Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 160
  1. #21  
    raper vs rapper (that extra 'p' makes a HUGE difference)
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    raper vs rapper (that extra 'p' makes a HUGE difference)
    I thought those were just alternative spelling options
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I thought those were just alternative spelling options
    LOL I believe you're right! Kinda like P-Diddy. See, that's where that extra 'p' went. If he just went by Diddy and used the 'P' to make 'rapper', he'd have been fine
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Did YOU come up with this, or did you find it here?:
    [url= vs. Does[/url]
    You're correct. I said that these two words sometimes can be tricky, so I've came up with a solution of finding a way that work for me to remember easily. Does it matter where I get it from? Just post up common errors..
    Last edited by RUSH; 11/19/2010 at 06:36 AM.
  5. #25  
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    o y h
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You're correct. I said that these two words sometimes can be tricky, so I've came up with a solution of finding a way that work for me to remember easily. Does it matter where I get it from? Just post up common errors.. and quit being nosey.
    found vs. came up with

    came up vs. come up

    nosey vs. concise

    all of these are very common errors
  8. #28  
    the thread title is vague, so I'm going to exploit it

    common errors: people don't shoulder check in their cars before changing lanes... Bad move if you are a Honda Fit, and I'm a 30' long 5 ton cube truck.

    using hamburger relish on hotdogs

    waking up in the morning and grabbing a coffee, the coffee pot does NOT go back into the fridge

    lighting a smoke backwards...looks cool, tastes like crap

    pocket dialling 911... Haven't done it myself, knock on wood, but read about it lots here

    when I think of more i'll edit my post
  9. #29  
    are vs. or
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are vs. or
    lol
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are vs. or
    Duh! That is a question... Do you not see the period.
  12. #32  
    after the period should be the word 'or'

    as an alternate, it could be 'are you' with a question mark at the end.
  13. #33  
    sometimespeopledontputspacesorpunctuationwhentheyaremakingpostsandthatmakesitreallyhardtoreadnottome ntiontypebecauseimactuallyusedtousingthespacebaritiscurrently556andivebeensittingatthiswarehousesinc e5waitingforoneskidtogetunloadedoffofatrucksothaticantakeitonatwoandahalfhourdriveandimborednowsoyou willallhavetosufferwithmemwahahahaha
  14. #34  
    dude .... Put down that coffee cup and step away from that coffee pot very slowly.... And don't make any sudden movments..... Bowel or otherwise !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #35  
    We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little P|Cmembers'
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    after the period should be the word 'or'

    as an alternate, it could be 'are you' with a question mark at the end.
    This is not kindergarten... I'm grown - if I spell something wrong, or write the wrong word...who cares.

    This is Pre|Central Forums not a GED class. Alrightee then.(Fun,Fun,Fun).
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This is not kindergarten... I'm grown - if I spell something wrong, or write the wrong word...who cares.

    This is Pre|Central Forums not a GED class. Alrightee then.(Fun,Fun,Fun).
    don't forget who started this thread, and it did look like a GED class, imho
  18.    #38  
    Nope, I wasn't correcting anyone at all. All I wrote was common errors - that's totally different than what's going on now. Not all are grammar geniuses.
  19. #39  
    <deleted>

    Another common error is bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/19/2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Original post deleted
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Another common error is bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    I know "Exactly" what I'm talking about. Trust me.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions