rather than always crusading.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote... To turn a blind eye to the rest of the world when you are the world's #1 Superpower is hubris to the nth degree. Quote ends..

Sometimes turning a blind eye is not so bad at all(Depending on what).
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Are you looking for offensive or defensive ways, dbd?

Defensively, I'm thinking that we need to profile. I know, totally npc, but it's either that, or treat everyone as if they're a potential terrorist.

Offensively, I'm all for stealth and black ops for taking them out quietly. Pounding them with bombs only makes them scattered and angry.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13.    #33  
    Sometimes turning a blind eye is not so bad at all(Depending on what).
    Examples?
  14.    #34  
    I like this idea-
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    Offensively, I'm all for stealth and black ops for taking them out quietly. Pounding them with bombs only makes them scattered and angry.
    Examples?
    For example - Leaving unnecessary situations alone. Period.
  16.    #36  
    Like what?

E x a m p l e s please.
    Please please PLEASE! Give us one example of an unnecessary situation that we should have left alone where there was ZERO, NADA, NOTHING to gain by getting involved.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast