Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 377
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Isn't the UN and/or NATO supposed to be the "team?" Yet, as been proven, these leaders are corrupt. Take the Oil for Food program in Iraq, for instance...

    In addition, our "teammates" like France, Germany and Russia were going behind the backs of the UN by trading resources for oil in violation of the same resolutions they voted in favor of.

    How can the US be expected to be team players when we can't trust our teammates?
    I think before the US can worry about international teammates it needs to look at the domestic teammates that currently aren't trustworthy...
  2. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #202  
    The United States radicalized the Islamics in the first place, funding the Maktab al-Khidamat and the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets.

    You can thank Reagan for that.

    Bush was going to do the same thing except against the Taliban (Fund other organizations to indirectly fight a war against them) because they were harboring Osama. Then 9-11 happened and he was like "**** it, bomb them for a couple of years, then send our troops in."

    Do we never learn from our mistakes?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  3.    #203  
    JL, since you're here now, please notice my response to you this morning, back on page 10.
  4. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #204  
    Also on a semi-related note: WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Wants to Spill Your Corporate Secrets - Forbes.com

    Who here wouldn't mind if wikileaks leaked HP/Palm's 2011 roadmap of devices?
    Last edited by JLegacy; 11/29/2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  5. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #205  
    You're not making any sense.
    If I clearly posted a question about how they stick themselves in schools and hospitals to maximize INNOCENT casualties, then i'm implying, no, STATING, that there are innocent people there!

    How the hell does that come off as me "implying that they're all radical terrorists over there"???

    YOU're stereotyping ME.
    I'm saying let's build schools over there with and for the civilian population (Majority non-suicide bombers) and you basically respond with "why deal with terrorists that blow up stuff with heavy civilian casualties? Why build schools over there if they're going to put terrorists in them?"
    Sounds a bit stereotypical to me. Was every Iraqi male with an AK-47 an insurgent? Even though pretty much every Iraqi household had one in it.

    If people with weapons go into schools and hospitals, even people of high Taliban command, then we shouldn't blow them up. Kinda a no brainer here. In one incident in the Afghanistan War Logs, NATO did a night-raid targeting a Al Qaeda agent, but instead killed four children and there wasn't even a terrorist there.

    I frankly don't give a damn if our government sends reconstruction aid to Afghanistan. They should stop making the situation worse - and by some people's morale that means funding reconstruction to make-up for the damages. Private organizations are doing foreign aid better than government is, so let's not jeopardize their efforts.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    The United States radicalized the Islamics in the first place, funding the Maktab al-Khidamat and the Mujahideen to fight the Soviets.

    You can thank Reagan for that.

    apparently you didn't take history classes in the US, because that's a pretty funny interpretation. Especially the part about Islam not being radical until Reagan "radicalized" them.

    wow
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    .... you basically respond with "why deal with terrorists that blow up stuff with heavy civilian casualties? Why build schools over there if they're going to put terrorists in them?"
    I never said that.
    Read what I DID say, and THEN you could put quotation marks around it.

    I think you're combining multiple people's quotes.

    Take your time this time around.

    I'll wait.
  8. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #208  
    dbdoinit, here you go:
    "do you expect us to "like" or reason with "people" that purposely stick themselves and their weapons in places like hospitals and schools to maximize innocent casualties when we hit them?"

    Now moving on to something more important than linguistics.
    apparently you didn't take history classes in the US, because that's a pretty funny interpretation. Especially the part about Islam not being radical until Reagan "radicalized" them.

    wow
    And the history classes in the US will tell you that the Armenian Genocide wasn't really a genocide.
    Really?

    Reagan gave the Afghan "Freedom fighters" the resources and weapons to fight off the Communists.

    http://www.juancole.com/2005/08/fisk...upon-time.html
    (That's one link, I'm sure with Wikipedia and Google you can find other sources as well.)
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #209  
    The revisionist history in this thread is amazing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    dbdoinit, here you go:
    "do you expect us to "like" or reason with "people" that purposely stick themselves and their weapons in places like hospitals and schools to maximize innocent casualties when we hit them?"
    Thank you.


    So I didn't say this, right?
    Originally Posted by JLegacy:

    ... you basically respond with "why deal with terrorists that blow up stuff with heavy civilian casualties? Why build schools over there if they're going to put terrorists in them?"




    Now you're minimizing this towards linguistics, because you mis-quoted me.

    How childish.
    Do me a favor. Don't put quotation marks around words that I didn't say.
  11. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #211  
    I didn't misquote you, I paraphrased what you said.
    Your post begged the question, so I interpreted what you said.

    Then you complained because I interpreted your vague post with a more clear rewrite (Hence the "you basically respond with").

    Misquote would be me changing what you said. That was a paraphrase of what you put, with the same message.

    I love how you keep minimizing this to childish.
    "Childish to call him an a**hole."
    "Childish to minimize this towards linguistics."

    I'm not the only one in this thread displaying "childish" behavior.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  12. #212  
    that paraphrase isn't even close to what he said. He asked about terrorists that hide like little girls in places like hospitals.

    nothing in that indicates we shouldn't build them, but indicates what cowards the terrorists are.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    The revisionist history in this thread is amazing.
    yep, and one of the major revisionists also thanked your post. irony by the bucket,
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that paraphrase isn't even close to what he said. He asked about terrorists that hide like little girls in places like hospitals.

    nothing in that indicates we shouldn't build them, but indicates what cowards the terrorists are.
    Thank you.
  15. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The revisionist history in this thread is amazing.
    yep, and one of the major revisionists also thanked your post. irony by the bucket,
    And I believe either one of us misinterpreted what "revisionist" meant, or doesn't understand the importance of revisionism in this type of debate.

    Historical revisionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Though the word "revisionism' is often used in a negative way, constant revision of history is part of the normal scholarly process of writing history.
    I don't see how any revisionism I've brought up in this topic is irrelevant to the conversation as a whole.

    Argumentum ad hominem?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  16. #216  
    revisionism is inventing new facts and interpretations, like saying that Islam wasn't radical until Reagan made them that way...
  17. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that paraphrase isn't even close to what he said. He asked about terrorists that hide like little girls in places like hospitals.

    nothing in that indicates we shouldn't build them, but indicates what cowards the terrorists are.
    This was due to the vagueness of the statement.
    The question you say he's asking doesn't follow the basis of topic we were on.

    non-sequitur. :/
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  18. JLegacy's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    revisionism is inventing new facts and interpretations, like saying that Islam wasn't radical until Reagan made them that way...
    And instead of debating this, you're using revisionism as a coup out.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

    If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  19.    #219  
    Original quote:

    "The man walked to the store."



    JL's version:

    "The old lady was awakened when her cat licked her face. She then remembered that she had to buy cat food, so she grabbed all her bags (she was a bag lady), left her apartment and took a cab to the store."
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/29/2010 at 08:11 PM.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Original quote:

    "The man walked to the store."



    JL's version:

    "The old lady was awakened when her cat licked her face. She then remembered that she had to buy cat food, so she grabbed all her bags (she was a bag lady), left her apartment and took a cab to the store."
    but, the lady was sure that the evil store conspired to sell cat food that would make the cat sick. This made the lady soo mad that she got shot a rocket propelled grenade into the store. From that day forward, her entire family set fire to every pet store they found in the entire city.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions