Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    I think the vague assertions said the US was totally to blame for the partion of Palestine. Something that most of the nations of the time voted for, including the USSR China Britan France etc etc.. oh and he missed the fact that the US revoked its agreement when the war started, placed an arms embargo on the whole works of them.. In fact it was the USSR and the Warsaw pact nations that actually did the arming of the Arab armies, what he fails to realize is that this was the time of the Cold War, it was the start of the proxie wars by the west and the east. Considering what the US had to loose at the time, ie OIL, they walked away. So did much of the Western World. But hey who am I to stand in the way of facts. lol
    again, i don't BLAME the US. i'm just pointing out that our involvement backfired on us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i want us to stop allowing the terrorist message to be effective, by giving them fuel for their argument. this will allow the good people in the area regain control on their own accord. then we wouldnt have to worry about them securing and lobbing nukes.
    Wow you missed it again, weeeeeeeee splat,, WE were not giving them fuel for their arguement prior to 9/11, WE were being fair, giving to all equally, they still killed Americans, Brits, French, etc etc.. Their message changes to suit. I agree with the other post, what next, we allow them to have Sharia law in your neighborhood??? comon,, if you really believe that say Pakistan can stand up to them with out our help your head is buried so far in the sand to be pathetic. With our help, Pakistan can barely handle what is there now. These are radicals, from several Muslim nations. Who have one agenda and one only, turn the whole world in to one giant calphitate.. That is stated in their lil websites an in their media releases, it has been for a long long time. So long as you have some wack a mole in spouting his version of the koran, and frankly with the closing of schools, no one can call them on it.. what do you expect.
    There is no way, on this lil blue planet, that they will stop. NONE. Its a classic move, get one, that another, its a domino effect.. one after another will topple.. geeesh
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  3.    #363  
    i want us to stop allowing the terrorist message to be effective, by giving them fuel for their argument. this will allow the good people in the area regain control on their own accord. then we wouldnt have to worry about them securing and lobbing nukes.
    Where'd you get your rose-tinted glasses from?

I'd like to buy a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Where'd you get your rose-tinted glasses from?

I'd like to buy a pair.
    sily llama, they come in the box with every webOS phone sold.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    silly llama, they come in the box with every webOS phone sold.
    alright guys. i think we've hit a brick wall. our back-and-forth, like the war on terrorism, is making no progress. I gotta draw the line at the repeated mention of 'implications' that I never made and abnoxious/patronizing comments.. It was fun. It was educational. I appreciate hearing the different views. we'll probably never see eye to eye on this... unless of course someone presents a war strategy that will actually make middle easterners not want us all dead. Anyway, I feel like I've learned some things, and even find value in some of your ideas (micael) and for that i'm grateful. Now Back to webOS!
  7.    #367  
    alright guys. i think we've hit a brick wall. our back-and-forth, like the war on terrorism, is making no progress. I gotta draw the line at the repeated mention of 'implications' that I never made. It was fun. I appreciate hearing the different views. we'll probably never see eye to eye on this... unless of course someone presents a war strategy that will actually make middle easterners not want us all dead. Anyway, I feel like I've learned some things, and even find value in some of your ideas (micael) and for that i'm grateful. Now Back to webOS!
    Well thank you for your contributions here, you did a great job (even though we disagree with you).
    Agreed, nice when people can debate an issue without personal attacks.
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Agreed, nice when people can debate an issue without personal attacks.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    again, i don't BLAME the US. i'm just pointing out that our involvement backfired on us...
    And we're trying to tell you that no matter what we'd had done, they'd have found a reason to attack us.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    And we're trying to tell you that no matter what we'd had done, they'd have found a reason to attack us.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    lol one last comment. i get that, but if we cut of their ability to appeal to new followers... we could make progress.... if we could get the people to see that we're not as bad as they say we are, they'd lose their influence...
    they will always be able to appeal to new followers. they have no problem lying, making stuf up, etc. It's not like the average person in a 3rd world country has CNN running 7x24.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    lol one last comment. i get that, but if we cut of their ability to appeal to new followers... we could make progress.... if we could get the people to see that we're not as bad as they say we are, they'd lose their influence...
    Harr, last word then! Very good, and thanks for the debate.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I've been following this thread, and I have to say - you guys make some very interesting comments. I'm now more educated than I was before reading this thread. Opinions are always fascinating to me - each one teach one. You're never too educated to learn something new.
  16.    #376  
    So that's it?

We're done?

Problem solved?
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, just got an e-mail from all parties that recent events on P|C made them realize it's much better to play nice.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819