1.    #1  
    Hi all! Thanksgiving is nigh upon us, and for me during my last year of college, I decided to leave TWO days before break officially starts! (I'm excited because I also passed my senior comp test tonight - woot! flava flav! and all that jazz)
    I'm driving down to Austin, TX, stopping in Dallas along the way. For Thanksgiving day, I'm going to the 4th biggest city in the US of A - Houston! And then back to Austin, and then next Monday, back to college
    But my senior comp is done, I have my degree - I just have to finish the semester.
    What are all your Palm loving peoples plans?
    Happy (early) Thanksgiving!
    p.s. Juts got back from wally world, got a 4 pack of 5 hour energy drinks, and a red bull - that should get me to Austin!
    Last edited by vtboyarc; 11/22/2010 at 12:07 AM.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Congrats on the pass, great job!

I'll be doing what I always do, which is absolutely nothing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Congrats on the pass, great job!

I'll be doing what I always do, which is absolutely nothing.
    thanks!
    And you should do something, it isn't hard to find something interesting to do, or a new place to explore! Life is an adventure - get in a car and go somewhere!
    Interview dinner on 23rd. Interview on 24th. Flying home on Thanksgiving.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Interview dinner on 23rd. Interview on 24th. Flying home on Thanksgiving.
    Interview for what, and where?
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    thanks!
    And you should do something, it isn't hard to find something interesting to do, or a new place to explore! Life is an adventure - get in a car and go somewhere!
    Don't drive, don't like crowds/people and don't do holidays. Thanks, but I'll stay where it's peaceful!
    Congrats on finishing up the degree! It's a great feeling - but it's a weird feeling the next year when you start missing school.

My big plans to head up to Wisconsin to go hunting fell through because it turns out I'm on call that week for work. I have to stay within 2 hours of Chicago in case we have equipment go down at City locations or O'Hare. Sooooo.... I'm gonna attempt to cook a turkey in the oven myself and have a couple friends over.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Don't drive, don't like crowds/people and don't do holidays. Thanks, but I'll stay where it's peaceful!
    There you have it! Peace is something to be coveted.
    Interview for what, and where?
    internal medicine residency, at a hospital i'm not sure i want to work at (yet) lol
    There you have it! Peace is something to be coveted.
    Exactly! I'm sure I'll hear from my son, at some point, but that's the extent of my plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    it's a weird feeling the next year when you start missing school.
    That is the truth right there.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Congrats on finishing up the degree! It's a great feeling - but it's a weird feeling the next year when you start missing school.

My big plans to head up to Wisconsin to go hunting fell through because it turns out I'm on call that week for work. I have to stay within 2 hours of Chicago in case we have equipment go down at City locations or O'Hare. Sooooo.... I'm gonna attempt to cook a turkey in the oven myself and have a couple friends over.
    ahh, thats too bad - but it sounds like you have an interesting job!(?) albeit, one that keeps you from hunting...bummer
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    internal medicine residency, at a hospital i'm not sure i want to work at (yet) lol
    good luck! I've been doing interviews all semester, royal pain!
    good luck! I've been doing interviews all semester, royal pain!
    thanks, and good luck to you too. i have 8 interviews out of my home state that so far i'm planning on attending, and i am spending cash like it's going out of style congratulations for finishing up with school, btw. welcome to the real world.